Gigi All Purpose Honee Microwave Formula Wax Kit

Filtered by age: 19-24
Gigi All Purpose Honee Microwave Formula Wax Kit

3.7

Oh my god the newer version of this stuff is awful. I can't say it doesn't work because it definitely removes the hair - if you are patient and have a lot of time.

THE MESS of this product completely voids out any good in the product at all. I spent an hour trying to get the wax off of my fingers, clothes, sink, EVERYTHING.... The wax remover that comes in the kit is garbage and is simply just grease that sits on your hands.

I had to use the CLEANER "goo gone" to get rid of this mess, after 25 min of scrubbing I finally am done with the mess to sit and write this review warning all you ladies about the mess of this product - so not worth it. I'd rather shave every day than use this again... Simply can't return it quick enough!

Tried to wax my face with this- terrible. Hurt unbelievably, which I wouldn't have minded so much except for the fact that at best it would take half the hairs off, but usually leave them all there. I bled quite a bit too. Also I just washed my face FIVE TIMES and used the wax remover lotion stuff, and I STILL have this crap on my face. Threw this POS out.

on 8/8/2009 7:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I just bought this today, after deciding I was going to do my own bikini wax [which was bold, considering Ive never even had a professional one]. Anyway, the price is great for what you get, I paid around sixteen dollars. All the items seperately would have been much more.
PROS: gets just about every hair [and mine is very thick] and was not nearly as painful as I thought it would be. However, I will say make sure your skin is held very taut or it hurts more.
CONS: the other bottles included in the kit I would probably never use, except the Wax Off - which was absolutely pointless, I ended up using baby oil. The biggest con is the removal, I am still sticky in 'that area.' I have to admit that being called 'honee' I thought it would be more like a sugar wax and easier to remove. Thank god Im staying home tonight - Do not use this right before you need to go out unless you are really great at waxing your own bikini line. All in all, I would repurchase, unless I could find something just as good but easier to wash off.

on 5/28/2009 11:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Wow... I think I only paid something like $20ish for this and it has already lasted about 5 waxes and is only half gone. What a great deal! Next time around I think I will only buy the wax, not the kit, although this was a great starter. You can substitute any of the other items much cheaper (popsicle sticks, muslin, baby oil, etc).

The most important thing to mention about this, in my mind, is that LEARNING CURVE is critical! The first time I waxed I decided that I had wasted my money, hated the product and almost gave up. The second time was much better and now I feel like a pro.

Some tips: **Heat the wax so that it is workable, but don't get it any hotter than you have to. If it's runny, it won't grab the hairs well. **Don't waste your money on those silly and expensive pre-cut cloth strips. pick up some cheap muslin at walmart or wherever and cut your own 2"x4" or so strips. Then you can use as many as you want and wax a small area at a time. It's much better that way. **Taking a hint from a previous reviewer, spray the inside of the lid with non-stick cooking spray to prevent it from glueing itself shut.

The only con I can think of is that if you get the wax on something non-skin ( accidentally dribbled some on the side of the tub where the was was sitting), it's hard to clean up. Overall, super product!

on 5/3/2009 7:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

DON'T LET THE SALON STEAL YOUR MONEY!! this whole kit cost me about 40 dollars. if you're out of wax you can go get another jar for 10 dollars. at the salon 40 dollars will only get you ONE bikini wax/brazillian. with this kit you will proabably get 4 bikini waxes several underarms(15 dollars) and legs!!! (25 dollars) thats ONLY if you are willing to put up with the dirty work and the mess LOL <3 which i am shoot.. if it saves me THAT much money i will do it myself.. i just have to get use to all the cleaning and the stickyness.

on 7/6/2008 6:39:00 PM

Okay...so I'm going to Florida in a week and decided I really wanted to be hair free.

I tried Nad's a few days ago, and I just couldn't deal with it. So after reading the reviews on Gigi products here, I went to Sally's and picked up this starter kit.

Because this was my first real attempt at waxing myself, it was a long process...however, not as painful as I had imagined. I managed to do my underarms and bikini line. I am so excited about my smooth underarms!!!! Before today, I was about to go to a spa/salon to get them done, but I'm glad I did it on my own. Very easy, and seriously...not as painful as people say. (I followed the advice of someone on here and took some tylenol before waxing).

Piece-o-cake! When this runs out, I'm going to get the bigger can of wax and the wax warmer. I don't think I'll ever go back to shaving!....I'm going to try my legs tomorrow!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

This is for the microwavable jar. Since my hair is more course, theres not alot of wax that works for me. But this one works great. I bought the jar, cloth strips, and some wood applicators. Its messy but you just have to learn how to do it. It didnt leave a single hair when i waxed! Just make sure you dont heat it up too much because if its too warm on the skin and you wax it, it may pull some skin off too! so be careful. I would only recommend this to people who know how to wax properly.

on 4/29/2007 1:38:00 PM

I bought the kit with the warmer, wax, lotions and waxing tools....what a waste! This wax is awful! It takes at least 15 minutes to fully heat up and melt in the warmer and is never hot going on. I used it successfully the first time by removing almost all the hairs on my legs (with some reapplications). I also had some reddness and irritation more than usual. I thought this stuff was great until I went to clean up; this is the messiest wax that sticks to everything! You have to scrub to get the wax off your skin since it isn't water soluable and no wax remover for skin was included. I thought the wax would be worth is since I wouldn't have to use it that much and just deal with the mess. Well, it turns out that the wax sucks at removing hairs! (dont use on bikini area...so painful, wax would not come off and about 5 hairs were removed!) This wax only been breaks hairs off close to the skin instead of removing the root! I had stubble about a day later! I've tried this stuff over and over again with different lengths of hair, but still the same results.
I've actually had better results with Sally Hansen's cheap white chocolate wax (which is water soluable!) and the no heat wax strips! Save your money and buy a wax that actually removes the full hair.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

gigi honey microwave wax is my HG wax. I bought the kit once but didnt *need* all the extra little samples that come with it so i now buy a jar of the wax, a package of the muslin strips, and the applicators. It is more cost efficient and lasts me for months. With one jar i can do both legs and my bikini line twice. It costs more than drugstore brands, but you get what you pay for. the drugstore brands i've tried suck. and just think how much cheaper it is than getting it professionally done. P.S. with waxing- practice makes perfect

UPDATE: I splurged and got the Gigi wax warmer and the Gigi honey wax in the metal container and it is sooooo worth it. But if you don't wax very often, this microwave formula works great.

on 6/8/2006 1:45:00 PM

I am so happy I discovered this product, and I never would have tried it without these reviews. With a coupon this kit was only $13, which is a steal compared to getting it done professionally. I somehow talked my boyfriend into helping me out, since I've tried waxing myself in the past with pathetic results. I did both lower legs, my bikini line, eyebrows, and some light fuzz on my stomach. Even the bikini line wasn't too bad, and everything compared to that was just like ripping off a bandaid. To ease the pain I took a strong painkiller, followed by some wine beforehand, which I'd strongly recommend. I'm going to go back to Sally's and buy full size versions of everything in the kit.