Jean Paul Gaultier Classique EDT

Jean Paul Gaultier Classique EDT

4.5

on 7/21/2011 9:36:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I want to love this, I get many compliments and on the right person it is a very sexy scent but on me there is a metallic chemical note which just annoys me and gives me a headache, others compliment me on it but I personally dont like it on me. Faraway from avon has similar orange flower and vanillic notes without the chemical smell.

on 4/4/2008 6:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

The edt and edp are very different. I find that the edt is more lively and sharper than the edp which kind of melts into the skin. At least for me I perfer the edp. I made the mistake of buying the edt after testing the edp and I like the edp so much more. I definately think this is a womans fragrance and needs to be applied sparingly as it is strong and lasts a long time. But definately try both versions on before you buy. You'll notice the difference between the 2 instantly!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

This is one of my Top 5 fragrances, along with Coco, Narciso Rodriguez, Kenzo Flower le Parfum and Farnesiana. Although I find the rose-rich edp version quite beautiful, it is the edt, with its scrumptuous chocolate accord that captivates me. The rose is still here, but it mixes with star anise, ginger and orange so silkily and dreamily. I know I adore this because it bugs me when I smell it on anyone else. It's like I own it.

My earliest memories of this fragrance take me back to my school years. There was a raven-haired girl in the year above who lived on one of the posh estates of huge new detached houses (the kind that have massive kitchens and bowls of potpourri in the hall) and she was seeing this lad - (she was 14; he was 15, although they seemed so old to me) - my friends and I would spot them walking arm in arm around the village. She wore this with her oddball designer jumpers. He was the kind of boy to go on Stand By Me adventures. A railway track follower. The kind to carry a penknife and Rizla papers. I idolised them both. They epitomized young love back then. First love. You could have cut the air around them with a knife, such was the gravity of their relationship.

A couple of years later that boy became my first proper boyfriend - we were together for four years. I was never jealous of the girl; she represented some kind of otherness. I think, actually, we were alike - both creative, rebellious, intense types. Who knows where she is now. He is a boat builder on the coast with two dogs and a wife who does his book-keeping...

Her sister wore this too - and probably their other sister as well. Sometimes I like stealing fragrances and making them my own. It suits me just as much, although I left it more or less alone for a decade. I've grown into it. I hazard a guess that the raven-haired sisters have grown out of it. It can only ever suit a fourteen year old in a dress-up, let's pretend kind of way. It was a loud and awkward cloud, mingling with the smell of hair mousse and face powder. But truthful too - because it was Jean Paul Gaultier; maybe even their mum wore it. This was the kind of family to be impressed by a show of both money and sexuality. A doll-like, bronzed mother with a firm bust and her three Lolitas trying to emulate her.

This doesn't smell good on everyone. You have to wear it like you mean it.

It leaves the most decadent rich vanilla-amber-musk trail on the skin 24 hours later. continued >>

on 1/18/2005 12:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

MMMM! I tested this out today while I was perfume hunting. Smells absolutely heavenly! I have to test a perfume on my arm first, let it dry down for about 4-5 hours before I commit to a perfume. I've had many times when I bought perfume just by the initial spray, thought I liked it and wind up throwing it away or letting it sit on my vanity. THis one will be a purchase for sure! It has a wonderful balance of sweet/spicy floral that is not offensive or too flowery like some perfumes out there. I have a feeling I will be purchasing this one! UPDATE* 1/22/04 I broke down and puchased this! I got the 3.3 oz spray and matching body lotion for $66.50. I love it even more when it's layered with the b/l. I cannot say enough about how delicious this smells! So sexy and inviting..even my DH commented on how nice I smelled. This will be a definate staple in my fragrance wardrobe for sure! Huge Rave!!

Popular Fragrances