Jean Paul Gaultier Classique EDT

Jean Paul Gaultier Classique EDT

4.3

on 2/5/2016 11:08:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Deep Dark, Not Sure

This product has changed my life. Before using this I didn't have any friends but as soon as I put on 1 spray of it, boys could not stay away from me and girls wanted to be me. This product's elegant smell takes me away to another day when there was no wars only peace and North Korea was open. I was once a small town girl but this just because of the smell made me famous. I'm bigger than Selena Gomez. People pay to smell me. I can't get enough of this product. I put it in every piece of clothing I wear. I am so proud of this product. How can it be better. I will buy it forever. I will keep buying it. I AM ME. THIS PRODUCT IS ME. I LOVE IT.

on 9/6/2013 12:04:00 PM

I smelled this fragrance once and i just loved it.
I used to think this fragrance is something for women older than me, but now it is my favourite one. It's a fragrance that just stays on all day and makes you feel cozy and comfortable. It becomes a part of you.

on 5/20/2012 4:04:00 PM

I simply LOVE this fragrance. It's strong, vibrant, and very sexy. It's so powdery and so sweet. I think it's very over the top in every way and that's exactly what I love about it. It makes me think of very luxurious things. But old luxury, if that makes sense. Not a brand new sportscar, but an oldtimer. Not a villa in Hollywood, but a mansion on the English countryside.
It actually reminds me of very old, very good whiskey. It has that same boozy velvety texture.
To me it smells like make-up, whiskey, vanilla, and a lot of spicy florals. I absolutely love the ginger and the anise (I'm a HUGE fan of anise notes) blending beautifully with the ylang ylang and the orange blossom. My friend said it reminded her of old fashioned sweets, and I totally get that.

Though I really love this fragrance, I can not wear it every day (well, it wasn't made to be worn all day either). It's just too much over the top. I can only wear it when I'm dressed up for a chique occasion. When everything else is perfect, Classique is the icing on the cake.

I must say I prefer this to the EDP. The EDP is softer, gentler, more mature. Like the more grown up sister of the sparkly EDT. There character is in essence alike, but they are very different.

I do not really get the fuss around the bottle. I quite like it. It's a mannequin, that's all. It adds to the luxurious feel of this fragrance. And the corset is very... I would not say funny, but I can not really find another word to describe it in English. The corset makes me smile. In a good way.

I originally just bought a small bottle of this on ebay because I wanted to see what all the fuss was about (okay, and because I love the bottle). I wasn't really expecting to like it, since the reviews made it sound too brash for me. And yet, I've absolutely fallen in love!

To me, this perfume is femininity without the woman. It is an enhancement of a strong, graceful, and beautiful woman's scent. Since I have barely any sense of smell (perfumes are one of the few things I can smell at all), few perfumes actually stir up memories for me. Classique is exceptional in that regard.

Classique reminds me of a dressing room during a performance. This might sound like a criticism, but as a dancer I mean this in the best way possible. As you walk into the room, the smell of aerosol hairspray hits you and mingles with the light scent of stage makeup. Then you smell the powdery resin from the ballerina's shoes and even the sweet, warm 'glow' of dancers warming up. And later, as the show ends and the dancers go home, the smell of the old hardwood floors remains.

Needless to say, I will need to buy a larger bottle of this soon.

on 12/31/2010 8:01:00 PM

Love love love this perfume! like the EDT better than the EDP too. It is the type of scent where people walk past you and know instantly what you are wearing. It is also a man magnet - trust me ladies ;-).

Very nice, just don't over-spray it or you'll get a headache. 2 sprays last you a good 3-4 hours. Happy shopping!

on 9/18/2010 9:37:00 PM

My all time favorite scent. Wen I was a little girly best friend's glamorous mother had a bottle of this on her vanity, and I've loved it since.

I started wearing this when I was 18 and it has served me well for several years. I like the scent immediately, but it comes into it's own when it has had time to blend with the skin. It then turns sweeter on me, while still not being a little girl perfume. My friends and I call the EDT "woman perfume" because of how it makes us feel!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is a beautiful scent which I was first introduced to by a friend from school - she had worn this from a very young age - 13 give or take - too young for such a sophisticated perfume in my opinion. When I was about 18 or so I decided to purchase my first bottle of this and was surprised at how different it smelled on me. This perfume starts as a very heavy scent with quite an "alcohol-y" note to it, however the "wind-down" of this perfume is when you truly get the benefit of it. It warms up on your skin and leaves a warm and spicy vanilla scent on your skin. In fact i have found my favourite "stages" of this this perfume to be the next day or after a shower. In doing this it leaves a much lighter and subtler form of this perfume. Overall this is a perfume i will purchase time and time again.

on 4/28/2010 5:06:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

This is stunning! If I had to sum it up I would say sexy and chic. This is my second favourite perfume of all time after Angel by Thierry Mugler. I recognise this anywhere, even if I don't know it's JPG straight away I always notice the smell and wonder what it is, because it can smell slightly different on different people. I smelt this on someone in a club recently which is what made me fall in love with it all over again - I kept trying to find the smell and who it was coming from. On 2 other separate occasions I also asked 2 women what they were wearing and it was this. It smells like a sexy, gourmand scent. It's definitely well suited for a sexy date or an evening occasion. The lasting power is also very good, I've never had the EDP (the one with the pink tin) but I've tried it and prefer the EDT, which I've owned 3 times in total, and it really lasts a long time so I can't imagine wanting anything even longer-lasting! When I first spray it it's quite strong and I think it smells a bit sherbert-y, but then it settles into a lovely ambery, vanilla scent. The top notes are listed as anise, orange blossom and tangerine; middle notes are ginger, orchid and ylang-ylang and the base is vanilla, musk and amber. The vanilla and amber come through the most for me but the orange blossom and ginger are apparent on the first spray. Personally I think this is chicer than your typical 'sexy', evening scent. To me it smells very Parisian. There's just something about it that smells so gorgeous and unforgettable. It also smells extremely comforting to me, like being enveloped in a hug by someone you really love. I will buy this forever.

on 4/27/2010 10:07:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Oh my, how I love this. I tend to get bored with perfumes quickly, but there's something about this one that makes me happy and want to wear it all the time. I think it's because there's so much to it: rose/amber/spice/vanilla/musky/powdery/floral/gourmand-y goodness with just a touch of nail polish and baby wipes to keep the fragrance surprising and not overly sweet. I love it from the effervescent opening to the powdery vanilla-mingled-with-skin drydown. Classique truly does last all day, and if I spritz it on my neck, I still catch occasional wafts of it many hours later.

I was originally expecting to like the EDP more, but it barely showed up on me, as do many soft fragrances, unfortunately. So if you have the same issue, try the EDT. The powdery quality of Classique isn't for everyone, but it makes me happy. :)

The lotion smells closer to the EDP, but it still pairs nicely with the EDT.

Although the bottle is aesthetically pleasing, it's true that the cap /pump can get stuck, so I hope it doesn't break with time. :( Also, your fingerprints show up on the etched part of the bottle, so try to avoid touching it.

on 1/17/2010 11:41:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

My HG parfume which I have been wearing for like 10 years! The bottle is soooo beautiful and I often love the limited edition scents of this perfume as well.. This is just LOVE, pure love <3