Jean Paul Gaultier Classique EDT

Filtered by skin type : Other
Jean Paul Gaultier Classique EDT

4.2

Sultry and intriguing. Smells like a night out on the town.

I hate this fragrance, since I first smelled it - so many years ago. I know guys, my opinion is not very important, but I have to write this review now and today, because I sprayed a little of this stuff on my hand while I was shopping - and I have to tell you: I can't stand it. Did I tell you already, that I can't stand it?
It smells cheap and vulgar to my picky nose. I think - the special, sexy bottle and the box, plus the smart commercial, makes this fragrance famous - not the juice itself.

on 12/3/2008 3:05:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Classic Parisian seduction in a bottle. Another poster described it as "boozy musky" and I have to agree. Some men seem to adore this, so caveat emptor! Though a little "powdery", it manages to side-step "stuffy" with a powerful dose of ultra-feminine sex appeal that is anything but girlie. This is womanly spice meets everything nice, and it will always be one of my favorites.

This fragrance is a very strong but fresh floral. It can smell very old on warmer days. Once it dries and has been worm for a while it smells warmer. I really wanted to love it because the bottle is stunning, but its just not my taste.

UPDATE: I've changed my mind on this one! Some days it works beautifully on my skin. Its a very warm sweet florally enticing fragrance and is now on my to-buy list!

UPDATE: I'm wearing this more and more. Sits on my skin these days more as a deep but light warm vanilla. Lovely.

on 10/11/2006 8:48:00 PM

I like it, and sometimes I wear it, but the review is for my niece. She visited just before going out with her fiance; they were celebrating the anniversary of their first date. Miss Dana tried a couple of my lipsticks, rummaged through the perfume cabinet, eyed the suggestive bottle, took one sniff and said, "Oh, yeah." She applied profusely and with great satisfaction. Her comment: "This stuff says, "Do me," and that's all it says."

This is one of those "oh, she likes perfume" gifts from my partner. I give this three lippies because it has amazing staying power, it smells good in the bottle and the bottle itself is kicky. Unfortunately, it smells god-awful on me so a pretty smelling ornament on the dresser is all I got for my bday this year.

A very mysterious and French perfume. A beautiful smoky vanilla drydown. Definitely seductive and attention getting. I've worn this for 10 years and never get tired of it.

on 4/5/2005 4:42:00 PM

love this fragrance. slightest hint of vanilla. very sexy.

on 11/24/2004 12:03:00 PM

JEAN PAUL GAULTIER HAS A NEW FAN. THIS SCENT IS SOOO RELAXING AND SENSUAL.AND THE BOTTLE IS SO DAMN SEXY!A KEEPER!THIS REVIEW IS FOR THE EDP(I.E.THEY ADDED RHUM IN THE BLEND)

on 5/10/2004 1:57:00 PM

This was my first designer fragrance purchase after I started working when I graduated college. I bought it for the bottle and did not care what the fragrance smelled like, to tell the truth! I thought the scent of this would change after it darkened, but it smells the same after several years, in spite of what the experts seem to say about darkening meaning change in fragrance. (I should note that I kept this in the tin can it came in.) Has powdery qualities, I would also say this smells "zippy" without having an obvious fruit tone. A forgotten treasure I felt compelled to write about after seeing other reviews! Reminds me of my girly trips to NYC when I was in my 20's.

Popular Fragrances