Tom's of Maine Natural Deodorant

Tom's of Maine Natural Deodorant

2.5

Not tested on animals
Tom's of Maine is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 5/28/2017 4:22:00 PM

When will I ever learn. I always want to find that amazing natural deodorant that keeps me from being stinky, but so far it has been an expensive, fruitless search. This is another one to add to the failure pile for me. I liked the way it smelled in the stick (Honeysuckle Rose) but shortly after I put it on, I started to sweat and then stink. It did nothing. Well, it did do something--gave me a red itchy rash...not good.

on 5/7/2017 10:15:00 PM

This product is HORRIBLE. I typically do not even wear deodorant as I don't sweat that much and work in an air conditioned office. However, in the summer, or actives (like weddings, where there will be dancing, etc ) I'll wear deodorant.

This deodorant makes me smell terrible. At first I thought maybe I was eating something that was causing a change. But, then I read reviews very similar to what I was experiencing. I then decided to do a "test". I showered and went without any deodorant - even worked out (I did rinse afterwards.) No smell. The next day I used the deodorant and did NOT workout - and I had horrible smelling armpits by mid afternoon. Like "stress sweat" smell. It was nasty.

Yuck! Never will buy this product again.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I use Tom's toothpaste. I love their environmentally friendly, vegan and natural approach (I'm currently attempting to leave behind any non-vegan, unnatural products.) I like the company, in theory I should like their deoderant, but holy absolute shit, this is the worst deodorant in the entire world. It actually makes me smell worse. Now, I do sweat a lot (I naturally have a tendency to sweat a little more AND I live in a hot climate) but in the past three days that I've had this product the weather has been extremely mild and I've spent very, very little time outside or moving around a lot. I smell so bad while typing this that I now want to go take a shower. My body odor has never smelled even half as bad as they do when I use this. I may as well go without completely.

on 5/12/2016 11:07:00 PM

simply does not work.

I wish wish wish I could say I love this product, because I really love the brand and what it stands by. I also love the fact that Toms stays natural and is free of harmful chemicals.

The unfortunate part is that it doesn't work for me or anyone that I know!! Toms literally makes my armpits smell worse when I apply it then go work out. It's scary how bad I smell. I stand by the company and if it works for you, kudos and I am jealous but in my experience it doesn't do anything to mitigate odor.

Very surprised it keeps sweat away in hot humid days, no rash or irritation. I must one of the few that doesn't get side effects. I usually cannot wear any antiperspirant deodorants due to bumps irritation!! I usually have sensitive skin anywhere with perfume artificial lotions , facials and armpits.

ps: Another trick on none deo days I wipe Lime juice on my underarms after showers. And keeps odor away for me! I do sweat but no smell

on 5/7/2016 7:20:00 PM

Looks like I'm not the only one who's not a fan of this deodorant. I decided to pick this up since I was on the search for a "natural" deodorant. I wanted to avoid anything with aluminum or anything "bad".

First off, the scent. I have the women's one which has the "beautiful earth" scent. it's a nice pleasant scent. Very clean and fresh! However, it turns a bit odd smelling after a while. At first i thought it was "me" but i realized it was the deodorant itself

Thankfully i don't have a huge problem with odor, but of course during the summer when it's hot out and i sweat more, i would like to have the added comfort that i don't "smell". This deodorant does help with the smell somewhat, but I have tried better products out there that cost much less. Since we are on the topic of price, this costed me $6.88CAD at Walmart. To me, that's kind of up there in price compared to other deodorants. Perhaps the "natural" deodorants cost a bit more, but I didn't find this one was worth it.

Now for the packaging. This didn't come with any seal OR protective cover on the product like most deodorants do. For sanitary reasons, this isn't comforting. Also, the lid is quite loose and doesn't feel securely on.

Lastly, this deodorant irritated my skin and my underarms became very sore and tender. Which is strange since this claims to be a "natural" deodorant.

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Honestly it didn't work at all well for me. I purchased toms with hopes that I could find a new "natural" deodorant and it just made me a stinky mess!! It didn't prevent or hault pit sweating and is so flakey that it makes a mess.

Will not buy again

on 4/25/2016 9:29:00 PM

Unfortunately, this product didn't work for me at all. I smelled funky by the end of the day every time I used it alone. I like using it with a different aluminum free deodorant so it wasn't a complete waste but I would never repurchase. There are much better natural products on the market. This was a huge no no.

I like Toms-I use their toothpaste. I am always in search in a natural deodorant ans I understand they will not stop me from sweating. I have tried several of Toms and none of them work for me. I have not had luck with most natural deodorants. I just discovered piperwei and so far it is the only one that seems to keep me odor free all day.