Gigi All Purpose Honee Microwave Formula Wax Kit

Gigi All Purpose Honee Microwave Formula Wax Kit

3.9

on 9/27/2005 6:42:00 PM

This kit is AWESOME!! I use it for my bikini area and its the ONLY thing that works wonders and actually leaves my skin smooth for weeks! This really takes practice so don't give up the first time you use it....one tip is to make sure that you are applying a VERY thin coat of wax, and to rub/pat the muslin strip so that the wax and hair really stick to it.

This kit includes the all purpose honee microwave wax, pre-hon lotion, wax-off lotion, benzokal skin concealer, slow grow lotion, 10 applicators, and 20 muslin strips. I use everything in the kit except for the concealer, which is a really freakishly pink shade and seems to make the area look worse. The only thing I would change about the kit is I think they should include some baby powder with it to apply before waxing so the wax really sticks to the skin better. And, I would include more muslin strips because I've gone through all of them (for just my bikini area!) in like 3-4 applications, but still have a ton of the other products left! And, I even cut them in half....

This kit is great for starting out, and you really can get professional results for less than $20! Definitely recommend this stuff....all the drugstore products I've tried don't even compare to the quality of this! And this is SO much better than shaving! It hurts a little the first time you do it but after awhile I'm so used to it, it hardly hurts. And you only have to do it like once every 2-3 weeks! yay! holy grail!
btw, I bought this from Sally beauty for $15...

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I went to Sally's beauty determined to get a waxer (the ones at salons) some strips, and learn how to do this myself. Needless to say the process was a disaster. But still determined I bought this kit. I have the strip free version of the microwave kit. It comes with all the little bottles to prep the area, take the wax off, a slow growth cream, and a concealer (which is like calomine lotion but actually works great on pimples when dotted with a qtip and then covered with powder but i wouldnt advise using it after waxing. This kit is so simple. Not having to use the strips is a big plus. The only thing you have to get used to is how thick the wax should be (or youll be dripping it everywhere) and how long to wait till you peel.

I heat it up for 2 min because my microwave is junky. then wait till it looks like its hardened on top. Then I break through the top to the bottom and the wax underneath is nice and thick and warm, not runny or hot. Then just put a clump only on the tip of the stick and apply. (ive only used this on my face and its gentle enough for my sensitive skin) Then I just walk around my house looking funny till its cold.and I KNOW its dry. When you peel it off too soon you get residue or no hair removal.

This may be gross but I love looking at the peeled pieces to see all the baby hairs its getting that I could never pluck myself. Wohoo! I am usually too impatient to wait till the hair grows long enough (were talking upper lip and chin here ladies and who can wait for that to grow..eww) So ive been doing it once a week to keep things looking nice. Ugg the pain of being an italian woman lol.

Hope this helps. Worth a try and the kit was about 12 bucks but its worth it because you get the sample bottles of everything (which will last a long time after youve replaced the wax) plus a normal size wax jar.

good luck!
*UPDATE: Its not bad, and i still use it every once in a while. But im on the lookout for better products.

on 4/7/2006 4:52:00 PM

I have the GiGi All-Purpose Honee Microwave Formula Starter Kit. The kit includes the wax, spatulas (wide and narrow), muslin strips and 4 types of lotion (pre-wax, wax remover, hair inhibitor and concealer). Fantastic product - even on my first attempt, very easy to use at home and gives professional results. Some tips: follow the instruction given on the package, take two advils about 1 hour before, trim hair to about 1/2" or 1/4" length, apply only a light coating of wax (more is not better in this case) and use baby powder on skin (it helps the wax adhere to hair, not skin). Most importantly, pull the muslin against the direction of hair growth (i.e., parallel to skin / sideways, not perpendicular / upward). Stings a little, but nothing excruciating. I bought the kit for $16 - less than half what a salon bikini wax would cost, and no hassles of appointment, etc.

on 6/8/2006 1:45:00 PM

I am so happy I discovered this product, and I never would have tried it without these reviews. With a coupon this kit was only $13, which is a steal compared to getting it done professionally. I somehow talked my boyfriend into helping me out, since I've tried waxing myself in the past with pathetic results. I did both lower legs, my bikini line, eyebrows, and some light fuzz on my stomach. Even the bikini line wasn't too bad, and everything compared to that was just like ripping off a bandaid. To ease the pain I took a strong painkiller, followed by some wine beforehand, which I'd strongly recommend. I'm going to go back to Sally's and buy full size versions of everything in the kit.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

gigi honey microwave wax is my HG wax. I bought the kit once but didnt *need* all the extra little samples that come with it so i now buy a jar of the wax, a package of the muslin strips, and the applicators. It is more cost efficient and lasts me for months. With one jar i can do both legs and my bikini line twice. It costs more than drugstore brands, but you get what you pay for. the drugstore brands i've tried suck. and just think how much cheaper it is than getting it professionally done. P.S. with waxing- practice makes perfect

UPDATE: I splurged and got the Gigi wax warmer and the Gigi honey wax in the metal container and it is sooooo worth it. But if you don't wax very often, this microwave formula works great.

I hadn't tried to do my own waxing in a number of years, but the bug bit me again and the reviews here convinced me this was the one to try. It really is the best I've ever tried. Waxing on both my face and arms was absolutely flawless. No need to backtrack, silky smooth and no irritation. The kit ($14.99 at Sally's) is a nice introduction to their product line. I'm not a big fan of the extra products - they seem fine, but my waxing results so far haven't necessitated the extra time involved in using these, so a I'll buy a large container of just the wax next time. I would recommend picking up a package of applicator sticks when purchasing, as my kit didn't contain any. (I had craft sticks handy, so I didn't make the drive back to Sally's.) I will attempt my legs this weekend - fingers crossed that the results will be the same! Great product.

on 1/10/2007 6:20:00 PM

Just tried this based on positive review here. What a disaster! The wax is very sticky, which might be good if it stuck to the hair and not everything else in sight. I believe that it got about 1/2 of the hair on my legs. The worst part was trying to get the residual off my legs and anywhere else that it got. Luckily I put paper down where I was waxing, but any drops that fell anywhere in the bathroom or on me just turned to goo. Also, the residual on my legs would not come off at all and just turned into a resin like material that is still there. I don't recommend this at all and I am going to try to return it to Sally tomorrow! For my money, I think a hard wax might work much better.

on 3/11/2007 7:38:00 PM

This is actually for the Brazilian Bikini Wax by the same company. It's essentially the same kit I think- only this one doesn't require muslin strips. You heat the wax, and while it's nice and warm you spread over the area- the wax cools and rips out all of the hair. I had to go over some areas with a tweezer afterwards. but this stuff works great. I actually managed to do my own bikini which is a feat unto itself! oh, and if you do this get one of these kits- make sure to heat the wax enough so it's not too sticky, and GET THE NUMBING SPRAY. I couldn't have done this without that spray. I'm a total wimp. I can't believe how smooth my bikini line is right now, and I'm looking forward to doing my underarms when the hair is long enough. I've been waiting for a product like this one- and this kit is awesome.

on 4/29/2007 1:38:00 PM

I bought the kit with the warmer, wax, lotions and waxing tools....what a waste! This wax is awful! It takes at least 15 minutes to fully heat up and melt in the warmer and is never hot going on. I used it successfully the first time by removing almost all the hairs on my legs (with some reapplications). I also had some reddness and irritation more than usual. I thought this stuff was great until I went to clean up; this is the messiest wax that sticks to everything! You have to scrub to get the wax off your skin since it isn't water soluable and no wax remover for skin was included. I thought the wax would be worth is since I wouldn't have to use it that much and just deal with the mess. Well, it turns out that the wax sucks at removing hairs! (dont use on bikini area...so painful, wax would not come off and about 5 hairs were removed!) This wax only been breaks hairs off close to the skin instead of removing the root! I had stubble about a day later! I've tried this stuff over and over again with different lengths of hair, but still the same results.
I've actually had better results with Sally Hansen's cheap white chocolate wax (which is water soluable!) and the no heat wax strips! Save your money and buy a wax that actually removes the full hair.

on 5/31/2007 11:34:00 AM

I use this for my bikini and underarms. Its the only stuff that took off every single hair that I applied the wax too without any painful oopsies ( like when the wax doesnt come off and all you did was pull your skin). I havent used it for my legs yet because I use Nair's roll-on for that since its quicker and easier with the roll-on and washes off since its sugar wax. Id like to get the kind that I can warm up with the warmer so I dont have to keep going back to the mic after it gets to thick and gooey. When doing the bikini I dont like how when I get to the thicker-lower area, the end product from the strip of wax you apply doesnt come off and just gets stuck in the hairs in a little clump, probably becaues of the way I applied it or the hair is too long or theres too much of it. I dont know, but ill figure out what Im doing wrong with that. Maybe ill try the stripless kind, but I hope that doesnt make it worse. When that happens I take some vaseline and rub it around the whole area to get any of those stickies off. I wish sugar wax worked as good, then you good just wash it off=)

Top Rated Hair Removal