Jean Paul Gaultier Classique EDT

Filtered by eye Color : Green
Jean Paul Gaultier Classique EDT

4.2

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

One of my favourites I had my eye on for ages before I purchased! It's a true 'classique' perfume, would suit all ages and has such a unique bottle. It's a must!

on 7/13/2011 12:37:00 AM

I have worn JPG Classique EDT on and off for years. My other signature scent is Chanel Allure. Lately, I have been searching for a new scent to replace it - but nothing really comes close. I always come back to it. It's soft but it lasts on your skin, it's sexy but not too 'in your face'. I get compliments from men and more often women when I wear it. Gotta say - it is my number 1 choice when it comes to perfume. Note - the EDP smells way different and I don't like it... gives me a headache and smells a bit off... stick with the EDT!

on 5/4/2011 8:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This little beauty has bumped out ysl's cinema to be my new favorite vanilla. It softens sooner to just a gentle gourmand vanilla on my skin after the initial blast of notes. Love it.

on 4/23/2011 11:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I do love the Classique EDT! Interestingly, the EDP is too much on my skin- I can't stand it. However, the EDT is one of my favorite perfumes and it smells wonderful. It has a warm combination of vanilla, amber and rose, and I disagree strongly that it has a "brash" or "old lady" smell. The trail is great too: distinct but not cloying.

Luckily I just got a new bottle in a swap, so I will be happily spraying once more. Most of Gautier's scents seem to click with my chemistry, but in a more gourmand way than anything else. That's not to say they're too sweet, because they're not in my opinion, but they all tend to have a rice pudding drydown. (Not a criticism... I like that!)

on 3/19/2011 12:05:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Okay....well I happen to like this on me. I find it to be a very, sexy and heedy scent. Other women like this on me as well because everytime I wear it they ask what I am wearing and tell me they love it. On the other hand....my fiance can't STAND this on me. Everytime I spray this he will say to me shortly after (not knowing this is what I have on), "What is up with you? You smell like a old lady!" Well, needless to say that kinda takes my love for this scent down quite a bit. I have a whole bottle almost still and I DO like it so I think I will wear this to work and surely will NOT wear this around him! Really sad because I was hoping he would find this as lovely as I do but he doesn't....

What is this stuff? It smells absolutely horrible and is headache inducing. I've never smelled anything like it. Like a stale lemon verbena weakened with toilet water. It also made me sneeze like crazy, which is strange as I never have bad reactions to perfume except to crinkle my nose in disgust and turn away violently.

I got a sample of this from Sephora and I find this to be a very warm amber, vanilla and maybe ginger scent?! It starts out a little strong but settles into a nice average warm with a hint of spice fragrance that I think would be best worn during the fall/winter. Almost has that root beer thing happening (which I like). The bottle is adorable! It is a nice perfume, but I do not think I love it enough to purchase. I should also mention that this has great staying power!

on 8/7/2010 7:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

When this perfume first came out in 1993, I was a poor art school student in love with JPG's work. I remember going to Sak's the give it a sniff, only to be told that "they were out of samples". Determined to get my hands on this, my friend and I went back when a different sales girl was working. I went up to the counter with a fake British accent, going on and on about how fantastic this fragrance was. My friend went along with it, and what do you know, I got a sample. Oh, come on. We have all been a sample troll at some point. ;)

I now of course have my own bottle, and I still love it. It reminds me of a 1950's vanity table, topped with powders and potions and a lovely vase of flowers. Timeless.

on 4/28/2010 5:06:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

This is stunning! If I had to sum it up I would say sexy and chic. This is my second favourite perfume of all time after Angel by Thierry Mugler. I recognise this anywhere, even if I don't know it's JPG straight away I always notice the smell and wonder what it is, because it can smell slightly different on different people. I smelt this on someone in a club recently which is what made me fall in love with it all over again - I kept trying to find the smell and who it was coming from. On 2 other separate occasions I also asked 2 women what they were wearing and it was this. It smells like a sexy, gourmand scent. It's definitely well suited for a sexy date or an evening occasion. The lasting power is also very good, I've never had the EDP (the one with the pink tin) but I've tried it and prefer the EDT, which I've owned 3 times in total, and it really lasts a long time so I can't imagine wanting anything even longer-lasting! When I first spray it it's quite strong and I think it smells a bit sherbert-y, but then it settles into a lovely ambery, vanilla scent. The top notes are listed as anise, orange blossom and tangerine; middle notes are ginger, orchid and ylang-ylang and the base is vanilla, musk and amber. The vanilla and amber come through the most for me but the orange blossom and ginger are apparent on the first spray. Personally I think this is chicer than your typical 'sexy', evening scent. To me it smells very Parisian. There's just something about it that smells so gorgeous and unforgettable. It also smells extremely comforting to me, like being enveloped in a hug by someone you really love. I will buy this forever.

on 1/17/2010 11:41:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

My HG parfume which I have been wearing for like 10 years! The bottle is soooo beautiful and I often love the limited edition scents of this perfume as well.. This is just LOVE, pure love <3

Popular Fragrances