Gigi All Purpose Honee Microwave Formula Wax Kit

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
Gigi All Purpose Honee Microwave Formula Wax Kit

3.0

on 6/4/2009 11:29:00 PM

Thumbs down. Get the Cirepil blue stripless wax. It's hard to find but so superior in every way. Gigi space saving warmer is awesome, though.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I went to Sally's beauty determined to get a waxer (the ones at salons) some strips, and learn how to do this myself. Needless to say the process was a disaster. But still determined I bought this kit. I have the strip free version of the microwave kit. It comes with all the little bottles to prep the area, take the wax off, a slow growth cream, and a concealer (which is like calomine lotion but actually works great on pimples when dotted with a qtip and then covered with powder but i wouldnt advise using it after waxing. This kit is so simple. Not having to use the strips is a big plus. The only thing you have to get used to is how thick the wax should be (or youll be dripping it everywhere) and how long to wait till you peel.

I heat it up for 2 min because my microwave is junky. then wait till it looks like its hardened on top. Then I break through the top to the bottom and the wax underneath is nice and thick and warm, not runny or hot. Then just put a clump only on the tip of the stick and apply. (ive only used this on my face and its gentle enough for my sensitive skin) Then I just walk around my house looking funny till its cold.and I KNOW its dry. When you peel it off too soon you get residue or no hair removal.

This may be gross but I love looking at the peeled pieces to see all the baby hairs its getting that I could never pluck myself. Wohoo! I am usually too impatient to wait till the hair grows long enough (were talking upper lip and chin here ladies and who can wait for that to grow..eww) So ive been doing it once a week to keep things looking nice. Ugg the pain of being an italian woman lol.

Hope this helps. Worth a try and the kit was about 12 bucks but its worth it because you get the sample bottles of everything (which will last a long time after youve replaced the wax) plus a normal size wax jar.

good luck!
*UPDATE: Its not bad, and i still use it every once in a while. But im on the lookout for better products.