3.7

package quality

price range

Reviews

9 years ago

Although I love PC's skin care, I don't love this conditioner. About half a year ago I started using silicone-free shampoos and conditioners only. But even before I had banned silicones from my hair (not my skin btw), I found this conditioner to be pretty underwhelming. ------------- PROS: - As it says on the bottle: no colour or fragrances are added. PC doesn't test on animals either. I can't say the same about my favourite conditioner at the moment: Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition Conditioner (fantasic & without silicones). - I find Paula to be pretty knowledgeable when it comes to ingredients. I trust her not to put aggressive cleansers or other harmful ingredients in her shampoo or conditioner. (see CONS however....) ------------- CONS: - Cyclomethicone is the fourth ingredient. I personally find that my hair doens't benefit from using a product that contains silicones. I have fine hair, but a lot of it, so it looks like I have thick hair. It's also long. My hair actually gets more frizzy when using silicones. I used to use a flat iron to tame certain sections of my hair, but I don't need to anymore (true story, I swear!) Plus they weigh the hair down by causing buildup, and also coat the hair so that it dries out in the long run. But I must add to this: not everyone's experiences with silicones are the same. Especially thick coarse hair can benefit from using silicones. - The ingredient list is very short compared to salon conditioners that are almost in the same price range. It actually seems like a very basic cheap conditioner, minus the fragrance and colouring ingredients. I trust Paula to not put in any harmful ingredient (such as alcohol or aggressive cleansing agents), but it seems like she didn't put any beneficial ingredients in this conditioner either. - In Europe it costs around 15 euros. That's about 5 times the amount I want to spend on a conditioner. Before I started using silicone-free products, I would buy salon haircare only. But I've found that using drugstore shampoos and conditioners (or organic ones) that don't contain silicones works perfectly for me. I hardly spend any money on hair care anymore. ------------- Bottom line: I wouldn't waste my money on this conditioner; spend it on her skincare instead. Or look into the shampoo. I've just checked the ingredient list, and it's silicone free! I thought I remembered it did have silicones. Might have to dig it up, try it out and add a review for that one! Also I want to add that one of my friends completely raves about this conditioner (together with the shampoo). She's noticed a difference in her hair and won't use anything else. Everyone's experiences are different :).

About reviewer (29 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

10 years ago

Along with PC Hair & Body Shampoo, this conditioner is as average as it can get, or even below average. Far from state-of-the-art formula, as Paula describes it. I really like it that the conditioner doesn't contain fragrance or colorants… it's actually quite hard to find a decent fragrance-free conditioner. However, I don't feel my hair is left particularly well-conditioned, just heavily coated with silicones. It also leaves my hair quite frizzy. I used a sample.

About reviewer (688 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairRed, Straight, Coarse

3.0

11 years ago

I like the fact that you can buy samples at the Paula's Choice site. So you can test if your skin can tolerate the product. I bought a sample because this conditioner is fragrance free, the sample gave good results so I bought the bottle. But after a few weeks my hair became more and more limp and frizzy (too many silicones?). So I will not buy again.

About reviewer (204 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

11 years ago

This weighs down my hair....it builds up after just a few uses due to the silicones in it. I stopped using it on my hair and use it as a shaving cream instead, and for that, it's just fine.

About reviewer (36 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Other

11 years ago

Currently my HG conditioner.I have oily sensitive scalp and bladness problem.this is the only conditioner without itching or irritated my scalp.My hair was soft and nice but this conditiner don't detangle hair so much. still my favorite conditoner for now.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinVery Oily, Tan

HairBlack

EyesBlack

12 years ago

Wonderful stuff! I got a sample and am having a great hair day. I would highly reccomend this and the shampoo!

About reviewer (159 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

HairBrunette

EyesBrown

12 years ago

i really like this conditioner. unfortunately the matching shampoo did not work for my hair. it makes my hair very soft and even enhances the waves in my hair. i also put a bit extra in my hair after i have dried it to soften the waves.

About reviewer (19 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium

HairRed

12 years ago

I have very fine hair, and this product weighed it down too much. I looked like Zippy the Pinhead every time I wore it. I love Paula's Choice in general, but this is not a good product for fine-haired gals.

About reviewer (178 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Not Sure

HairRed, Wavy, Fine

1.0

12 years ago

I dont know what it is about Paula's products...but I havent found one that I like even a little bit...this was no exception..didnt do a thing to condition or detangle.

About reviewer (376 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Fair

HairBlond

13 years ago

What a great conditioner this is! It is almost impossible to find a completely fragrance-free conditioner, let alone one that rinses clean and leaves your hair with body. That's what this conditioner did to my fine, dry, damaged, and extremely parched hair. It left it looking healthier and feeling softer than it has been in a long time. Paula's packaging is rather plain, and her prices are kind of steep though, but that's not a huge problem for me.

About reviewer (171 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Not Sure