MAD minerals - in Light Golden

4.8

Price: $

Price: $

on 2/26/2011 3:15:00 PM

I love this mineral foundation. I have a few jars of BE that my sister gave me a few years ago. I have yet to use a whole jar because it just is not that great on me. I don't like the shimmer to it, and the medium is actually too dark unless I get some sun, which I try to avoid as much as possible. I was going to try the new matte formula for BE but I gave the Mad minerals a try instead. I bought a sample jar, which lasted me a month at that time. I have waited and fiddled about, but I finally just ordered a full jar and some samples of a few other colors for concealing. I love this matte finish, and it never irritates or breaks me out. I can wear a little of my liquid concealer and the Mad mineral to cover my slight melasma and I look like I have naturally even skin. The light golden is a perfect shade for me, too. I have tried Larenim mineral foundation and a few DS brands besides BE, and I think the Mad minerals is definitely my favorite. It is also very affordable. I would recommend purchasing any of the mineral powders as well as their gel eyeliner.

on 6/16/2010 12:08:00 PM

I think this is my new HG summer foundation. At first had this up for swap because I thought it too chalky but if you put a light moisturizer or sunscreen under it will hold. Light Golden is perfect for my NC20 Light-Med skin. Perfect color match and now that it is summer works wonderful on oily acne prone skin. Packaging isnt much but who cares at these prices? I also love the fact that Mad gives you more options on what size jar you can order and the prices are the most reasonable I have ever seen. I have been a mineral makeup user for nearly 5 years.
I used to be a faithful EM user but they changed their formula and tried to cover it up --hate their new website as well. Mad is easier to order from. Less BS.

This product offers really good coverage but I have oily skin and a half hour after I apply it, it transfers onto everything my face touches. I kiss my fiance and he ends up with more on his nose than I have on mine. The product is really great as far as color and coverage go but due to my oily skin I wont be purchasing this product again. Those of you who dont have oily skin..I say get it!

on 5/27/2009 3:41:00 PM

I decided to try Mad Minerals in Light Golden after reading the other two reviews. These reviews were dead on! The coverage is fantastic but doesn't look cakey. My pores were minimized, my oilness gone, and it matched my skintone (fair with yellow and olive undertones) perfectly. I even used it after I got a photofacial that causes redness and temporarily darkens of all the sun damage and Mad Minerals covered it all! Plus it didn't burn or sting. I have used a number of other mineral makeups - and this one is by far my favorite - and it's less expensive then any of the other brands I've used - only $15.50 for 30g or you can get smaller amounts for even less. They also shipped fast. I also like that it seems to be a smaller, less commercial company. I highly recommend this product!

on 8/2/2006 5:31:00 AM

I must admit that the main reason why i gave this product a shot was because of the one review by ali, she seems to like it enough and compared it to JI - we had the same kind of problems. I was faithful to JI's pressed based until I finally gave up on finding my shade and the oiliness even with the primer underneath. I thk it drives my point further in this review to disclose that i also ordered the EM free kit, their yellowest shade 'light' was still pink on me and though semi-matte and matte looks great but my happiness was always short lived - by noon, they do fade starting with the oilier parts. Now, back to the actual review. MM has the most yellow mineral foundational shades i have ever encountered. Most times i find it best when i can find a shade to match my neck, and by mixing 3 parts Olive Light with 1 part Olive Medium - a perfect match and it doenst fade by midday and i dont look greasy or appear to have huge pores. I m quite pleased with my find at around $8 for a medium sized refill baggy (i got it at 20% off)it can easily last more than 3 months and they ship worldwide with reasonable shipping fees. I will most probably repurchase, my bsb minerals are on the way and if their's turn out better than MAD's I doubt, I'll let you know. I almost forget, I apply using a latex sponge i get better control that way compared to a brush. The consistency of MAD is slightly lighter, more like a loose powder compared the EM or JI. HTH!

on 9/25/2005 10:35:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I discovered this E-tail mineral line after a generous swapper included a full size foundation in a swap.While the color I received wasn't the one I needed,I bought a full size in my correct shade..I've been a mineral makeup user for over 5yrs now..Initially trying many other brands before settling with Jane Iredale.Over the years, I assume due to getting older,hormone changes etc..,Jane Iredale started getting alittle to shiney for me(which is what turned off of BE along with making my pores look huge& the annoying itch,not JI but BE:) MAD(Mineral Addicted Divas is what it stands for) minerals is made to order..Comes in a 10gram sifter topped jar(jammed full)and is only $12.50(but the owner Barbi is always having sales)I use the Light Golden(winter now that I'm getting more pale) Medium Golden (for months I've been getting sun) the Light Golden is a dead on match to my bare face, untanned skin..Even better the finish is semi matte(meaning perfect balance of matte& dewy) And it's Bismuth oxychloride free which is the offending ingredient that makes alot of people itch when they try other minerals like Bare Esscentuals and Jane Iredale...This IS my new Holy Grail foundation..You can find this line @ http://www.madminerals.org