Jean Paul Gaultier Classique EDT

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
Jean Paul Gaultier Classique EDT

on 6/28/2016 12:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Old Hollywood Glamour - I wanted to try this because Im a vintage enthusiast of all things. I was reading an article with Dita Von Teese and she mentioned JPG Classique and that is smelled like MAKEUP. I was SO excited to try this and it does smell like old rouge or powder. It may sound weird but you are instantly reminded of that scent from your Grandmothers cosmetics – in a good way. On me - this is powdery, creamy spicy vanilla fragrance. I dont get any fruitiness or the oranges. Its definitely not for those ladies who prefer light fruity scents and this is best suited for cooler evening weather. I LOVE it but it is a vintage type of smell.

on 5/20/2012 4:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Disliked everything about it, cloying, cheap smelling for the price. Had a sample, would not buy a full sized. Dislike the headless horseman bottle too.

on 5/20/2012 4:04:00 PM

I simply LOVE this fragrance. It's strong, vibrant, and very sexy. It's so powdery and so sweet. I think it's very over the top in every way and that's exactly what I love about it. It makes me think of very luxurious things. But old luxury, if that makes sense. Not a brand new sportscar, but an oldtimer. Not a villa in Hollywood, but a mansion on the English countryside.
It actually reminds me of very old, very good whiskey. It has that same boozy velvety texture.
To me it smells like make-up, whiskey, vanilla, and a lot of spicy florals. I absolutely love the ginger and the anise (I'm a HUGE fan of anise notes) blending beautifully with the ylang ylang and the orange blossom. My friend said it reminded her of old fashioned sweets, and I totally get that.

Though I really love this fragrance, I can not wear it every day (well, it wasn't made to be worn all day either). It's just too much over the top. I can only wear it when I'm dressed up for a chique occasion. When everything else is perfect, Classique is the icing on the cake.

I must say I prefer this to the EDP. The EDP is softer, gentler, more mature. Like the more grown up sister of the sparkly EDT. There character is in essence alike, but they are very different.

I do not really get the fuss around the bottle. I quite like it. It's a mannequin, that's all. It adds to the luxurious feel of this fragrance. And the corset is very... I would not say funny, but I can not really find another word to describe it in English. The corset makes me smile. In a good way.

on 7/21/2011 9:36:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I want to love this, I get many compliments and on the right person it is a very sexy scent but on me there is a metallic chemical note which just annoys me and gives me a headache, others compliment me on it but I personally dont like it on me. Faraway from avon has similar orange flower and vanillic notes without the chemical smell.

on 4/23/2011 11:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I do love the Classique EDT! Interestingly, the EDP is too much on my skin- I can't stand it. However, the EDT is one of my favorite perfumes and it smells wonderful. It has a warm combination of vanilla, amber and rose, and I disagree strongly that it has a "brash" or "old lady" smell. The trail is great too: distinct but not cloying.

Luckily I just got a new bottle in a swap, so I will be happily spraying once more. Most of Gautier's scents seem to click with my chemistry, but in a more gourmand way than anything else. That's not to say they're too sweet, because they're not in my opinion, but they all tend to have a rice pudding drydown. (Not a criticism... I like that!)

on 4/2/2011 3:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I don't see what the fuse is about over this perfume. It smelled like bug-spray to me, very expensive bug spray.

on 9/18/2010 9:37:00 PM

My all time favorite scent. Wen I was a little girly best friend's glamorous mother had a bottle of this on her vanity, and I've loved it since.

I started wearing this when I was 18 and it has served me well for several years. I like the scent immediately, but it comes into it's own when it has had time to blend with the skin. It then turns sweeter on me, while still not being a little girl perfume. My friends and I call the EDT "woman perfume" because of how it makes us feel!

on 8/7/2010 7:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

When this perfume first came out in 1993, I was a poor art school student in love with JPG's work. I remember going to Sak's the give it a sniff, only to be told that "they were out of samples". Determined to get my hands on this, my friend and I went back when a different sales girl was working. I went up to the counter with a fake British accent, going on and on about how fantastic this fragrance was. My friend went along with it, and what do you know, I got a sample. Oh, come on. We have all been a sample troll at some point. ;)

I now of course have my own bottle, and I still love it. It reminds me of a 1950's vanity table, topped with powders and potions and a lovely vase of flowers. Timeless.

on 9/1/2009 2:14:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is amazing! It's a must have perfume! It's just to chic.

on 5/6/2009 2:47:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

i absolutely adore this seductive scent.
it's one of my core fragrances
i always get compliments when i wear it
fresh and enchanting
still smells great at the end of the day which makes it a total winner in my eyes!!
and its not totally overpriced
love it!!!!