Jean Paul Gaultier Classique EDT

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium age: 19-24
Jean Paul Gaultier Classique EDT

on 3/19/2012 11:45:00 PM

I have to say... In MY OPINION..

I HATE THIS FRAGRANCE! When I was little, mother had one of these & constantly sprayed it & sprayed it! It was awful! It stuffed my nose with such a nasty smell. Blek! I'm sorry ladies, if this is one of YOUR fav.'s I just wanna put it out there, this thing is horrible!!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Went shopping today, on the lookout for some Boxing Day bargains. This is one of my close friend's favourite perfumes, so when I saw it on sale I just had to sample it out of curiousity. Sprayed it on my wrist...and couldn't smell anything other than the cream I was wearing. I quickly realised this perfume smells exactly like Boots Sanctuary Mela Rose and Pistachio body butter, which I had slathered all over just before going out. They're both average scents, and a bit on the foody/sweet side, which I generally stay away from. I don't plan on buying the body butter again, and I certainly won't be purchasing a perfume that smells exactly like it.

on 4/28/2010 5:06:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

This is stunning! If I had to sum it up I would say sexy and chic. This is my second favourite perfume of all time after Angel by Thierry Mugler. I recognise this anywhere, even if I don't know it's JPG straight away I always notice the smell and wonder what it is, because it can smell slightly different on different people. I smelt this on someone in a club recently which is what made me fall in love with it all over again - I kept trying to find the smell and who it was coming from. On 2 other separate occasions I also asked 2 women what they were wearing and it was this. It smells like a sexy, gourmand scent. It's definitely well suited for a sexy date or an evening occasion. The lasting power is also very good, I've never had the EDP (the one with the pink tin) but I've tried it and prefer the EDT, which I've owned 3 times in total, and it really lasts a long time so I can't imagine wanting anything even longer-lasting! When I first spray it it's quite strong and I think it smells a bit sherbert-y, but then it settles into a lovely ambery, vanilla scent. The top notes are listed as anise, orange blossom and tangerine; middle notes are ginger, orchid and ylang-ylang and the base is vanilla, musk and amber. The vanilla and amber come through the most for me but the orange blossom and ginger are apparent on the first spray. Personally I think this is chicer than your typical 'sexy', evening scent. To me it smells very Parisian. There's just something about it that smells so gorgeous and unforgettable. It also smells extremely comforting to me, like being enveloped in a hug by someone you really love. I will buy this forever.

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

people are right to call this a must-have.
this is one of my favourite perfumes! it is also a perfect example of how spicy CAN be completely sweet.
this perfume is not a love/hate type of scent, as it is so pleasant, sweet and gorgeous that you can't go wrong with it. i have gotten many compliments with this with words such as 'sweet' and 'hypnotic'.
this is not a zingy or fresh scent, it is warm, spicy and very sweet.
i thoroughly recommend!

on 9/1/2009 2:14:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is amazing! It's a must have perfume! It's just to chic.

on 3/6/2009 10:27:00 PM

I have been wearing this perfume for years. Everytime I wear it I feel sexy!

on 12/20/2002 5:17:00 AM

Classique is unusually strong and spicy for a woman's fragrance. But it's unique, assertive, and passionate (at least that's what I think it smells like). Its bottom note is divine, plus very long lasting. A friend bought this for me shortly after it was released, and it's been a staple ever since.

Popular Fragrances