Jean Paul Gaultier Classique EDT

Jean Paul Gaultier Classique EDT

4.1

on 6/28/2016 4:25:00 PM

No other perfume I've tried can make me feel as sexy and as womanly as Classique EDT does. When I first smelled this a few years back, I told myself that this was going to be the scent I lose my virginity to, my honeymoon scent. To me it smells of seduction and romance in the most dramatic sense, rose petals over satin sheets, lace lingerie and garters (with matching heels ofcourse), a roaring fire-place, lovers cuddling and drinking champagne, a strand of pearls adorning her neck (and tomato red liptick stains adorning his ;)

This heady, distinctive scent is just almost too delicious for words; it's sweet, spicy, deep, warm and powdery, a 'curves in all the right places' floriental (yeah, yeah, just like the bottle lol)...something in the scent is reminiscent of beauty products you find on a woman's vanity table, like lipstick, body powder and lotion, but what I mainly get are notes of orange blossom, iris and rose, seamlessly blended into a hazy, warm spiced vanilla. A ginger note contributes to the overall heat factor of the scent, but rather than standing out and becoming a biting presence, it blends itself among the other notes, adding richness, sexiness and warmth.

It's a classic for the sensual and the provocative, an ageless scent for the uber-feminine. Just don't let the strong opening put you off, and for the love of all things fragrant, don't use this as a casual scent. You need to be dolled up to wear Classique, it requires perfect hair, a made up face and heels...so it's really best saved for the evenings, special events, or on those days you need an extra boost of confidence. Sillage and longevity is amazing, 10 hours on me and it's the kind of scent that could fill a room, so please spray with caution. I myself prefer using this with a light hand so that the scent gracefully emanates from my warm skin with its erotic creamy-spicy-sweetness (no more than 2-3 sprays on me, and a couple sprays sprayed on my clothes the night before), the last thing I'd want to do is assault the noses of anyone who comes within 10 feet of me. Seriously, when oversprayed, this can actually smell bad! Not only cloying, but bad in the sense that you end up smelling dated, vulgar, obnoxious and fake, like an out-of-work aging actress who piles on too much make up and dresses inappropriately.

on 6/28/2016 12:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Old Hollywood Glamour - I wanted to try this because Im a vintage enthusiast of all things. I was reading an article with Dita Von Teese and she mentioned JPG Classique and that is smelled like MAKEUP. I was SO excited to try this and it does smell like old rouge or powder. It may sound weird but you are instantly reminded of that scent from your Grandmothers cosmetics – in a good way. On me - this is powdery, creamy spicy vanilla fragrance. I dont get any fruitiness or the oranges. Its definitely not for those ladies who prefer light fruity scents and this is best suited for cooler evening weather. I LOVE it but it is a vintage type of smell.

To Read all 189 Reviews, Login or Join

on 3/25/2016 2:43:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

this jpg classique and t. muglers alien and diors addict are how perfumes should be done! screw the floral fruity shit this is grown woman territory and I love all three mentioned but this classique is in a league of its own and a powerhouse as far as longevity..and not to mention the bottle is as unique as the fragrance.

on 2/5/2016 11:08:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Deep Dark, Not Sure

This product has changed my life. Before using this I didn't have any friends but as soon as I put on 1 spray of it, boys could not stay away from me and girls wanted to be me. This product's elegant smell takes me away to another day when there was no wars only peace and North Korea was open. I was once a small town girl but this just because of the smell made me famous. I'm bigger than Selena Gomez. People pay to smell me. I can't get enough of this product. I put it in every piece of clothing I wear. I am so proud of this product. How can it be better. I will buy it forever. I will keep buying it. I AM ME. THIS PRODUCT IS ME. I LOVE IT.

on 1/16/2016 12:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

JPG's Classique is one of the very few scents where I slightly favor the EDT over the EDP. I reviewed the EDP separately and gave it four stars. Usually, when given a choice, I much prefer the deeper, warmer EDP versions, for the additional ambery notes, and not least because EDPs usually last better on my skin. Not so with Classique. While I also own and like the EDP I got to sample the EDT a while after buying the EDP and side by side I noticed that there is a distinct difference in the overall impression of this perfume. Similar to Chanel No.5 I find the Classique EDT a lot more transparent and bright, but without being thin or fleeting. So the longevity of EDT and EDP is similar on my skin but I prefer the EDT's dry down because its rummy/ambery notes are less pronounced and the vanilla and orange notes are more prominent. Personally, I don't think either of the Classiques is girly, they are fragrances for a confident woman, I'd put them in the same league as Black Orchid, which is another masterpiece. Great choices for going out or on the weekends.

on 3/3/2015 8:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I got this perfume in the ''Intense classique'' version, and this is WAY too intense for me. It's really strong, last all day and doesn't fade. I asked coworkers and they could not tell me that it was too strong but I smelled it each time I moved. Not for me but I'm pretty sure many strong perfume ladies will love it.

on 1/21/2015 11:51:00 PM

3 bottles over the years. Very feminine. I feel beautiful when I where this perfume.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is my signature fragrance. I love it because it is soft and smells clean and like talcum powder. It is subtle provided you only use a little and wafts around gently the entire day. I often spritz some in my hair too. The packaging is gorgeous and I love the corset bottle; its so timeless and elegant. Its well worth every penny.

on 7/4/2014 4:34:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

Absolutely gorgeous fragrance. I actually prefer the toilette to the parfum version. This bottle firstly is friggin adorable. Looks gorgeous on my vanity. The smell is beautiful just extremely soft and feminine. It is quite expensive though ranging from 40-70 in the uk. Then again most good perfumes cost around the same so in comparison with competition price is not bad. This is definitely a treat item and perfect for birthdays and Christmases. Will definitely treat myself to it again though!

One of my favs, for years

Popular Fragrances