Jean Paul Gaultier Classique EDT

Jean Paul Gaultier Classique EDT

3.8

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

In the top notes delicate rose scent is spiced by fresh anis. Middle notes combine sweetness of orange blossom and exciting ginger, a powerful aphrodisiac. Vanilla and sensual amber gently embrace in the base.

This is very strong. I get a brief waft of spice that dissipates into a fresh, clean soapy scent on me.

It's nice but no signature scent for me. Too expensive.

If you like this, you should try:
~BS Hidden Fantasy~Tocca Brigitte~

on 1/19/2012 8:47:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is one of my favourite fragrances. It's a beautiful, boldly feminine Oriental Floral fragrance that's perfect for special occassions, although I wear it whenever I'm in a "sophisticated" mood. I love the bottle, love it's staying power and love the fragrance.

on 1/8/2012 9:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Intriguing, full-on sexy smell. This fragrance is certainly a weapon in my arsenal!! Amber and sandalwood make this one overtly sensual and down dirty. Long lasting too. EDT and EDP are too different animals. While I own the EDP, I do prefer the EDT. Only purchased the EDP because it seems to last longer. The bottle is so ingenious. Looks great on my boudoir dresser. A lusty, busty woman figure, just like me!!

on 2/27/2011 3:40:00 PM

What a lovely fragrance,one that keeps you smelling your wrist,could be used in Autumn/Winter or maybe Spring. A bit too potent for hot summers. Love the bottle and staying power. A very sexy fragrance that people often comment on.

on 11/27/2007 9:56:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

This fragrance is incredible. It is sweet, warm, feminine bliss. It is so well blended and smooth. It dries down to a wonderful ambery vanilla unlike any other vanilla. I prefer the edt to the edp which is a bit flatter. I love what a reviewer says below - "this is classically feminine, though definitely with a sexy, passionate base." I would not change a thing on this one. Perfection.

on 10/11/2006 8:48:00 PM

I like it, and sometimes I wear it, but the review is for my niece. She visited just before going out with her fiance; they were celebrating the anniversary of their first date. Miss Dana tried a couple of my lipsticks, rummaged through the perfume cabinet, eyed the suggestive bottle, took one sniff and said, "Oh, yeah." She applied profusely and with great satisfaction. Her comment: "This stuff says, "Do me," and that's all it says."

on 7/28/2006 3:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Update at the end of this review.
Jean Paul Gaultier Classique is a fruity, flirty, rich orange blossom,
rootbeer/Dr Peppery fantasy, with a bit of old-fashioned library
paste thrown in for good measure. It's different! Reminds me a
bit of Faberge' Tigress and Lancome Poeme in feeling or impression.
Perfect for autumn, and works in other seasons too. Reminds me
also of mock orange blossoms permeating the evening air in the
spring in Calfornia coastal cities. I prefer the EDT which has orange
blossom as a leading note. This "stuff" is intoxicating, fun,
and sexy as it blends into your own skin chemistry - wow!
Orange blossom candy! The more I wear the EDT, the more I
like it. This "stuff" is soooooo goooood. (The EDP however
is a different scent that's more more amber-woody with a rich rum
topnote, and the body lotion and body cream resemble the EDP.)
Update late April 09 - I believe the EDT has been reformulated as
it's lighter in color, lighter going on, and has a different drydown
that I do not care for. I think they've killed the fragrance.
The official notes now on the JPG website are simpler than the
ones on the Sephora website. Formerly a 5 rating and a personal
favorite, now a 1, yes it's that bad.

on 2/1/2006 1:14:00 PM

Updated review Jul 20, 2007: I'm always on the see-saw with Classique edt. I either love it for its sensual sweet ambery drydown, or I hate it for being cloying and annoying. I do prefer the edp, but this morning I'm loving the edt. Whatever made me think I couldn't wear Classique edt in summer? This is the perfect summer scent. The summer warmth and humidity mute the screechier high notes somewhat and mellows the whole composition into a soft, fluffy surrounding cloud. This is a very feminine scent. It smells especially delicious in summer weather. I'm glad I've rediscovered it in my own wardrobe.

on 3/10/2005 4:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Some generous sweetheart sent this to me as an extra throw in-either here or on ebay-Wow was I surprised! It was just a beautifully packae sample spray but has a sexy picture of a sexy flower covered woman's torso on it & pale tangerine color bottle-I kept wanting to resell it or give it as a gift but finally broke down & opened it. Again WOW! Someone else said it here "SEX IN A BOTTLE" Here's what it says about the scent:
Notes of Rose--Absolute of Vanilla Bourbon & Daffodil. It's so different & has that expensive smell. I use it only for those sexy nights since it is a bit heavy on me. Give it a try. I can see why men would love t. They'd have a REAL winner if they'd add some pheromones in there-it might drive men totally mad with desire though! Nothing wrong with that-if the desire is for you wearing it though! ;)

on 1/17/2005 9:47:00 AM

This one is from my favourite fragrance family (Floriental) but I've never liked the EDT (too sweet and cloying and almost a bit vulgar). EDP is very appealing: warm, sweet, ultra-sexy and deeper than EDT, hard to resist. It is not a subtle perfume but very loud, very sexy, an attention-grabber. Staying power is great, it is VERY STRONG and incredibly longlasting. Unfortunately, I get a headache and become nauseating from it so I can't wear it.

Popular Fragrances