Gigi All Purpose Honee Microwave Formula Wax Kit

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Gigi All Purpose Honee Microwave Formula Wax Kit

3.3

Oh my god the newer version of this stuff is awful. I can't say it doesn't work because it definitely removes the hair - if you are patient and have a lot of time.

THE MESS of this product completely voids out any good in the product at all. I spent an hour trying to get the wax off of my fingers, clothes, sink, EVERYTHING.... The wax remover that comes in the kit is garbage and is simply just grease that sits on your hands.

I had to use the CLEANER "goo gone" to get rid of this mess, after 25 min of scrubbing I finally am done with the mess to sit and write this review warning all you ladies about the mess of this product - so not worth it. I'd rather shave every day than use this again... Simply can't return it quick enough!

Tried to wax my face with this- terrible. Hurt unbelievably, which I wouldn't have minded so much except for the fact that at best it would take half the hairs off, but usually leave them all there. I bled quite a bit too. Also I just washed my face FIVE TIMES and used the wax remover lotion stuff, and I STILL have this crap on my face. Threw this POS out.

on 12/18/2009 5:21:00 PM

I hardly ever wax my legs or bikini area, but when I did in the past I used a plain homemade sugar wax and needed no strips. This Gigi wax is just fine. It did a good job pulling off my leg hairs, but my skin sure did get red and bumpy. Even a few days after waxing I found myself scratching my legs like crazy. So really, my legs are NOT nice and smooth like I wanted because of all the scratching. This stuff is also really sticky and a pain to get rid of. Now that I've tried it, I prefer the homemade stuff because that makes my legs incredibly smooth and I never have any skin irritation problems. Also, I do want to mention the 4 little bottles that come with this kit are totally worthless. This kit made me realize that all the time and effort into waxing with strips and constantly having to reheat the wax isn't worth it. I'm sticking with my razor... or maybe going back to homemade sugar wax.

on 6/10/2009 9:50:00 PM

I went to Sally's today and purchased this product with high hopes. I get regular bikini waxes and was hoping to eliminate excessive costs and trips to the salon. However, I was extrememly disappointed from the minute I walked in my door. First, it took me a good 25 minutes to open the jar, which was FUSED shut with dried wax. I got a nice little friction burn on my hand as a result. Finally, I got it open, microwaved it, and anxiously ran upstairs to do the job, as I did not want the wax to harden too much. As I dipped the stick in the jar and back out, some of the wax dribbled around and got on my hands. From then on, it stuck to everything I touched. Anyway, I decided to try the strips. The good news is the first strip was perfect. It did a really good job and didn't hurt so bad. The bad news is, I have NO IDEA what I did wrong the second time around. Maybe the wax got too cool, but I applied it, pressed the strip down, went to pull, and it sloooowly peeled off, removing just SOME hairs and causing more pain that I had wanted. I decided to try again, thinking I should clean the wax off my body and reheat the jar. Well, the "wax off" in the kit did NOTHING. I hopped in the shower, trying to scrub it off and to my dismay, it didn't COME OFF MY SKIN! So here I am, an hour before I have to be somewhere, and my skin is a waxy, sticky, and now white and creamy mess. After doing some google searches for removing excess bikini wax, I found the following suggestions: wax remover lotion (which was supplied in the kit and did not work AT ALL,) and baby oil (tried it, didn't work). Olive oil was next, which worked somewhat, followed by vigorous soap scrubbing. After showering and drying off, I was STILL STICKY. It just didn't go away. Finally, I found a post which said to use vaseline, which I'd have to say worked the best. I applied it, then rubbed it off with some pressure with a tissue. If you have wax stuck ALL OVER, go straight to the vaseline.

I will NOT buy this again. At around $15, it wasn't too expensive, but paying the money at a salon is worth it if it means not making a huge mess. I will be throwing this wax out because right now it's just a huge, sticky mess.

on 6/4/2009 11:29:00 PM

Thumbs down. Get the Cirepil blue stripless wax. It's hard to find but so superior in every way. Gigi space saving warmer is awesome, though.

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

Great product easy to use, a little goes a long way. Coffee filters can be used to replace the strips;D)

on 8/22/2008 9:06:00 PM

When I go for brazillians, my esthestician uses this wax and another kind of sugar wax on me. I have bought it for home use, but mainly use it for removing unwanted hair from my hubby. (I have switched to a depilator). I use most of the items in the kit, including the pre-wax and post-wax mini bottles. This is a must for cleaning the area and removing wax, respectively. This kit can also be found in most beauty supply stores.

on 8/8/2008 3:20:00 PM

I LOVE this product!! After reading the reviews on here I decided to give it a try! It heated up very well in the microwave to the perfect consistency, went on very easily and ripped out every hair! I've waxed myself (brazilian) with a few other waxes and this is by far the best!! My only problem with it is that I had a hard time cleaning off the excess wax from my skin. Now I just need to find something for that and it will be perfect!!

on 11/17/2007 12:16:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Skip the kit, just get the microwaveable wax and strips and some craft sticks. The extra stuff in the kit is not worth having. Olive oil followed by dish soap gets the remaining wax off effortlessly.

I prefer my wax a bit on the warm side, but have also experienced some peeling skin if it gets too warm. However, this stuff gets every last hair and leaves nothing behind. I will never use pre-waxed strips again.

A nice trick -- put the jar cover back on the jar, then spread some olive oil inside the lid, on the threads. This will prevent the lid from becoming permanently fused to the jar.

on 8/28/2007 4:12:00 AM

If you are used to using a hard stripless wax like Poetic Waxing, you will like this product. But you have to get used to it's texture. It is very very sticky and needs to harden on your skin for longer than the poetic wax.

And do not ever ever use it without putting the oil stuff on first, you will regret it!

The microwave formula is SO much more convenient than the poetic, it also stays soft longer so it saves time and not having to make a bain marie is great.