Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat No 2

No TitleTouche Eclat No 2Touche Eclat No 2

3.9

on 12/6/2015 9:13:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is a nice product for when you want minimal highlighting or when you just want to feel fancy, results aren't that astounding or significant but if you're into minimal makeup then this is a good product

This is actually the most ridiculous makeup purchase I have made in 10 years. To start, I do not understand why this product is in the "concealer" section as it conceals absolutely nothing. I realize it is a highlighter but it does not highlight either. I tried it under makeup (on bare skin), over my foundation, over foundation and finishing powder... and it is simply a laughing matter.
In Canada, it is sold for about $35. I purchased it at a L'Oréal sale with a sample mascara in a package for $30 and it was final sale. However, if I could return it, I definitely would.
Essentially, I do not understand what this product is for. It serves zero purpose in my opinion besides looking pretty in the gold tube it comes in.

To Read all 218 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this out of curiousity and the oh so gorgous gold pen design.

Honestly, I think its a waste of money. I do not think its worth the expensive pricing and I can get a better product better than this with lesser money.

I use this as a highlighter but honestly I see no difference.

Tried using as a concealer but the coverage is too thin to be a concealer.

Just trying to finish this off and will not repurchase again.

on 10/21/2015 5:52:00 PM

Sooooo disappointed! This was on my must buy one day list. Sharon Stone once called it "forgivness in a tube". She said that it erased any signs of a heavy night or lack of sleep. Oh boy, this was a massive fail for me. The texture and thickness of the liquid should have been a give away that this was not going to conceal much. It also was pretty much useless as a highlighter. I dislike "click" tubes anyway because you cannot see how much product you have. So I guess it's back to my Bourjois CC eye cream and Elizabeth Arden highlighting powder.

If I have learned anything from this, it is that expensive does not mean anything!

Please take note: the Touché Éclat is formulated as a highlighter, not a concealer. I've read many reviews where users mentioned that this did not conceal their dark circles, and of course, this would not conceal extremely dark circles as this product is meant to draw light to the face.

I have been using this product for years, and it works incredibly well for me. Having used shade No1 in the day, I find it corrects my blue-ish under eye circles but a thicker concealer is needed to fully conceal those eye sacks of mine.

When YSL came out with more shades, I stuck with No2 as the slightly yellow undertone suits my skin better. I have pink undertones but am extremely prone to redness. Before, I could only use No1 on my under eyes, as using it anywhere on my face (as a highlighter) would simply make my face redder as the day goes on. Shade No2, on the other hand, brightens and neutralizes the redness in my skin ever so subtly.

On my combination / oily skin, this does not cake / crease and works fantastically as an overall "face brightener". I'm not very good with powder highlighters, and I find this gives me just enough glow without making me look like an oil slick / disco ball.

I love this so much that I have backups of backups, all bought at the duty free shops in airports. :p

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Love this so much , it offers poreless matte satin finish if you know what I mean .. The only highlighting concealer that does not crease in fine lines under my eyes no matter how long I wear it and never cakes no matter how much I layer it , it becomes like your second skin and never sets on your skin , def will buy again , very expensive for the quantity you get though

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is one of the very few products that I buy again and again. It's a no-brainer for me. Works to cover imperfections, but also manages to highlight areas you wish to add light to. Takes just seconds to apply and blend. Totally brilliant and worth every penny!

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This is more of highlighter than a concealer. I would say this product is perfect for your under eye area, but do not expect it to cover other spots with this, the texture is way too light. Most concealers leave horrible marks on the under eye area, they often reveal all the wrinkles you did not even know you had. On contrary this highlighter does exactly what it is supposed to do, it covers the dark circles and highlights the area. The texture is light , and you only need a drop that goes a long way. The packing is small and easy to carry in your purse .

I would buy it again (if I can afford it) , because the other concealers really do not work for me.

Cons: Overpriced !!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Gorgeous looking product, average application. Unless you know 'how' to use a highlighter this isnt for you, I bought it for under eye concealer and at first was impressed, have brought two since and have gradually concluded that it really doesn't conceal anything!
Maybe I'm older so the under eye darkness has developed, but I don't really see any difference with it on. I don't really get why its become a cult product. its average.
Save yourself some money and buy one from a drugstore, L'Oreal, Rimmel or No7 are half as cheap and basically have better coverage. I don't really recommend this, however its one of those products that make a nice gift!

on 1/27/2015 2:56:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I like ysl products generally because they don't cause breakouts for me. It's basically a highlighter and doesn't work great as a concealer in my opinion. It has a very light formula and doesn't crease on my very dry under-eye area. that's the only reason i buy this over and over. it's very pricey and if you don't have creasing problem, look for other products with better coverage and less pricey.