Fresh Flower Petal Face Mask

No Image

3.8

on 2/18/2007 2:03:00 AM

I loved the idea of this mask, and I was excited to get my hands on some. Like others have said, it does indeed smell lovely, and it doesn't look like other masks. This one is more of a soupy gel than an opaque paste. In any case, I proceeded to put it on my face and oh, did it burn. It burned and burned. Others seem to have been able to survive the burn and get to a stage where it didn't hurt. I never reached that stage. I left this on for 5 minutes at which point it felt like it was eating my skin and I had to wash it off. When I did wash it off my skin looked lovely- oddly enough for something that burned so badly while on my skin. I expected I was going to be all red and blotchy, and that wasn't the case at all. I have no idea what's in this stuff that causes the burn, but I do know that I won't be going back. Life's too short for painful masks.

on 2/18/2007 1:57:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I agree with most of the other reviewers on this. It smells nice, but burns like crazy and doesn't have any long-term benefits. I don't have sensitive skin at all, but this stings so much that every time I put it on I have to stop myself from immediately washing it off. It leaves my skin a little glowy but doesn't seem to help with hydration or exfoliation or anything else. Additionally, it usually leaves my face reddish for a few hours. A nice novelty product but nothing I'd keep to use regularly.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I got a sample size at Neiman Marcus and used it for a couple of times. I can't say it does anything special for my skin but it is a refreshing mask that seems to make me relaxed like having an aroma theropy. I like the rose petals in the mask.

on 11/5/2006 6:13:00 PM

Fresh is vague about what this is supposed to do, but this mask gives my skin a shot of hydration and a glow. It does sting a bit when you first put it on and it smells a bit alcoholic -- I believe sake is an ingredient -- so sensitive types need to be forewarned. I was lucky to pick this up for a fraction of its retail price although I'd say it's well worth its $35 price tag.

on 9/28/2006 9:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Fresh rose mask is a nice product, it does sting a little bit the first time I use it, the process stays calm and pretty, but honestly there isn't much of an moisturizing effective. I do have dry skin, so my standards of masks are very high, my search goes on.

on 7/15/2006 3:43:00 AM

Very effective hydrating mask. I use it before going out and after travelling by plane to brighten up and refresh my complexion. Also, for those with acne-prone skin, apply the rose mask over the umbrian clay mask for even better results than using the clay mask alone. I see great results with consistent use.

on 11/12/2005 11:32:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

This is a nice jelly-type mask that does not dry on the skin. While using this, I felt a slight tingling, almost burning sensation, so I definitely felt like it was doing something, and afterwards my skin felt somehow toned and looked slightly smoother. I will mention that I do not generally have sensitive skin. This smells wonderful, fruity-floral, and very Japanese. I got this in a gift set, but I am not sure if I would pay Fresh's prices for a product like this, no matter how luxurious.

on 9/20/2005 2:24:00 PM

Fresh Flower Petal Face Mask is a new item at Sephora from the Memoirs of a Geisha Collection, inspired by the upcoming film based on the bestselling novel. The mask is imbued with the scent of jasmine, white peach, and rose absolut-- a really soft and refreshing scent that doesn't smell perfumey, thank goodness. The mask itself is made of crushed hibiscus and peony flower petals, two ingredients that "help skin retain moisture and tighten pores", according to the fresh Web site. It also has anti-inflammatory chamomile, stimulating and protective green tea extract, nourishing and mosturizing aloe leaf extract and jojoba seed oil, and and advanced micro micro-algae extract that helps skin retain moisture.

A lot of natural ingredients make this a good mask for sensitive or flared-up skin, like mine. I used this mask once, and it shrunk my pores and gave me a glow immediately after washing it off. I could feel the difference in my skin and see it as well. I love this product and the packaging it comes in as well. It's a gorgeous plum color with asian art on it. Can't wait to try some of the other items in this collection, and to see the movie. Reatails for $35 for a 1.7 oz jar.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Fresh's 'flower petal face mask' is a honored member of the outstanding "Memoirs of a Geisha" limited edition line. It comes in a lovely jar, retails for a relatively reasonable USD 35, and looks to last for quite awhile, though I am not entirely sure what its purpose is. This is not for deep cleansing or hydration, though it does calm and brighten your skin temporarily. The label claims it has the elusive benefits of tightening pores and brightening your face, but what it really does is help you pamper yourself: once you get past the burn, which lasts from 30 seconds to 1 minute depending on when you last exfoliated, you'll be able to enjoy the smell of an assortment of florals, which is a truly unique blend that stands out in the current market.