Jean Paul Gaultier Classique EDT

Jean Paul Gaultier Classique EDT

4.3

on 2/5/2016 11:08:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Deep Dark, Not Sure

This product has changed my life. Before using this I didn't have any friends but as soon as I put on 1 spray of it, boys could not stay away from me and girls wanted to be me. This product's elegant smell takes me away to another day when there was no wars only peace and North Korea was open. I was once a small town girl but this just because of the smell made me famous. I'm bigger than Selena Gomez. People pay to smell me. I can't get enough of this product. I put it in every piece of clothing I wear. I am so proud of this product. How can it be better. I will buy it forever. I will keep buying it. I AM ME. THIS PRODUCT IS ME. I LOVE IT.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

First thing that caught my eye was the packaging, it was absolutely gorgeous in the mannequin shaped bottle. The scent is quite strong, I had only sprayed it once on and wrist and it pretty much last the entire day.

Like perfumes, it is quite strong in the beginning but after awhile when it has died down a little, it is a rather floral smell, almost smelling like dried flowers. Very refreshing and a lovely smell but not something so strong that would give you headaches! It is not overpowering and contrary to what has been said, I think it would work just as well for day as for night although I would not overuse it too much.

on 3/19/2012 11:45:00 PM

I have to say... In MY OPINION..

I HATE THIS FRAGRANCE! When I was little, mother had one of these & constantly sprayed it & sprayed it! It was awful! It stuffed my nose with such a nasty smell. Blek! I'm sorry ladies, if this is one of YOUR fav.'s I just wanna put it out there, this thing is horrible!!

I dislike the smell when I first sprayed it - it smells like soap. However, I EXTREMELY love the dry down. It really smells good. I would repurchase it just because I love the smell after a couple of hours. Even though it smells like soap initially, it doesn't have that old lady smell (such as Chanel no 5).

on 12/31/2010 8:01:00 PM

Love love love this perfume! like the EDT better than the EDP too. It is the type of scent where people walk past you and know instantly what you are wearing. It is also a man magnet - trust me ladies ;-).

Very nice, just don't over-spray it or you'll get a headache. 2 sprays last you a good 3-4 hours. Happy shopping!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Went shopping today, on the lookout for some Boxing Day bargains. This is one of my close friend's favourite perfumes, so when I saw it on sale I just had to sample it out of curiousity. Sprayed it on my wrist...and couldn't smell anything other than the cream I was wearing. I quickly realised this perfume smells exactly like Boots Sanctuary Mela Rose and Pistachio body butter, which I had slathered all over just before going out. They're both average scents, and a bit on the foody/sweet side, which I generally stay away from. I don't plan on buying the body butter again, and I certainly won't be purchasing a perfume that smells exactly like it.

on 4/27/2010 10:07:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Oh my, how I love this. I tend to get bored with perfumes quickly, but there's something about this one that makes me happy and want to wear it all the time. I think it's because there's so much to it: rose/amber/spice/vanilla/musky/powdery/floral/gourmand-y goodness with just a touch of nail polish and baby wipes to keep the fragrance surprising and not overly sweet. I love it from the effervescent opening to the powdery vanilla-mingled-with-skin drydown. Classique truly does last all day, and if I spritz it on my neck, I still catch occasional wafts of it many hours later.

I was originally expecting to like the EDP more, but it barely showed up on me, as do many soft fragrances, unfortunately. So if you have the same issue, try the EDT. The powdery quality of Classique isn't for everyone, but it makes me happy. :)

The lotion smells closer to the EDP, but it still pairs nicely with the EDT.

Although the bottle is aesthetically pleasing, it's true that the cap /pump can get stuck, so I hope it doesn't break with time. :( Also, your fingerprints show up on the etched part of the bottle, so try to avoid touching it.

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

people are right to call this a must-have.
this is one of my favourite perfumes! it is also a perfect example of how spicy CAN be completely sweet.
this perfume is not a love/hate type of scent, as it is so pleasant, sweet and gorgeous that you can't go wrong with it. i have gotten many compliments with this with words such as 'sweet' and 'hypnotic'.
this is not a zingy or fresh scent, it is warm, spicy and very sweet.
i thoroughly recommend!

on 9/1/2009 2:14:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is amazing! It's a must have perfume! It's just to chic.

on 5/6/2009 2:47:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

i absolutely adore this seductive scent.
it's one of my core fragrances
i always get compliments when i wear it
fresh and enchanting
still smells great at the end of the day which makes it a total winner in my eyes!!
and its not totally overpriced
love it!!!!