Darphin Intral Redness Relief Recovery Cream

3.4

on 11/21/2016 11:07:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I have been using this cream in conjunction with the serum for around 10 months and can honestly say - there's nothing special about it. It seems formulated to me for fair, youthful combo/oily skin that may have a problem slight irritation. (So, not me.) I think the serum is the most impressive part of the Intral line for redness (separate review for that).

It's a lightweight lotion that is tinged green with reflective specks (similar to Clinique Turnaround daytime lotions) and has an astringent almost cucumber-ish smell. I found it wasn't hydrating enough for me and had to supplement it with another moisturizer. I have rosacea and the green tinge was not noticeable enough on my NC42 complexion to make a difference. It was not irritating to my sensitive skin but the smell bugged me a bit. Definitely not a keeper for me but I got it as part of an intral "set". I will not repurchase and I really don't recommend at all if you have dry skin.

on 5/31/2016 12:42:00 AM

The cream from this line is not bad however it's not nearly as good as the balm.
The smell it not strong and it does help sooth the skin.
When I use this combine with the Intral serum my skin still looks a bit reddish unlike the balm and serum combination that does so much for my rosacea.
Not highly recommended but in case you can't find the balm this is good too.

on 10/12/2012 8:38:00 PM

i am surprised how well this worked on me. it totally took care of any redness i had in my skin, especially due to acne scars. it made my skin quite soft and smooth. it made enough of an impact that i plan to repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have sensitive, dry and rednress prone skin, suffered from eczema on the cheeks (healed luckily by dermalogica). but i dont want to keep putting on dermalogica's silicon on my face so always on the lookout for a nicer option.

My skin concern is: (on the cheeks):redness prone, dehydrated and dry-ish. This did not do anything extraordinary for my cheeks. I am using it for day time, and i have to say im not getting enough moisture. sinks in right away, but then i feel like putting on some more immediately.. its not moisturizing enough.,,for night time i use avene intolerant cream and the nuxe oil...

it also smells of rose.. if you are concerned. also no SPF

overall i think it doesnt deserve the price tag. i could have bought something that will work just as this one did, for much cheaper.

i guess if u have the money to spare, and just normal skin which needs a bit moisturization this will do. i will move on to nuxe's creme fraiche myself..

on 1/24/2012 8:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I received a sample of this and used it for a week. I do love the Intral line, and find it just calms my sensitve and easily irritated skin. However, this cream didn't moisturize enough for me, so I'm going to try the balm instead. I love the smell and the consitency was lovely. It went on smoothly and soaked right in. I didn't feel the tint did anything though. Overall a good product especially if the balm is too rich for your skin.

I am a huge fan of this product. I love all the products of Darphin, but this is my all time favorite. I use it after the intral cleaning and intral serum. It nourishes my skin, makes it feel really soft and it gives a beautiful glow. And because the cream is a little bit green, my skin lookes less red. If my skin is very dry I switch to the intral balm or I combine it in the morning with one of the essential oils.

on 6/29/2010 5:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I just bought this product today, but it isnt the first time ive tried it. A lady in the mall gave me a sample of this and the serum once, and i liked it but never really looked more at it. Today, the lady at the skincare-shop recommended this to me, and i thought i'd give it a try. I must say, it really calmed down my highly sensitive and red cheeks, and it feels nice and soft on my skin. I looove the smell! I will probably write an update when i have used this product some more. I hope it becomes my HG moisturizer, couse i really need to find one that works for me.

on 9/18/2009 4:41:00 PM

I absolutely loved the original Intral Cream formula which was discontinued over a year ago! (-soon after Darphin was taken over by Estee Lauder) The original cream was wonderful for reducing redness and fine broken veins on my cheeks, and I found myself going out without having dabbed any concealer on, which was great. My skin looked so healthy with it. This new formula makes the veins much more obvious, isn't as moisturising and doesn't give that healthy dewy glow. Luckily I was able to stock-pile ten jars of the discontinued cream, and hope that by the time I've used them all up, that there will be something new on the market that will be just as good for my sensitive skin. (Luckily I can use up the tube of new formula Intral on my forehead, so it's not a complete waste)
If anyone from Darphin or Estee Lauder management reads this - Please bring the original Intral Cream back!

on 3/29/2008 4:03:00 PM

gorgeous product, wonderfully soothing for sensitive skin and a great treatment cream at night. however, there is no way I would pay full price for this cream. I managed to get 4 jars of this for 20euro each in tk maxx. It was money well spent but I would find it hard to justify spending over 40 euro on any moisturiser.

on 2/25/2008 9:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I really like this - my favourite moisturiser at the moment. I hate that it's so expensive, but it feels so nice on my skin. It moisturises very well. My very sensitive skin like how it feels, and I feel like my redness looks more manageable.