Jean Paul Gaultier Classique EDT

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive age: 19-24
Jean Paul Gaultier Classique EDT

4.8

on 5/20/2012 4:04:00 PM

I simply LOVE this fragrance. It's strong, vibrant, and very sexy. It's so powdery and so sweet. I think it's very over the top in every way and that's exactly what I love about it. It makes me think of very luxurious things. But old luxury, if that makes sense. Not a brand new sportscar, but an oldtimer. Not a villa in Hollywood, but a mansion on the English countryside.
It actually reminds me of very old, very good whiskey. It has that same boozy velvety texture.
To me it smells like make-up, whiskey, vanilla, and a lot of spicy florals. I absolutely love the ginger and the anise (I'm a HUGE fan of anise notes) blending beautifully with the ylang ylang and the orange blossom. My friend said it reminded her of old fashioned sweets, and I totally get that.

Though I really love this fragrance, I can not wear it every day (well, it wasn't made to be worn all day either). It's just too much over the top. I can only wear it when I'm dressed up for a chique occasion. When everything else is perfect, Classique is the icing on the cake.

I must say I prefer this to the EDP. The EDP is softer, gentler, more mature. Like the more grown up sister of the sparkly EDT. There character is in essence alike, but they are very different.

I do not really get the fuss around the bottle. I quite like it. It's a mannequin, that's all. It adds to the luxurious feel of this fragrance. And the corset is very... I would not say funny, but I can not really find another word to describe it in English. The corset makes me smile. In a good way.

on 4/23/2011 11:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I do love the Classique EDT! Interestingly, the EDP is too much on my skin- I can't stand it. However, the EDT is one of my favorite perfumes and it smells wonderful. It has a warm combination of vanilla, amber and rose, and I disagree strongly that it has a "brash" or "old lady" smell. The trail is great too: distinct but not cloying.

Luckily I just got a new bottle in a swap, so I will be happily spraying once more. Most of Gautier's scents seem to click with my chemistry, but in a more gourmand way than anything else. That's not to say they're too sweet, because they're not in my opinion, but they all tend to have a rice pudding drydown. (Not a criticism... I like that!)

on 9/18/2010 9:37:00 PM

My all time favorite scent. Wen I was a little girly best friend's glamorous mother had a bottle of this on her vanity, and I've loved it since.

I started wearing this when I was 18 and it has served me well for several years. I like the scent immediately, but it comes into it's own when it has had time to blend with the skin. It then turns sweeter on me, while still not being a little girl perfume. My friends and I call the EDT "woman perfume" because of how it makes us feel!

on 9/1/2009 2:14:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is amazing! It's a must have perfume! It's just to chic.

on 5/6/2009 2:47:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

i absolutely adore this seductive scent.
it's one of my core fragrances
i always get compliments when i wear it
fresh and enchanting
still smells great at the end of the day which makes it a total winner in my eyes!!
and its not totally overpriced
love it!!!!