L'Oreal Excellence Creme

Excellence Creme

3.9

on 11/6/2017 7:19:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I no longer color my hair at home, but Excellence has been around for.eh.ver and back in the day it was a safe, low cost alternative. Decent gray coverage (although back then I had no gray and used this recreationally). Comes in a variety of shades - I tend to choose red or warm toned browns.

No issues.
Not too runny - and did not stain my shower (all good.)

CHEAP!!!!!

on 10/27/2017 1:19:00 PM

Wow, I just went from light brown to middle blonde using tis product! I had been dying my hair light auburn brown for several years with semi permanent colours and I never thought I could really go lighter without visiting a hair dresser or at least bleech my hair and then colour it. Finally I decided to try just to get rid of the brassy redish colour that I had gotten tired of and try an ashy shade. I bought 8.1 light ash blonde and I could hardly believe my eyes but now I look like (or at least very close to) I did before I ever dyed my hair! I have a wonderfully neutral medium blonde (as I was kind of reddish brown before I suppose, it,s not very ashy but natural) and I feel like myself again. Thank you LÓréal!

on 4/6/2017 12:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I used this is A- Very light blonde, i had horrible yellow strips from a bleach job and needed something to correct it, and this product did the job. It came out a very light nice blonde. Will repurchase

on 4/24/2017 8:34:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am reviewing L'Oréal Excellence 8.1 natural ash blonde.
My hair was almost exactly the shade in the middle description on the box.
The product was easy to use, didn't smell too awful,no stinging and the conditioner was nice.
My hair feels in good condition after using BUT there is very little colour difference , the small amount of greys I had are still noticeable.
I didn't have high hopes of an exact match that they forecast, but hoped it might lighten one or two shades.
Also I wouldn't describe the colour as ash, in fact in daylight my hair has a sort of goldy/bronzey tone to it.
All in all I'm disappointed with this product, and I'm still on the hunt for one that does what it says on the box!

on 6/17/2017 10:06:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this hair dye from researching online and reading reviews. I was looking for a drugstore hair dye that has a good color pay off and not so damaging to the hair and at the same time something that isn't too expensive. The color pay off in this is great but it damaged my hair really bad. I air dry it after washing my hair is very very dry im heartbroken. I tried a hair dye from sallys beauty before the price wasn't too far off from this but it wasn't as drying and damaging as what this did to my hair. My hair already grew out and had a haircut from that dye so my hair pretty much as a virgin hair again. This hair dye really breaks my heart I hope I can salvage and heal this hair again. No I won't buy this product or recommend this. Buy one at Sallys beauty. It's better quality

Edit:
After 3 days of dyeing my hair it actually had a good shine now I did however put some coconut oil for 20mins and rinse it after that probably help the dryness. My hair isn't as straw like feel now. So color at your own risk with this one

on 7/21/2016 10:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

The italian version of Preference creme's box is quite different but I guess the formula is the same, so here's my experience with the colour 743 (in Italy, a blonde copper).
As a years long dyed copper red head, this one was the colour I reached more often for, as I could find it almost in every decent drugstore for a reasonable price (9 euros I think?). It's not the bright copper I wished to achieve, but in shortage of better options in town this was the one in multiple occasions (for better copper colours I had to wait for a Russian local shop to replenish their offer from Russia, and oh how amazing it was, 3 euros for extremely beautiful and quality results).
I always had to bleach before using, otherwise it wouldn't have appeared on my brown hair. On the roots it didn't give the best result, as they bleach better than the other parts so it looked like a neon yellow with copper undertones - yikes! Only experience made me understand I had to insist on the roots before colouring the remaining hair. The colour brightness itself lasted about a month, then it became dull and light, almost pale pink. But regrowth was a thing, so I could fight this problem just colouring every month.
It's a great great great product overall, it does an excellent job with no effort. If you're looking for a low mantenaince colour, you should watch somewhere else, as reds wouldn't work for you AT ALL - it can really last no more than 2 months, so be ready to have terrible hair if you don't take proper care of it. :)

I have gotten the best results when I use Excellence. I'm in my late 20s and I already have some grays, and Excellence covers grays really well, better than other dyes I've tried. I love that it comes with a comb applicator, it makes it SO much easier to distribute the dye more thoroughly. I wish all brands had that applicator! Also, the pre-treatment serum makes sure my ends don't soak up too much dye and keeps them soft. The conditioner is nice too.

Because I'm a total cheapskate I normally grab Revlon Colorsilk, but I actually feel that Excellence is a better product and worth the extra few bucks. I've used Dark Golden Brown to jazz up my usual dark brown hair, and Natural Ash Black which is pretty close to my natural color (maybe a touch darker). Excellent coverage and keeps hair in great condition. Definitely recommend.

I love this hair color !! I had been highlighting my medium brown hair for years and wanted a change . Three of my kids have auburn hair and it's gorgeous so I decided I wanted a reddish brown color . I picked up the 6rb at cvs ( light reddish brown ) it's completely gorgeous and natural looking . Nice balance of reddish and gold tones , I really hope they never discontinue it !! I also love the creamy consistency while applying and the comb applicator is nice !

on 7/19/2015 10:31:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hands down best I've used, the color is even, shiny, matches that on the box, covers grays, and lasts about 5 weeks. I have had those who know me ask what color/ brand I'm using because it makes me look ten years younger ( I'm 57) so I think this is a sure winner for me. I use Light Brown Natural

on 6/13/2015 10:41:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this product. I was trying to get rid of diy brassy blond highlights and return to my natural which is a med ash brown. I purchased this product in the med. ash brown and used it only on the hair I wanted to tone. The end result is awesome. All the brassy redness is gone and it is a perfect match to my natural. I always have issues with products going to dark.. this one did not. Would definitely recommend. And my hair was super soft after use. Smell was a little strong bit really all dyes are so not a huge deal.

Popular Hair Color Products