Jean Paul Gaultier Classique EDT

Filtered by skin type : Combination age: 19-24
Jean Paul Gaultier Classique EDT

4.3

on 9/6/2013 12:04:00 PM

I smelled this fragrance once and i just loved it.
I used to think this fragrance is something for women older than me, but now it is my favourite one. It's a fragrance that just stays on all day and makes you feel cozy and comfortable. It becomes a part of you.

on 3/30/2012 7:13:00 PM

This a heavier fragrances than I'm used to, but it's not overpowering or too "mature." It's a nice, nighttime scent, and I like the cute little bottle it comes in. The scent is powdery with a light floral musk (I scent rose), slight vanilla, spicy, warm and sweet. It lasts quite awhile without being obnoxious.

on 3/19/2012 11:45:00 PM

I have to say... In MY OPINION..

I HATE THIS FRAGRANCE! When I was little, mother had one of these & constantly sprayed it & sprayed it! It was awful! It stuffed my nose with such a nasty smell. Blek! I'm sorry ladies, if this is one of YOUR fav.'s I just wanna put it out there, this thing is horrible!!

I originally just bought a small bottle of this on ebay because I wanted to see what all the fuss was about (okay, and because I love the bottle). I wasn't really expecting to like it, since the reviews made it sound too brash for me. And yet, I've absolutely fallen in love!

To me, this perfume is femininity without the woman. It is an enhancement of a strong, graceful, and beautiful woman's scent. Since I have barely any sense of smell (perfumes are one of the few things I can smell at all), few perfumes actually stir up memories for me. Classique is exceptional in that regard.

Classique reminds me of a dressing room during a performance. This might sound like a criticism, but as a dancer I mean this in the best way possible. As you walk into the room, the smell of aerosol hairspray hits you and mingles with the light scent of stage makeup. Then you smell the powdery resin from the ballerina's shoes and even the sweet, warm 'glow' of dancers warming up. And later, as the show ends and the dancers go home, the smell of the old hardwood floors remains.

Needless to say, I will need to buy a larger bottle of this soon.

on 12/31/2010 8:01:00 PM

Love love love this perfume! like the EDT better than the EDP too. It is the type of scent where people walk past you and know instantly what you are wearing. It is also a man magnet - trust me ladies ;-).

Very nice, just don't over-spray it or you'll get a headache. 2 sprays last you a good 3-4 hours. Happy shopping!

on 4/28/2010 5:06:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

This is stunning! If I had to sum it up I would say sexy and chic. This is my second favourite perfume of all time after Angel by Thierry Mugler. I recognise this anywhere, even if I don't know it's JPG straight away I always notice the smell and wonder what it is, because it can smell slightly different on different people. I smelt this on someone in a club recently which is what made me fall in love with it all over again - I kept trying to find the smell and who it was coming from. On 2 other separate occasions I also asked 2 women what they were wearing and it was this. It smells like a sexy, gourmand scent. It's definitely well suited for a sexy date or an evening occasion. The lasting power is also very good, I've never had the EDP (the one with the pink tin) but I've tried it and prefer the EDT, which I've owned 3 times in total, and it really lasts a long time so I can't imagine wanting anything even longer-lasting! When I first spray it it's quite strong and I think it smells a bit sherbert-y, but then it settles into a lovely ambery, vanilla scent. The top notes are listed as anise, orange blossom and tangerine; middle notes are ginger, orchid and ylang-ylang and the base is vanilla, musk and amber. The vanilla and amber come through the most for me but the orange blossom and ginger are apparent on the first spray. Personally I think this is chicer than your typical 'sexy', evening scent. To me it smells very Parisian. There's just something about it that smells so gorgeous and unforgettable. It also smells extremely comforting to me, like being enveloped in a hug by someone you really love. I will buy this forever.

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

people are right to call this a must-have.
this is one of my favourite perfumes! it is also a perfect example of how spicy CAN be completely sweet.
this perfume is not a love/hate type of scent, as it is so pleasant, sweet and gorgeous that you can't go wrong with it. i have gotten many compliments with this with words such as 'sweet' and 'hypnotic'.
this is not a zingy or fresh scent, it is warm, spicy and very sweet.
i thoroughly recommend!

on 3/13/2009 1:22:00 PM

i loooooooooove this!it smells so good..it stays in you for several hours and you don;t have to put on you tones..the bad thing is that it's all little bit ''heavy'' so i don't use it in the summer..

Proof that sex sells! Ha, this bottle is amazing!

Oddly enough, I was on a family trip to Barbados and while at the duty free my father passed me the bottle and said it smelt good. He was right I loved it, instantly! I used it so much that it would be on me while putting on make up so my brushes even smelt like Classique.

I've been wearing it since I was 16. I've slowed down lately on wearing it however because it is stronger and everyone knows me by this scent. To prove my point an ex boyfriend walked by a room that I normally wouldnt be in and went to the doorway & asked if i was there because he could smell me! Ha!

I love to wear this when I go out to clubs, it makes me feel like a sex bomb. I imagine that this would be something Sophia Loren would wear. I just love how seductive the scent is and how it doesnt fade at all.

I will always have a bottle on my shelf. Sadly this September I picked up the EDP version and found out that it was different scent.

Hopefully I can pawn it off to a little cousin and then go grab another bottle of the original.

on 6/23/2008 1:10:00 PM

this is my 1st perfume given by my mum. it is also 1 of the most-valued one by it. my mum got good taste!

this perfume is really special, it got a distintive smell, in a good way. very nice and quite unforgettable!