Jean Paul Gaultier Classique EDT

Filtered by age: 25-29
Jean Paul Gaultier Classique EDT

4.2

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

One of my favourites I had my eye on for ages before I purchased! It's a true 'classique' perfume, would suit all ages and has such a unique bottle. It's a must!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I have been waiting to get this for months, and now i finally have it. Not only does it smell amazing, vintage, but very classy and sexy all at once, (like it says up top, an aphrodisiac like scent to it!) but i was scared to buy this, i tried the edt in the store not realising it was in fact the edt and it lasted a long time on me! (i normally only buy edps because my skin has terrible lasting power.) Now, bringing it home, it is even stronger than a lot of edps i have tried on each hand today to test its sillage and lasting length. Seeing as the reviews for the edp claim it smells extremely different and lots of people who like this don't like the other and vice versa - I'm extremely glad i got the edt because this scent couldn't be better, stronger than a lot of edp's, yet not too strong, smells beautiful, perfect lasting power and sillage. I don't like it when they mix up perfect edt's and then sell them making you think they're the same and bamb! Completely different fragrance!? Long live this classique Jean Paul Gaultier edt exactly as it is right now i say!

on 6/28/2016 4:25:00 PM

No other perfume I've tried can make me feel as sexy and as womanly as Classique EDT does. When I first smelled this a few years back, I told myself that this was going to be the scent I lose my virginity to, my honeymoon scent. To me it smells of seduction and romance in the most dramatic sense, rose petals over satin sheets, lace lingerie and garters (with matching heels ofcourse), a roaring fire-place, lovers cuddling and drinking champagne, a strand of pearls adorning her neck (and tomato red liptick stains adorning his ;)

This heady, distinctive scent is just almost too delicious for words; it's sweet, spicy, deep, warm and powdery, a 'curves in all the right places' floriental (yeah, yeah, just like the bottle lol)...something in the scent is reminiscent of beauty products you find on a woman's vanity table, like lipstick, body powder and lotion, but what I mainly get are notes of orange blossom, iris and rose, seamlessly blended into a hazy, warm spiced vanilla. A ginger note contributes to the overall heat factor of the scent, but rather than standing out and becoming a biting presence, it blends itself among the other notes, adding richness, sexiness and warmth.

It's a classic for the sensual and the provocative, an ageless scent for the uber-feminine. Just don't let the strong opening put you off, and for the love of all things fragrant, don't use this as a casual scent. You need to be dolled up to wear Classique, it requires perfect hair, a made up face and heels...so it's really best saved for the evenings, special events, or on those days you need an extra boost of confidence. Sillage and longevity is amazing, 10 hours on me and it's the kind of scent that could fill a room, so please spray with caution. I myself prefer using this with a light hand so that the scent gracefully emanates from my warm skin with its erotic creamy-spicy-sweetness (no more than 2-3 sprays on me, and a couple sprays sprayed on my clothes the night before), the last thing I'd want to do is assault the noses of anyone who comes within 10 feet of me. Seriously, when oversprayed, this can actually smell bad! Not only cloying, but bad in the sense that you end up smelling dated, vulgar, obnoxious and fake, like an out-of-work aging actress who piles on too much make up and dresses inappropriately.

on 3/3/2015 8:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I got this perfume in the ''Intense classique'' version, and this is WAY too intense for me. It's really strong, last all day and doesn't fade. I asked coworkers and they could not tell me that it was too strong but I smelled it each time I moved. Not for me but I'm pretty sure many strong perfume ladies will love it.

on 1/21/2015 11:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

3 bottles over the years. Very feminine. I feel beautiful when I where this perfume.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is my signature fragrance. I love it because it is soft and smells clean and like talcum powder. It is subtle provided you only use a little and wafts around gently the entire day. I often spritz some in my hair too. The packaging is gorgeous and I love the corset bottle; its so timeless and elegant. Its well worth every penny.

I was expecting something sexy because of the bottle. Unfortunately it smells like the perfumes from many decades ago (real "old lady" perfume). It's not the worst scent I've tried, but it's no winner with my body chemistry. I will give the EDP a shot next.

on 11/21/2012 6:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

My bf had bought me this as a gift because he loved it. I absolutely hated it at first, I was 19 then and it seemed way to grown up on me, but now years later, I'm falling in love with it! It's become my everyday frangrance for the office, it's a little heavy but it makes me feel all fancy and sophisticated. Great for going out as well when I want to get a bit classy. It's a classic scent that differs so much from all the fruity sugary floral scents dominating the market these days. It has great lasting power too, stays on all day. And the bottle is just beautiful.

on 9/22/2012 8:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

I have been wearing this perfume for 8 years now. My French boyfriend originally gave it to me as a birthday present, and I have been wearing it ever since. Men LOVE it. It's too heavy for me for every-day wear, but I spritz one one or two sprays before going out on weekends and I always get compliments on how I smell. I'll wear this forever!

been wearing this for about 10-12 years i just love it!
First off who ever designed the bottle A+, gold star you get a cookie!! so sexy and fun.
This is pricey but its so strong you just need the smallest amount, therefore a bottle will last me almost a year great bang for the buck if you ask me.
I get asked all the time what am I wearing how good I smell :) it lasts all freakin day what's that saying you get what you pay for....
undersents on this for me are vanilla, rose and sandalwood, its sweet yet musk.
You've got to give this a try (not for those who enjoy "delicate" sents)

Popular Fragrances