Gigi All Purpose Honee Microwave Formula Wax Kit

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Gigi All Purpose Honee Microwave Formula Wax Kit

3.7

Oh my god the newer version of this stuff is awful. I can't say it doesn't work because it definitely removes the hair - if you are patient and have a lot of time.

THE MESS of this product completely voids out any good in the product at all. I spent an hour trying to get the wax off of my fingers, clothes, sink, EVERYTHING.... The wax remover that comes in the kit is garbage and is simply just grease that sits on your hands.

I had to use the CLEANER "goo gone" to get rid of this mess, after 25 min of scrubbing I finally am done with the mess to sit and write this review warning all you ladies about the mess of this product - so not worth it. I'd rather shave every day than use this again... Simply can't return it quick enough!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I LOVE this wax! I bought it to wax my legs because I get terrible results when I shave- my legs are never smooth, just irritated- and don't have a ton of money to spend at the salon. I figured if it worked well, I'd do my bikini, underarms and arms. I bought the kit because I wanted to make sure I liked it and was able to do it (I'm not the best at this kind of thing) before I bought the warmer and all that. But it was super easy! I did it on a towel on the kitchen floor so I wouldn't have to go up and down the stairs to the microwave. If the wax is the right consistency (thin), it goes on very easily and comes off very easily. It really wasn't that painful. More importantly, I love the results. My legs are not completely smooth (there must have been some shorter hairs mixed in) but they are definitely smoother than when I shave. It took me forever (about 4 hours lol) but it was my first time and I'm sure I'll get faster at it. I also ran out of the muslin strips after the first leg. Luckily I have a great boyfriend who I sent out to Sallys to buy me some more (poor guy haha!) The wax was completely gone by the time I finished, but I'm not sure if that's my fault or not (I tend to overuse products.) And I didn't have a tough time getting the wax off my skin like some others. The Wax Off worked pretty well along with some baby oil. My hands would get pretty sticky at times, but I just soaked a cotton pad with baby oil, rubbed it on my fingers and rinsed with warm water. The after wax lotion (I forget the name) seemed to work pretty well, and I am going to use the Slow Grow lotion daily and see how that works. But this is a great product and I love the results! I am going to buy the large jar and warmer and try a brazilian next- I hope it's just as easy!

on 8/26/2009 1:05:00 PM

This kit is super easy to use and i am so glad i don't need to use muslin strips to do this and it's not painful.

This makes me happy and i save a trip to the salon as well.

on 8/8/2009 7:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I just bought this today, after deciding I was going to do my own bikini wax [which was bold, considering Ive never even had a professional one]. Anyway, the price is great for what you get, I paid around sixteen dollars. All the items seperately would have been much more.
PROS: gets just about every hair [and mine is very thick] and was not nearly as painful as I thought it would be. However, I will say make sure your skin is held very taut or it hurts more.
CONS: the other bottles included in the kit I would probably never use, except the Wax Off - which was absolutely pointless, I ended up using baby oil. The biggest con is the removal, I am still sticky in 'that area.' I have to admit that being called 'honee' I thought it would be more like a sugar wax and easier to remove. Thank god Im staying home tonight - Do not use this right before you need to go out unless you are really great at waxing your own bikini line. All in all, I would repurchase, unless I could find something just as good but easier to wash off.

on 6/10/2009 9:50:00 PM

I went to Sally's today and purchased this product with high hopes. I get regular bikini waxes and was hoping to eliminate excessive costs and trips to the salon. However, I was extrememly disappointed from the minute I walked in my door. First, it took me a good 25 minutes to open the jar, which was FUSED shut with dried wax. I got a nice little friction burn on my hand as a result. Finally, I got it open, microwaved it, and anxiously ran upstairs to do the job, as I did not want the wax to harden too much. As I dipped the stick in the jar and back out, some of the wax dribbled around and got on my hands. From then on, it stuck to everything I touched. Anyway, I decided to try the strips. The good news is the first strip was perfect. It did a really good job and didn't hurt so bad. The bad news is, I have NO IDEA what I did wrong the second time around. Maybe the wax got too cool, but I applied it, pressed the strip down, went to pull, and it sloooowly peeled off, removing just SOME hairs and causing more pain that I had wanted. I decided to try again, thinking I should clean the wax off my body and reheat the jar. Well, the "wax off" in the kit did NOTHING. I hopped in the shower, trying to scrub it off and to my dismay, it didn't COME OFF MY SKIN! So here I am, an hour before I have to be somewhere, and my skin is a waxy, sticky, and now white and creamy mess. After doing some google searches for removing excess bikini wax, I found the following suggestions: wax remover lotion (which was supplied in the kit and did not work AT ALL,) and baby oil (tried it, didn't work). Olive oil was next, which worked somewhat, followed by vigorous soap scrubbing. After showering and drying off, I was STILL STICKY. It just didn't go away. Finally, I found a post which said to use vaseline, which I'd have to say worked the best. I applied it, then rubbed it off with some pressure with a tissue. If you have wax stuck ALL OVER, go straight to the vaseline.

I will NOT buy this again. At around $15, it wasn't too expensive, but paying the money at a salon is worth it if it means not making a huge mess. I will be throwing this wax out because right now it's just a huge, sticky mess.

on 6/8/2006 1:45:00 PM

I am so happy I discovered this product, and I never would have tried it without these reviews. With a coupon this kit was only $13, which is a steal compared to getting it done professionally. I somehow talked my boyfriend into helping me out, since I've tried waxing myself in the past with pathetic results. I did both lower legs, my bikini line, eyebrows, and some light fuzz on my stomach. Even the bikini line wasn't too bad, and everything compared to that was just like ripping off a bandaid. To ease the pain I took a strong painkiller, followed by some wine beforehand, which I'd strongly recommend. I'm going to go back to Sally's and buy full size versions of everything in the kit.