Gigi All Purpose Honee Microwave Formula Wax Kit

Filtered by skin type : Normal
Gigi All Purpose Honee Microwave Formula Wax Kit

4.6

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Very nice product. Easy to use and I was amazed by how nice it made my legs feel!

on 10/17/2011 1:29:00 PM

This review is just for the wax as I did not purchase the kit. I used this for the the hair under my arms which I deem to be a somewhat difficult spot to remove hair from. Before this, I had been using a non-warming sugaring wax call Alexandria if I can recall. I read the reviews on MUA before use. I took extra caution 1) not to over heat in microwave 2) not to drip sticky wax all over the place. I had amazing results. Removed all my hair with one application, minimal pain and with just a thin coating of wax. There was little sticky residue under my arms which was easily removed by the recommended baby oil and cotton ball. I do not recommend this for novice users as it's extremely sticky and will make a big mess if you do not know what you are doing. Other than that, very happy with the gigi line of wax and I am looking foward to smooth hairless skin :)

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Well I tried to do as much research as possible before buying this, even though my mind was already set. I heard alot of good reviews on the All purpose Honee was in general. I wanted to buy the all purpose honey wax by itself along with some muslin strips. I don't have a wax warmer though so i went ahead and bought the kit, which i would call a started kit. It came with four small sample sized bottles of the Wax Off, (which somewhat worked, even though most reviews i read said it didn't), Pre-Hon (which I didn't bother using since i didn't have any powder), After Skin Wax Concealer (which as one reviewer said is similar to chamomile lotion and looked like a beet colored ghosty foundation over my tanned complexion) and last but not least, the Slow Grow lotion (which I already have a big bottle of a similar product) I couldn't see myself buying any of those products but it doesn't hurt since they came with the kit. Okay, so I needed a heavy duty kit and it was my mistake for knowing this would be considered a beginners kit and expecting it to do more than what it was supplied for. I had plans to wax my arms, legs and bikini area and the kit comes with 10 large muslin strips and 10 small muslin strips. Luckily I found a old linen shirt to cut up which worked great on my arms and legs which weren't as important as my bikini area not to mention my full legs and arms would've needed more than the 10 large strips provided. I had to get into warrior mode to push myself to go 'brazilian'. (Lord.) I had to stop half way because there is seriously a technique to master for that but I was doing a fairly decent job. Over all, the wax itself is great! A little does go along way and as a few people said, you just have to get the wax consistency right and you'll be fine. The wax did grab pretty much every hair and any hairs it didn't grab were just because they were too short to grip or grab due to my shaving. It was dreadful growing a winter coat in the summer but once i waxed it all off the final result was silky smooth and lovely! Next time I'm just going to by the wax and a pack of the muslin strips because I don't think I have any more linen shirts to spare. LOVED it.

on 5/28/2009 11:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Wow... I think I only paid something like $20ish for this and it has already lasted about 5 waxes and is only half gone. What a great deal! Next time around I think I will only buy the wax, not the kit, although this was a great starter. You can substitute any of the other items much cheaper (popsicle sticks, muslin, baby oil, etc).

The most important thing to mention about this, in my mind, is that LEARNING CURVE is critical! The first time I waxed I decided that I had wasted my money, hated the product and almost gave up. The second time was much better and now I feel like a pro.

Some tips: **Heat the wax so that it is workable, but don't get it any hotter than you have to. If it's runny, it won't grab the hairs well. **Don't waste your money on those silly and expensive pre-cut cloth strips. pick up some cheap muslin at walmart or wherever and cut your own 2"x4" or so strips. Then you can use as many as you want and wax a small area at a time. It's much better that way. **Taking a hint from a previous reviewer, spray the inside of the lid with non-stick cooking spray to prevent it from glueing itself shut.

The only con I can think of is that if you get the wax on something non-skin ( accidentally dribbled some on the side of the tub where the was was sitting), it's hard to clean up. Overall, super product!

on 7/6/2008 6:39:00 PM

Okay...so I'm going to Florida in a week and decided I really wanted to be hair free.

I tried Nad's a few days ago, and I just couldn't deal with it. So after reading the reviews on Gigi products here, I went to Sally's and picked up this starter kit.

Because this was my first real attempt at waxing myself, it was a long process...however, not as painful as I had imagined. I managed to do my underarms and bikini line. I am so excited about my smooth underarms!!!! Before today, I was about to go to a spa/salon to get them done, but I'm glad I did it on my own. Very easy, and seriously...not as painful as people say. (I followed the advice of someone on here and took some tylenol before waxing).

Piece-o-cake! When this runs out, I'm going to get the bigger can of wax and the wax warmer. I don't think I'll ever go back to shaving!....I'm going to try my legs tomorrow!