Gigi All Purpose Honee Microwave Formula Wax Kit

Filtered by age: 36-43
Gigi All Purpose Honee Microwave Formula Wax Kit

on 10/17/2011 1:29:00 PM

This review is just for the wax as I did not purchase the kit. I used this for the the hair under my arms which I deem to be a somewhat difficult spot to remove hair from. Before this, I had been using a non-warming sugaring wax call Alexandria if I can recall. I read the reviews on MUA before use. I took extra caution 1) not to over heat in microwave 2) not to drip sticky wax all over the place. I had amazing results. Removed all my hair with one application, minimal pain and with just a thin coating of wax. There was little sticky residue under my arms which was easily removed by the recommended baby oil and cotton ball. I do not recommend this for novice users as it's extremely sticky and will make a big mess if you do not know what you are doing. Other than that, very happy with the gigi line of wax and I am looking foward to smooth hairless skin :)

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

Great product easy to use, a little goes a long way. Coffee filters can be used to replace the strips;D)

on 11/17/2007 12:16:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Skip the kit, just get the microwaveable wax and strips and some craft sticks. The extra stuff in the kit is not worth having. Olive oil followed by dish soap gets the remaining wax off effortlessly.

I prefer my wax a bit on the warm side, but have also experienced some peeling skin if it gets too warm. However, this stuff gets every last hair and leaves nothing behind. I will never use pre-waxed strips again.

A nice trick -- put the jar cover back on the jar, then spread some olive oil inside the lid, on the threads. This will prevent the lid from becoming permanently fused to the jar.

on 1/10/2007 6:20:00 PM

Just tried this based on positive review here. What a disaster! The wax is very sticky, which might be good if it stuck to the hair and not everything else in sight. I believe that it got about 1/2 of the hair on my legs. The worst part was trying to get the residual off my legs and anywhere else that it got. Luckily I put paper down where I was waxing, but any drops that fell anywhere in the bathroom or on me just turned to goo. Also, the residual on my legs would not come off at all and just turned into a resin like material that is still there. I don't recommend this at all and I am going to try to return it to Sally tomorrow! For my money, I think a hard wax might work much better.

on 4/7/2006 4:52:00 PM

I have the GiGi All-Purpose Honee Microwave Formula Starter Kit. The kit includes the wax, spatulas (wide and narrow), muslin strips and 4 types of lotion (pre-wax, wax remover, hair inhibitor and concealer). Fantastic product - even on my first attempt, very easy to use at home and gives professional results. Some tips: follow the instruction given on the package, take two advils about 1 hour before, trim hair to about 1/2" or 1/4" length, apply only a light coating of wax (more is not better in this case) and use baby powder on skin (it helps the wax adhere to hair, not skin). Most importantly, pull the muslin against the direction of hair growth (i.e., parallel to skin / sideways, not perpendicular / upward). Stings a little, but nothing excruciating. I bought the kit for $16 - less than half what a salon bikini wax would cost, and no hassles of appointment, etc.