Jean Paul Gaultier Classique EDT

Jean Paul Gaultier Classique EDT

3.9

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

In the top notes delicate rose scent is spiced by fresh anis. Middle notes combine sweetness of orange blossom and exciting ginger, a powerful aphrodisiac. Vanilla and sensual amber gently embrace in the base.

This is very strong. I get a brief waft of spice that dissipates into a fresh, clean soapy scent on me.

It's nice but no signature scent for me. Too expensive.

If you like this, you should try:
~BS Hidden Fantasy~Tocca Brigitte~

on 6/28/2016 12:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Old Hollywood Glamour - I wanted to try this because Im a vintage enthusiast of all things. I was reading an article with Dita Von Teese and she mentioned JPG Classique and that is smelled like MAKEUP. I was SO excited to try this and it does smell like old rouge or powder. It may sound weird but you are instantly reminded of that scent from your Grandmothers cosmetics – in a good way. On me - this is powdery, creamy spicy vanilla fragrance. I dont get any fruitiness or the oranges. Its definitely not for those ladies who prefer light fruity scents and this is best suited for cooler evening weather. I LOVE it but it is a vintage type of smell.

on 3/3/2015 8:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I got this perfume in the ''Intense classique'' version, and this is WAY too intense for me. It's really strong, last all day and doesn't fade. I asked coworkers and they could not tell me that it was too strong but I smelled it each time I moved. Not for me but I'm pretty sure many strong perfume ladies will love it.

on 1/21/2015 11:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

3 bottles over the years. Very feminine. I feel beautiful when I where this perfume.

on 9/6/2013 12:04:00 PM

I smelled this fragrance once and i just loved it.
I used to think this fragrance is something for women older than me, but now it is my favourite one. It's a fragrance that just stays on all day and makes you feel cozy and comfortable. It becomes a part of you.

on 5/10/2013 4:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I love JPG Classique EDT and wore a lot of it last Fall/Winter, day after day. I was hooked on it for awhile -- unusual for me, since I generally rotate daily. It's pretty strong; you have to just use a tiny spritz, but then it's so soft, warm, and comforting -- especially in cool or cold weather.

JPG Classique EDT is soft, musky, warm, and the EDT version is somewhat powdery. The EDP version is more gourmandy, adding vanilla & rum notes, and it's luscious in its own right. The EDP version lacks the powdery quality of the EDT. I own both versions, and originally I much preferred the EDP, but now I prefer the EDT.

I once sniffed the trail of a lady at the mall on my lunch hour. She was very well-dressed and coifed, wearing a business suit & heels -- 40-something, I think -- and she was walking like a TRAIN! Her trail of perfume was one of the best I've ever smelled in my life -- and I was speed-walking like crazy way behind her, in her wake, trying desperately to catch up and ask her what it was, my brain meanwhile flipping through the possibilities of what it could be.

But I never could catch her. Sadly, I'll always always wonder. I live in a small town without niche scents, so I'm pretty sure I knew the perfume very well and likely actually owned it myself -- it was probably easily found at Belk, Dillard, Macy's, or Ulta (that's all we have around here). I have a lot of trouble recognizing perfumes on others in public, even those I actually own & wear myself.

Hers was one of the whiffs in public that has absolutely blown me away, and I'll never forget it. At first, it just floated off of her like a delicious warm musk -- that's all. I couldn't identify any particular notes -- her trail just smelled warm and musky. It was almost like an upscale Jovan Musk for Women -- the drydown gave an overall "impression* to me of warm musk. Yet it wasn't any straight-up musks from drug stores or etailers -- not Coty Wild or Kiehl's or any of those. This was a dept store perfume that just dried down to a warm musky scent. And it was strong -- I could smell it across the wide corridor.

My best guesses at the time were something along the lines of --- Opium, Gucci Guilty, EL Sensuous, Dune, Burberry Classic, Samsara, Coco Mademoiselle, Allure, Chance, Prada, JPG Classique, Obsession, D&G The One, Vict Secret Rapture. (Coco Noir had not launched yet.)

Her trail at first was simply warm & musky -- but later, as I came closer, a "delicious" quality was revealed too, so I started thinking maybe it had a bit of fruit & vanilla -- maybe gourmand-ish. So I started wondering -- Opium, Gucci Guilty, Sensuous, JPG, Allure, Chance, or Coco Mlle? I'll never know for sure, but I think it was probably one of the ones I've mentioned.

If I'd been able to catch up & ask her, I'm sure I would have nodded and said, "Oh, yes, of course!" -- as such revelations generally make me do.

JPG Classique EDT was one of my several guesses. If JPG wasn't *the one*, it was close enough to it, I thought. The experience of smelling this lady's warm, musky perfume made me pull out my JPG bottle, start wearing it, and fall in love with it all over again.

on 9/22/2012 8:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

I have been wearing this perfume for 8 years now. My French boyfriend originally gave it to me as a birthday present, and I have been wearing it ever since. Men LOVE it. It's too heavy for me for every-day wear, but I spritz one one or two sprays before going out on weekends and I always get compliments on how I smell. I'll wear this forever!

on 3/19/2012 11:45:00 PM

I have to say... In MY OPINION..

I HATE THIS FRAGRANCE! When I was little, mother had one of these & constantly sprayed it & sprayed it! It was awful! It stuffed my nose with such a nasty smell. Blek! I'm sorry ladies, if this is one of YOUR fav.'s I just wanna put it out there, this thing is horrible!!

I originally just bought a small bottle of this on ebay because I wanted to see what all the fuss was about (okay, and because I love the bottle). I wasn't really expecting to like it, since the reviews made it sound too brash for me. And yet, I've absolutely fallen in love!

To me, this perfume is femininity without the woman. It is an enhancement of a strong, graceful, and beautiful woman's scent. Since I have barely any sense of smell (perfumes are one of the few things I can smell at all), few perfumes actually stir up memories for me. Classique is exceptional in that regard.

Classique reminds me of a dressing room during a performance. This might sound like a criticism, but as a dancer I mean this in the best way possible. As you walk into the room, the smell of aerosol hairspray hits you and mingles with the light scent of stage makeup. Then you smell the powdery resin from the ballerina's shoes and even the sweet, warm 'glow' of dancers warming up. And later, as the show ends and the dancers go home, the smell of the old hardwood floors remains.

Needless to say, I will need to buy a larger bottle of this soon.

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This is my all time favorite HG perfume (besides Fragile which has sadly been discontinued). I have been wearing this scent for over 10 years now. It is my go-to scent and really the one that smells like "me". The smell isn't overpowering and has good lasting power for an edt. I always keep a bottle of this around and will continue to buy it so as long as it's available :).