Jean Paul Gaultier Classique EDT

Jean Paul Gaultier Classique EDT

4.1

on 5/20/2012 4:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Disliked everything about it, cloying, cheap smelling for the price. Had a sample, would not buy a full sized. Dislike the headless horseman bottle too.

on 3/19/2012 11:45:00 PM

I have to say... In MY OPINION..

I HATE THIS FRAGRANCE! When I was little, mother had one of these & constantly sprayed it & sprayed it! It was awful! It stuffed my nose with such a nasty smell. Blek! I'm sorry ladies, if this is one of YOUR fav.'s I just wanna put it out there, this thing is horrible!!

What is this stuff? It smells absolutely horrible and is headache inducing. I've never smelled anything like it. Like a stale lemon verbena weakened with toilet water. It also made me sneeze like crazy, which is strange as I never have bad reactions to perfume except to crinkle my nose in disgust and turn away violently.

on 9/8/2008 4:36:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Not a fan of this. It smells sort of old on me.

on 6/29/2008 10:17:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

To me this is the ultimate old woman smell. Like a woman who's ready for the nursing home. Reminds me of cheap soap that's used to camouflage the smell of sweat and used diapers. The bottle looks really tacky and dated as well.

on 5/5/2007 6:40:00 PM

I hate this!!!! Used to be a favorite, used to wear it when I was at friends etc but then I got my own bottle and after 2 uses I almost vomited when spraying again. Eww!

on 7/28/2006 3:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Update at the end of this review.
Jean Paul Gaultier Classique is a fruity, flirty, rich orange blossom,
rootbeer/Dr Peppery fantasy, with a bit of old-fashioned library
paste thrown in for good measure. It's different! Reminds me a
bit of Faberge' Tigress and Lancome Poeme in feeling or impression.
Perfect for autumn, and works in other seasons too. Reminds me
also of mock orange blossoms permeating the evening air in the
spring in Calfornia coastal cities. I prefer the EDT which has orange
blossom as a leading note. This "stuff" is intoxicating, fun,
and sexy as it blends into your own skin chemistry - wow!
Orange blossom candy! The more I wear the EDT, the more I
like it. This "stuff" is soooooo goooood. (The EDP however
is a different scent that's more more amber-woody with a rich rum
topnote, and the body lotion and body cream resemble the EDP.)
Update late April 09 - I believe the EDT has been reformulated as
it's lighter in color, lighter going on, and has a different drydown
that I do not care for. I think they've killed the fragrance.
The official notes now on the JPG website are simpler than the
ones on the Sephora website. Formerly a 5 rating and a personal
favorite, now a 1, yes it's that bad.

I used this about 5 years ago until it just got too cloying for me, and that's what it is - cloying, it really makes me feel ill if someone even walks past me with this on now, especially in summer what possesses them? I wore it briefly, mainly because I was seduced by the packaging which is adorable, or at least I thought it was then, these days I detest Madonna so the thought of buying anything which resembles her tarty stage-wear repulses me - I digress. If you love it I can understand because it's pretty unique but to me my disdain for this is only rivalled by that of my feelings for Poison (the 80s fragrance which came straight from the very anus of Diablo himself) I've said enough.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is one fragrance I do not understand at all. I find it vulgar and cheap, very overpowering. Yes, it might indeed be called "sex in a bottle" and probably be well suited for a night out, but I seem to smell this very often during daytime and at work - which I find simply too much (sorry ladies!). While I like Gaultier's "Fragile" and I admire his talent as a designer, I don't understand what can be "classique" about this fragrance. Not even the bottle, which he simply copied from Schiaparelli's "Shocking".

Eww, this stuff stank on me! I'm sure it was my chemistry, because I'm getting a nasty, overly spicy, kind of sour note that overwhelms the entire fragrance! It smelled good when I sniffed the bottle, but awful on me. I don't really like the packaging, so it's a good thing I didn't like this one.

Popular Fragrances