Sweet Almond OilSweet Almond Oil

4.3

on 12/31/2017 7:28:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

i've unfortunately found this oil is too comedogenic for my sensitive dry skin. i find that my skin becomes bumpy with closed comedones after i use this for prolonged periods of time. once a week or so doesn't make this happen, but what's the point of having a product you can only use once a week?
it isn't super moisturizing on its own from what i can tell, and seems to be best used over something else to seal in the moisture.
it doesn't smell as bad as other oils i've tried. quite honestly there isn't even much of a smell.

I use a mix of sweet almond and sunflower seed oil on my body after bath (before I dry with a towel). I hate typical body lotions- for me using oil is the best option. It moisturizers my skin and leaves it very soft. It's non irritating, affordable, overall I always have it on my shelf. I don't put it on my face since, unfortunately, all oils I've tried caused my skin to break out (even oils that claim to have anti acne properties). But it makes a great, natural body care product.

I mix it with 2 parts almond oil and 1 part coconut oil and put under my eyes overnight. I have very dark circles and this helps to moisturise them and makes them slightly lighter. While it doesn't make a drastic difference it is affordable and does reduce darkness therefore making eye bags easier to conceal. Wish it got rid of my dark circles more but overall it's fine and no faults

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I used sweet almond oil on my face and hair (not regularly) and did notice immediate minor improvements. I used it at night on my face or an hour before shampooing for my hair. Hair looked healthier. Helped with dry skin and made my face a bit more radiant. The smell is very faint and the oil is not very thick.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I've stated previously that i hated how it feels on my skin and it practically did nothing.Fast forward,now i started using this oil as part of my cleansing routine,and im loving how it feels on my skin.After wiping off the oil i would then go in with some water (cold or warm doesn't matter) and cotton pad just to get rid of the dirt on my face completely.My skin feels softer and not drying at all,compared to using the harsh cleansers.For me personally i prefer using this oil as a cleanser rather than a moisturizer.

on 9/14/2016 4:43:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I put some on my lashes at night and after a few days of use, I notice that my eyelashes are healthier. They just look like they're stronger, not as prone to damage, and I think because of this, they have also become thicker, which in turn makes the lashes appear longer because the tip of the eyelash is thicker as well. I can't really tell if it makes my lashes actually grow longer but this was my experience and I really liked the result.

I also mix this in with my moisturizer, but I immediately stopped because this just do not absorb very well into the skin which I think contributed to some acne. Also, I realized that Almond Oil is not completely non-comodogenic, meaning that this will possibly, or most likely clog your pores and result to acne, unlike Argan and Mineral Oil.

I have tried Argan oil, Almond oil and Olive oil.

I feel this works the best without weighing down the hair. Argan oil weighs my hair too much despite countless of positive reviews online.

I was previously using Locciante's sweet almond oil but it is so pricey so I am substituting this as a shower oil for now. Will update after I see more results!

By far my favorite oil. It doesn't break me out and calms my skin. It also reduces dark circles under the eyes. Love it!

on 5/17/2016 8:09:00 AM

I've never used this on my face or body but, on the recommendation of a doctor, I've used it in my ears to get rid of excess wax, with great results. I've always had too much wax in my ears(comes with having oily skin) and after a while, my ears get clogged and I had to have it removed by a doctor. A doctor in a walk-in clinic recommended that I put a drop in each ear twice a day instead, and it got rid of the wax within a few days. Don't bother with the ear wax remover you find in drugstores - they don't work and might even cause an allergic reaction.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I initially bought sweet almond oil to make some homemade aromatherapy massage oils but now use it as a face moisturiser and makeup brush cleanser. It's such an affordable multi purpose product its a staple in my house. I have sensitive acne prone skin which tends to get oily in the t-zone area and clogged pores very easily. This has not broken me out, it has helped to come my skin, help with my hyper pigmentation and control my oil which is bizarre because it is an oil that I put on my face. BUT IT WORKS!!!!!! I also use it to clean my makeup brushes and have done for years. Not only do I save on gimmicks and makeup cleansers which can be very expensive but my brushes have lasted me as long as 10 years. if you want to know how I use this oil to cleanse my makeup brushes then please free to watch my HOW TO CLEAN YOUR MAKEUP BRUSHES