Gigi All Purpose Honee Microwave Formula Wax Kit

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
Gigi All Purpose Honee Microwave Formula Wax Kit

3.8

Tried to wax my face with this- terrible. Hurt unbelievably, which I wouldn't have minded so much except for the fact that at best it would take half the hairs off, but usually leave them all there. I bled quite a bit too. Also I just washed my face FIVE TIMES and used the wax remover lotion stuff, and I STILL have this crap on my face. Threw this POS out.

on 7/22/2011 4:55:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this specifically to do a bikini wax . It worked way better than I thought it would ! Takes off hair easily and the pain is minimal . The only downside was the mess ! I accidently knocked the wax container and a bit spilt on my desk and I have no idea how to get it off . It cools down fast which causes a stringy sticky mess . But all in all , I like the product and I like how easy it is to use and how well it works .

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

Great product easy to use, a little goes a long way. Coffee filters can be used to replace the strips;D)

on 5/28/2009 11:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Wow... I think I only paid something like $20ish for this and it has already lasted about 5 waxes and is only half gone. What a great deal! Next time around I think I will only buy the wax, not the kit, although this was a great starter. You can substitute any of the other items much cheaper (popsicle sticks, muslin, baby oil, etc).

The most important thing to mention about this, in my mind, is that LEARNING CURVE is critical! The first time I waxed I decided that I had wasted my money, hated the product and almost gave up. The second time was much better and now I feel like a pro.

Some tips: **Heat the wax so that it is workable, but don't get it any hotter than you have to. If it's runny, it won't grab the hairs well. **Don't waste your money on those silly and expensive pre-cut cloth strips. pick up some cheap muslin at walmart or wherever and cut your own 2"x4" or so strips. Then you can use as many as you want and wax a small area at a time. It's much better that way. **Taking a hint from a previous reviewer, spray the inside of the lid with non-stick cooking spray to prevent it from glueing itself shut.

The only con I can think of is that if you get the wax on something non-skin ( accidentally dribbled some on the side of the tub where the was was sitting), it's hard to clean up. Overall, super product!