Stila All Over Shimmer Liquid Luminizer 3 - gold [DISCONTINUED]

Stila All Over Shimmer Liquid Luminizer 3 - gold [DISCONTINUED]

4.6

on 1/14/2012 9:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Love!!!! I consider this cheap for the amount you get- $22 for such a big bottle? You use such a small amount of product this will last a long time. I considered buying the tinted moisturizer by Stila w/luminzer but chose this for its versatility. This can be used mixed with foundation or alone, as a highlighter. I used today w/my foundation (NARs sheer glow) and w/my Shiseido color stick in tan. I put it under brow bones, along cheek bones and in bow of my lip. It looks superb! I also love the applicator- the brush is perfect for choosing the amount you want- my sister has a similar luminizer (Lorac luminizer in silver) which has a pump- it puts out way too much- brush is excellent!!!!!!!!

on 5/29/2011 11:35:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

I've tried several luminizer type products in the past. I've tried various powders and creams. This is my first liquid luminizer I've tried.

This is the only luminizer that blends well into my skin. I have dark beige skin that usually uses the "tan" colored foundations in the drugstore. I have olive undertones. (My skin tone strongly resemble people I have seen from southern Italy, to give you an idea of my skin tone.)

Other luminizers have been too light, and too obvious on my skin. Just not flattering. Even when I'd try to blend them and use a bit with my foundation, etc. it just didn't look good at all.

This luminizer looks BEAUTIFUL with my skin tones. It is exactly right for my skin color. It blends in beautifully and doesn't look too obvious. It gives a lovely glow and luminous sheen without screaming "I have a highlighter on."

If you have skin tone/skin color similar to mine and have had trouble finding a luminizer that works for you, please give this one a try as I think you might be very pleased with it.

As others have mentioned, the "nail polish" type applicator is not the best but it's still a very good product overall I think.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I, too, received this as a Beauty Insider sample at Sephora. I love this! I have a very tiny sample bottle, but it's lasted a long time. I do use it sparingly, though. It gives my face a nice warm glow, but it's not too glittery or obvious. My favorite way to wear this is layered over matte eyeshadow, particularly near my browbone. It gives my eyes a nice bit of pop. I love the bottle, it's very cute, and the brush is good for applying. It also never feels sticky or heavy on my skin. I'll definitely buy this when my sample runs out.

on 4/23/2008 4:37:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

As a rule I'm not a fan of gold with makeup (my skin is neutral toned, so the only colours I usually have trouble pulling off are those at the extreme ends of the warm and cool spectrums, which are invariably golds and silvers), but as I love Stila's Peach Liquid Luminizer so much and the reviews here were so good I decided to take the plunge.
I usually just apply it around my orbital bone (I already use Stila's Illuminating Liquid Foundation so I don't need to mix it with my base). Application is really easy with the oversized nail polish-like bottle and the product blends easily and smoothly. The result is more of a glow than a shimmer which gives it a big advantage over powder highlighters which can tend to look glittery in artificial light.
The colour is a soft pale gold, so it's really flattering on me, and makes my skin look luminescent. This shows up more on my skin more than the Peach, especially on my brow bone, so I tend to wear it more for evening.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

This is a beautiful sheer gold highlighter in a bottle similar to that in which nail polish is usually packaged. The little brush is awesome, because it prevents me from globbing on too much - I just put a little dab on my cheekbones, then blend in with my finger. It makes my skin glow without looking gaudy or glittery. There are no chunky particles in this, just a fine, pretty sheen. It also goes on right over my sunscreen without smearing it around or sheering it out, which is a problem I've had with cheaper highlighters. Basically, this is just a great product and I'd buy again if I ever ran out, which is pretty unlikely given the generous amount you get.

on 4/17/2008 4:57:00 PM

This is a great luminizer that is easy to apply to areas of your face that need a bit of a lift. The formula is cool and smooth to apply, and it leaves just a slight shimmer. It gives a great dewey look for summer. I usually dab some on my cheeks and temples, but I'm going to try my browbone and my nose next!

on 5/10/2006 9:38:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This is my favorite liquid highlighter out there. It gives such a natural glow that lasts all day. I usually keep this shimmer only on my cheeks. It doesn't look right as an all-over shimmer on me. When I want more of an all-over glow, I reach for my Smashbox powder highlighter, which is a bit more subtle and natural looking. I have mixed my Stila in with oil-free moisturizer and applied all over my face. The look is pretty, but my skin is combination, and within an hour, my oily t-zone looked soooo shiney. It was impossible to control the "shine" for the rest of the day, because my natural oils were mixing with the illuminating liquid for a super slick effect. Basically, if you have an oily t-zone, keep this product away from your oily spots. I feel that Stila is perfect for the cheeks, but may be a bit over the top, applied all over, for anyone with combination skin, or oily skin, wheras with my Smashbox powder, I can apply it to my forehead, chin and cheeks. I still end up using my Stila Luminizer almost everyday for a healthy, gorgeous glow to my cheeks, that looks great over any blush color, or on its own. Keep in mind, a little goes a long way. A tiny dab should be more than enough to cover your whole face, so do not be put off by the price, because the bottle will last forever!

I very rarely wear blush or highlighter on my face because I like to go for the pale look. When I saw this highlighter it looked so pretty I had to try it, very subtle gold tone with lots of shimmer but not chunky glitter.

The few times I've worn it I've used it to highlight my brows, inner corners of eyes and cheeks. Once I used it to add subtle sparkle to my collarbone for a party. I will continue to use it but not on my cheeks. My face just gets too oily when going to the club or a concert to have foundation, powder and this on. Maybe I will have to find a power highlighter for the cheeks.

I really like this for highlighting eyes and browbone. It blends so well underneath the brows and looks natural yet shimmery, instead of the"yes, I have put highlighter here, isn't it pretty?" look you can get with a lot of eyshadows.

on 10/27/2008 12:37:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I received several tiny samples of this with a Sephora Beauty Insider purchase, and I took it with me when I went to my 10-year class reunion. Hey, if there was ever a time for my skin to glow, it should be after seeing my high-school classmates, right! :) I used it after applying liquid fdtn (MUFE F&B), and before blush and powder...I just painted two stripes on my cheeks and blended them in, then dotted some on my forehead, chin and nose, and blended those as well. I didn't really notice much of a difference until later that night at dinner, when someone else's DH (!!!) told me my skin glowed. :D I save this product for special occasions so I haven't used it much, but if I ever run out of my little samples I'd probably hit Sephora and get some more. ;) I like this product a lot!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I received a very generous sample sachet of this with an order from sephora.com, and I must say that I'm extremely impressed. It's the most natural-looking highlighter I've ever used, period - the shimmer isn't too over-the-top, and there's no glitter whatsoever, just a pretty white-gold glow. I used it on the browbone with UD Maui Wowie on the lid and Smog in the crease, and it was gorgeous. I looked very awake, even though my eyes were rather bloodshot and dark circled before I put on makeup. I don't love the nail-polish style bottle with wide mouth, but it's not much of a problem as long as I open it carefully.