Jean Paul Gaultier Classique EDT

Filtered by skin type : Oily
Jean Paul Gaultier Classique EDT

4.1

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

One of my favourites I had my eye on for ages before I purchased! It's a true 'classique' perfume, would suit all ages and has such a unique bottle. It's a must!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I have been waiting to get this for months, and now i finally have it. Not only does it smell amazing, vintage, but very classy and sexy all at once, (like it says up top, an aphrodisiac like scent to it!) but i was scared to buy this, i tried the edt in the store not realising it was in fact the edt and it lasted a long time on me! (i normally only buy edps because my skin has terrible lasting power.) Now, bringing it home, it is even stronger than a lot of edps i have tried on each hand today to test its sillage and lasting length. Seeing as the reviews for the edp claim it smells extremely different and lots of people who like this don't like the other and vice versa - I'm extremely glad i got the edt because this scent couldn't be better, stronger than a lot of edp's, yet not too strong, smells beautiful, perfect lasting power and sillage. I don't like it when they mix up perfect edt's and then sell them making you think they're the same and bamb! Completely different fragrance!? Long live this classique Jean Paul Gaultier edt exactly as it is right now i say!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Went shopping today, on the lookout for some Boxing Day bargains. This is one of my close friend's favourite perfumes, so when I saw it on sale I just had to sample it out of curiousity. Sprayed it on my wrist...and couldn't smell anything other than the cream I was wearing. I quickly realised this perfume smells exactly like Boots Sanctuary Mela Rose and Pistachio body butter, which I had slathered all over just before going out. They're both average scents, and a bit on the foody/sweet side, which I generally stay away from. I don't plan on buying the body butter again, and I certainly won't be purchasing a perfume that smells exactly like it.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is a beautiful scent which I was first introduced to by a friend from school - she had worn this from a very young age - 13 give or take - too young for such a sophisticated perfume in my opinion. When I was about 18 or so I decided to purchase my first bottle of this and was surprised at how different it smelled on me. This perfume starts as a very heavy scent with quite an "alcohol-y" note to it, however the "wind-down" of this perfume is when you truly get the benefit of it. It warms up on your skin and leaves a warm and spicy vanilla scent on your skin. In fact i have found my favourite "stages" of this this perfume to be the next day or after a shower. In doing this it leaves a much lighter and subtler form of this perfume. Overall this is a perfume i will purchase time and time again.

on 2/13/2010 1:19:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

This is one of my favorite scents! I always come back to Jean paul gaultier classique.
When i apply it i initially get the smell of ginger (which is surprisingly nice) then it dies down into a warm spicy vanilla and i'm a sucker for vanilla! I get a lot of comments when wearing this -definitely a fave :)

on 6/29/2008 10:17:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

To me this is the ultimate old woman smell. Like a woman who's ready for the nursing home. Reminds me of cheap soap that's used to camouflage the smell of sweat and used diapers. The bottle looks really tacky and dated as well.

on 5/23/2008 4:01:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Got this for my birthday from a friend. AMAZING! Have to admit that this goes on pretty heavy, but after a while the scent is strong, yet feminine and vanillaish. Perfect for a girl like myself :) Love the bottle too! Makes me want to have that bod :P

I would recommend wearing this during the wintertime, since it is a 'warmer' fragrance. I prefer my summer scents to be more flowery and citrusy, and this is not that. Still, great perfume.

Oh, and the boy loves it. :)

on 10/16/2006 8:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is one of my all-time faves. I wear it all the time. It's such a gorgeous scent!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I wore this when it first came out years ago and now I am on the hunt to buy some again off ebay. I think this is perfect for the fall/winter. I call it the "biker babe" perfume. It's a light oriental floral mixed with a leather and tobacco smell. The bottle is very feminine (woman's hourglass) and great for collectors.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

A former boyfriend used to love this scent and bought it for me often. I decided to go back and try this scent again. wow, it is now so headache inducing I cannot bear to wear it. i must have really loved him to have worn it faithfully a few years ago! I now just find it too strong and not feminine at all. Perhaps my body chemistry has changed. I have smelled it on others and although a bit overpowering it can be sexy on others.

Popular Fragrances