Tom's of Maine Natural Deodorant

Tom's of Maine Natural Deodorant

2.5

Not tested on animals
Tom's of Maine is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I use Tom's toothpaste. I love their environmentally friendly, vegan and natural approach (I'm currently attempting to leave behind any non-vegan, unnatural products.) I like the company, in theory I should like their deoderant, but holy absolute shit, this is the worst deodorant in the entire world. It actually makes me smell worse. Now, I do sweat a lot (I naturally have a tendency to sweat a little more AND I live in a hot climate) but in the past three days that I've had this product the weather has been extremely mild and I've spent very, very little time outside or moving around a lot. I smell so bad while typing this that I now want to go take a shower. My body odor has never smelled even half as bad as they do when I use this. I may as well go without completely.

Very surprised it keeps sweat away in hot humid days, no rash or irritation. I must one of the few that doesn't get side effects. I usually cannot wear any antiperspirant deodorants due to bumps irritation!! I usually have sensitive skin anywhere with perfume artificial lotions , facials and armpits.

ps: Another trick on none deo days I wipe Lime juice on my underarms after showers. And keeps odor away for me! I do sweat but no smell

I wish wish wish I could say I love this product, because I really love the brand and what it stands by. I also love the fact that Toms stays natural and is free of harmful chemicals.

The unfortunate part is that it doesn't work for me or anyone that I know!! Toms literally makes my armpits smell worse when I apply it then go work out. It's scary how bad I smell. I stand by the company and if it works for you, kudos and I am jealous but in my experience it doesn't do anything to mitigate odor.

on 5/12/2016 11:07:00 PM

simply does not work.

on 5/7/2016 7:20:00 PM

Looks like I'm not the only one who's not a fan of this deodorant. I decided to pick this up since I was on the search for a "natural" deodorant. I wanted to avoid anything with aluminum or anything "bad".

First off, the scent. I have the women's one which has the "beautiful earth" scent. it's a nice pleasant scent. Very clean and fresh! However, it turns a bit odd smelling after a while. At first i thought it was "me" but i realized it was the deodorant itself

Thankfully i don't have a huge problem with odor, but of course during the summer when it's hot out and i sweat more, i would like to have the added comfort that i don't "smell". This deodorant does help with the smell somewhat, but I have tried better products out there that cost much less. Since we are on the topic of price, this costed me $6.88CAD at Walmart. To me, that's kind of up there in price compared to other deodorants. Perhaps the "natural" deodorants cost a bit more, but I didn't find this one was worth it.

Now for the packaging. This didn't come with any seal OR protective cover on the product like most deodorants do. For sanitary reasons, this isn't comforting. Also, the lid is quite loose and doesn't feel securely on.

Lastly, this deodorant irritated my skin and my underarms became very sore and tender. Which is strange since this claims to be a "natural" deodorant.

on 4/25/2016 9:29:00 PM

Unfortunately, this product didn't work for me at all. I smelled funky by the end of the day every time I used it alone. I like using it with a different aluminum free deodorant so it wasn't a complete waste but I would never repurchase. There are much better natural products on the market. This was a huge no no.

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Honestly it didn't work at all well for me. I purchased toms with hopes that I could find a new "natural" deodorant and it just made me a stinky mess!! It didn't prevent or hault pit sweating and is so flakey that it makes a mess.

Will not buy again

I like Toms-I use their toothpaste. I am always in search in a natural deodorant ans I understand they will not stop me from sweating. I have tried several of Toms and none of them work for me. I have not had luck with most natural deodorants. I just discovered piperwei and so far it is the only one that seems to keep me odor free all day.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

being what my husband calls a "granola" (aka natural organic and cruelty free product loving hippie) I rejoiced when I saw this at my local big lots in the scent "honeysuckle rose" I was so happy to finally find a deodarant that didn't have aluminum in it. I am not a big sweater so I found that it worked just fine for me on the cooler weather months. However! I wore this during an intense running sesh and when I did the quick sniff check at the end of my workout I could smell my funk seeping through the honeysuckle scent...so in a nutshell..if you're a very sweaty prone individual or if you prefer to smell like candy or perfume and want wetness control than this ain't the product for you my friend. But if you want something a little more on the natural side sans all the chemicals and don't sweat as much then you would probably like this deodarant. I think I'll stick with it for the more cooler months of the year but when I need a little extra funk repellent I'm probably going to be reaching for another deodarant

on 12/16/2015 10:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I don't understand the bad reviews for this product. I sweat profusely and this deodorant works just like every other one. I did have the brown patches after using the Tom's of Maine antiperspirant but it contained aluminium and would make my lymph nodes swell. The one I have right now that works fine is the Long Lasting Women's Deodorant in the scent Beautiful Earth. Works better than the last deodorant I had (Kiss My Face Active Life) and I only experienced problems with it because I had been using antiperspirant all my life prior to that one. My body just needed to adjust. I sweat way less ever since switching to deodorant. It took 3 months for my body to adjust to the Kiss My Face one so don't give up on this unless you get a rash or something.

Popular Deodorants