Jean Paul Gaultier Classique EDT

4.3

on 8/7/2010 7:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

When this perfume first came out in 1993, I was a poor art school student in love with JPG's work. I remember going to Sak's the give it a sniff, only to be told that "they were out of samples". Determined to get my hands on this, my friend and I went back when a different sales girl was working. I went up to the counter with a fake British accent, going on and on about how fantastic this fragrance was. My friend went along with it, and what do you know, I got a sample. Oh, come on. We have all been a sample troll at some point. ;)

I now of course have my own bottle, and I still love it. It reminds me of a 1950's vanity table, topped with powders and potions and a lovely vase of flowers. Timeless.

Starts off with a zing, then fades to a 'minor chord' of citrus that somehow has an almost chypre-ish feel. Very gradually settles into a sweetish, semi-heady floral with a touch of soapiness - not exactly what comes to mind when I imagine 'sex in a bottle', but each to their own. Staying power was indeed good like many others have said. Not a bad scent, but on my skin it doesn't quite seem to live up to its full potential. The bottle, which I adored when it was first released, seems cliche' to me now, and I really can't stand that can, either. I think Classique is worth a try, I can see how it can be delightful on some - but as for me, no sale.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Am I the only one who smells the men's version of Lolita Lempicka with this? I sprayed this on and immediately thought of my BF - who wears Lolita Lempicka - except with some leather thrown in. At any rate, I LOVE it! I just tried a sample of this, but yes, I would definitely buy it "again," after I buy it to begin with. =) Sex, straight up, in a bottle. Mmmmmm...