Jason Natural Cosmetics Tea Tree Oil

Jason Natural Cosmetics Tea Tree Oil

4.5

Not tested on animals

pure tea tree oil

this works wonders. my skin is combination, and i get oily basically everywhere except for my cheeks. it works on pimples, and the sensation it gives your skin is soooooo relaxing. my sister and i, we both love it. i recommend that you use this when the pimple starts forming for better results because it takes a while for it to kill a big pimple.
when you use this product on a certain area for a long time without moisturising, that area might get really dry. i used this on my chin about twice a day, for more than a week, moisturising only when i remembered, and it got really dry. i mean, the pimple got away eventually, but it would have gotten away faster if i had actually moisturised.
one time, i got a really bad sunburn on my nose and the area under my eyes. i placed aloe vera (not the natural one), the bottled one that had a green color. it soothed my sunburn, but after that, i got a really bad breakout on the area i placed aloe vera on. a lot of pimples started cropping up, and i had an event a week after. it was pretty stressful , but i just placed this tea tree oil on the area twice a day, after washing my face, and in about 4-5 days, it was gone. IT WORKS, PEOPLE.
for me, the smell is relaxing, but every time i use it in the presence of a friend, they always complain that something smells ~weird~. one of my cousins even said that it smells like chlorine, but it smells really good to me and my sisters. i don't know if something is wrong with us, or if people just don't know how to appreciate the smells (or maybe we just got used to it).
i recommend that you use it at night if you have something to do on the next morning because using it in the morning makes your skin appear really oily, and if you only put it in certain spots, it'll just look weird under the light.
i think this would be okay for younger people to use in moderation(maybe in their tweens or teens) because it's not strong. it's pretty mild on the skin, and on pimples. i made my eleven year old sister use it on a tiny pimple, and she actually liked it.
i suggest you use this with a cleanser. i used to use my tea tree oil with a tea tree cleanser that i got at the body shop--the liquid green one. it was great. i also paired it with the ponds antibacterial facial cleanser. if you don't have a cleanser, its okay. you can just use normal bar soaps like dove (for dry skin), and ivory (for oilier skin).
anyway, all in all, i like this product (a lot), and it saved me from having ugly photos, but it only works sometimes, for some reason. i used to use it every day, and that was okay, but now that i stopped using it, my skin's actually fine. now, i only use it when i feel a big pimple erupting.

on 6/22/2014 9:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Let me just say this -- I LOVE this 100% pure organic tea tree oil! It is my HG essential oil! It treats just about everything about my sensitive/reactive skin! So amazing! I use it as soon as I feel a zit forming and it zaps it completely and prevents the zit from forming! It's amazing for dandruff and seborrheic dermatitis too! Also after eyebrow threading, just dab the oil on the area to soothe the skin and it minimizes the red bumps that form after. I also make a tea tree mask that's just simply fabulous -- mix 1 teaspoon of kaolin clay, 1-2 drops of tea tree oil and 4-5 drops of distilled water. This mask used about 3-4 times a week decongests my skin! Bottle comes with a built in dropper. So convenient! WARNING FOR ALL CAT OWNERS: BE VERY CAREFUL WHEN USING TEA TREE OIL AROUND YOUR CAT! Tea tree oil is extremely dangerous and potentially fatal, even in small amounts. This is because cats are not able to metabolize the oil and thus, may suffer liver failure, which may result in death if they consume it. Note that even if the oil is on their skin, they can absorb it and also since cats bathe themselves, they will end up consuming it! Be very careful!

To Read all 46 Reviews, Login or Join

on 5/17/2014 2:08:00 PM

Anyone who has head sores should try this. Just one application will diminish those allergic reactions to shampoos, hairspray, hair gel. It is the only thing that gets rid of my head sores.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

An absolute must for anyone who suffers from acne! A little background on my face..I've suffered with moderate to severe acne since I was 13, I've been prescribed various oral antibiotics and creams from my Derm and none of them come close to this HG. Recently, I stopped taking my oral antibiotic cuz my skin has never looked better, which I attribute to this. Whenever I feel a deep pimple forming, I apply this directly onto the spot with a q-tip and within hours, it practically disappears. TTO has saved me from so much stress and pain of having cystic acne, especially during my period when breakouts have always flared up. I like this brand of oil since its 100% tea tree without any filler, and for those who worry about putting oils onto their face, don't worry bout it! TTO is non-comedegenic and absorbs into my skin almost immediately. I recommend only applying it to trouble spots at night bc the smell is quite strong and it will dry you out if applied all over IMO. If you're at your wits end with crappy skin, go with this natural cure. Ill repurchase always and try to have a backup on hand :) HG

I've been hearing about the benefits of tea tree oil for years but never tried it until recently! I've ways had a problem with razor burn when I shave my bikini area and nothing I've tried has worked. I found a DIY tea tree oil toner online, mixed up a batch and applied to the area. Within an hour! I could see a dramatic difference in the bumps! I've also used the toner on my face and I've noticed a decrease in redness! The smell is strong though!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Oil of tea tree, oh how I love thee, what magical powers you possess, to solve my every distress. I had to get that out, I've used this in my moisturizer just 3 times and experienced a dramatic turn around in my skin. After over using bha and bp my sensitive skin was left looking like I had a chem. burn on my cheeks plus a bad bout of picking made me want to cry over my appearance. I'd recently bought a bottle of tto (for $13) and decided to make a change, now after just a day and a half my pores have shrunk, my blackheads virtually gone, and for the piece de resistance GREATLY alleviated redness. The way I apply with no irritation is by mixing one drop tto per one pump CeraVe facial moisturizer am in the morning, CeraVe pm in the evening which is about three drops tto each time. I also want add that right after washing my face I apply rosehip seed oil (now brand) directly to any red spots/marks (never active pimples though) and the combination of these products has been great.

on 4/2/2013 7:15:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

This stuff is awesome!!!!!!!! I've always used benzoyl peroxide over the last few years, usually it worked, but not on those painful, inflamed under the skin red zits. Big mistake to have put benzoyl peroxide on them as it only irritated the s*** out of them and only made it worse.

UNTIL I researched online to find something to help these embarrassing big red pimples go away asap! Just a quick stop to walgreens.....$13 for a small bottle. TEA TREE OIL = LIFESAVER
Don't be afraid to put oils on your skin as long as they are 100% natural, it soothes and calms your zits big or small (spot treatment). I spot treat zits undiluted (straight tea tree oil) and seems to work great. It can be drying if put too many times during the day though. If the spot is near your eyes it will seem like your eyes are burning for a bit. TTO will take its time, but it is only helping it! dont pop your big red zits! The smell is pretty strong when first opened and my bathroom smelled like it after a few days.... *__*

I'll never let this tea tree oil leave my side! xoxoxoxo

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

First, a little background on my skin: I've had issues with acne since high school and it never stopped. Recently, I had a horrible break out on my forehead and it came for no reason. My skin was dry, irritated, and nothing I tried would help (most things actually made it worse). I was at my wit's end and couldn't stand to look in a mirror. I cried over it and felt horrible. My boyfriend even managed to make me feel worse by poking fun at me for it. He didn't mean any harm and thought I'd laugh, and usually, I would have.

Now on to the review.

I'll admit it; I love tto and it seems to love me too. I've been using Jason's tto for about a month and I've seen a huge improvement in my skin.

I usually only use it at night (be warned, this stuff smells awful the first few times you open the bottle) after cleansing with an off brand of cold cream (original Pond's ingredients). I then dilute it with water 50/50 and use a cotton ball to pat it into my skin. After that, I add a couple more drops and use a q-tip for spot treatment.

I read here that tto is usually very drying, but my skin just eats it up. I've had absolutely no drying whatsoever even on the times when I do use it undiluted.

Now, on to how it works. Since I bought the cold cream to pull impurities to the surface of my skin, I wanted something that would help each spot vanish faster and leave no scar. Well, this does it! After a couple days, every active spot I've applied it to is just gone. Even better, I know it's this combo that's working for me. My mom fell in love with the cold cream, but she wasn't expecting it to pull anything out. It did and she came to me worried and fretting. I dabbed some of my tto mixture on the single spot she had (lucky) and within two days, it was gone, no scar, no nothing. Her skin is again perfect.

Bonus: my mom looked at me yesterday morning before I took her to work and she commented on how much clearer my skin was. I literally ran to the mirror and my jaw fell open in shock. My acne scars had been fading and I hadn't even noticed! I was so busy with the active stuff that I hadn't even looked at the scars. I looked at a picture I'd taken before starting treatment and realized it was absolutely true.

This is not a miracle use-it-once-and-get-perfect-skin-forever product. But! It has improved my skin greatly with perseverance and patience. I will continue to use this regime and look forward to finally having lovely skin.

on 4/29/2012 11:37:00 PM

I have used this for about a week. I have sensitive skin and i had no reaction other then a weird feeling when it was on. As everyone should know the smell is pretty bad but eventually you get used to it. I would put this on and it would feel like my skin was pulsing. SOunds awful right ? well i took it off expecting a rash.. nothing. But i did notice it cleared up a blemish i had. So the next day i tried it again and fought though a bit of the weird pulsing feeling and still had no reaction. It Did help clear up acne by drying it out but then again after the acne was just a red mark, the skin was really dry. After exfoliating my skin looked way better and like i said the acne had gone down.

This works as a really good spot treatment but any bit on the rest of the skin and you look like your face wants to shed a layer of skin. =p

on 4/18/2012 3:21:00 PM

Yes, it stinks. Yes, it works.

This is great for clearing blemishes. It is drying, so don't go overboard and use too much. Besides, the smell might kill you before it dries your skin out. Wet the end of a q-tip with a couple drops and dab on blemishes. Use 1-2X/day and inflammation will start to shrink within 24 hours.

Popular Treatments (Face)