CHANEL Irreelle Duo in Sunset-Gold

No Image

on 10/28/2006 11:21:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Very high quality, pigmented shadows. Unlike the other reviewers, I see the darker shade as a chocolate gray/taupe rather than pure black or gray. The dark shade is a highly pigmented matte, the other is a soft shimmer. They pair very well together. The dark shade is the easiest eye shadow I've ever used to line my eyes. Goes on smoothly with an angled brush, and is beautiful as a contour when you want to go for a dramatic look. Pretty either for night or day, depending on how much of the dark contour you use. Shadows themselves are very high quality and pigmented--truly a pleasure to use. Just wish this wasn't so dang expensive.

Update: This is now my go-to shadow for the smokey eye look. Dang, the color is just so right for this. I've upgraded to 5 lippies!

on 9/3/2006 6:21:00 PM

The dark gray color in this duo is THE very first gray I ever got to look good on me. I never though gray would go with gold but it looks so pretty and modern. The gold color is the perfect golden highlight shade. I wear it as a wash on the brow bones and on the inner v's and blended across the lashline with a flat damp e/l brush. Very elegant for an evening out.

on 1/17/2006 12:44:00 AM

This is an incredible duo for a smokey eye effect. A Chanel master MA applied this to my eyes and created the most beautiful smokey eye I've ever seen on myself. He did it with only this duo, no eyeliner or other colors! I have blue eyes with gold flecks in them and when washed gently over my lids with the gold color, and using the black to line, smudge and lightly go in the crease, it makes my eyes pop. It wasn't too heavy for day wear, but it was still dramatic and gorgeous. I bought it immediately and was able to duplicate his work at home...it helped that I had the two Chanel brushes that he used. I highly recommend this eyeshadow duo, and if you shy away from it when looking at it, have a MA apply it to you before you buy it. You won't be disappointed! Chanel makeup is just the most beautiful and elegant makeup available and the quality is so high it almost makes you forgive how expensive it is. Go for it!