Stila All Over Shimmer Liquid Luminizer 3 - gold [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
Stila All Over Shimmer Liquid Luminizer 3 - gold [DISCONTINUED]

on 10/26/2011 10:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This product is too glittery to use as a highlighter (which is what I originally purchased it for). Also, I'm not a fan of the gold color. It just doesn't look right on my light skin. I gave it to my mom (who is much tanner) and she loves it.

Pros:
Easy to apply
Long Lasting

Cons:
Too much glitter
Gold color

on 12/2/2007 6:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I would buy it (again) tho right now I'm using a Sephora sample. I'm not one for highlighters, generally, but this one I really love because somehow - even tho it's gold - it looks really natural on my NC20ish, yellow-toned skin. (This is what I *thought* GA FluidSheer #10 would be like, but on my skin the GA is too dark & can only be used for "sculpting." Meh.) Anyhow, I draw a light line of the Stila #3 right down the center of my nose, and PRESTO - what a perfectly straight nose I have. When the light hits it, there's a natural gleam (truly!) that just ends up making my nose look really perfect. I've also dabbed just a touch across the top of each cheekbone & that, too, is a lovely, and realistic, look. If you're looking for a natural golden gleam, this is it!

on 9/8/2007 10:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

i have so many luminizers and liquid highlighters that i when i was cleaning out my makeup case i decided to give this one away to my lil sis. After careful deliberation i realized i just couldnt part with it. Of all my highlighters this is the only one i must carry with me in the makeup bag. It is a great sparkly shimmer, not too glittery and not tan or bronzy at all. It blends into my skin perfectly and i luv it. the brush is much more convenient than the pump style of alot of highlighters, it allows you to dab it right where you want it:) i also mix it with my moisterizer or wear it under blush. I dont wear foundation and i really like the way this stuff makes my skin glow & sparkle. Will def. repurchase. Yay stila.

This didn't do anything for me at all. Maybe my skin is too pale for it to show up, but I just could not see any difference at all.

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I bought this because a) I'm obsessed with liquid highlighters and b) the fabulous reviews here were hard to ignore. Do I love it? No. I do like it, however, but it doesn't deliver what Prescriptives Magic seems to do for me so it's up for swap. The Stila provides a warm, sheer wash of color that shows up sparkly in the sunlight. I feel it is "too much" for me in direct sunlight though I do love the color. I already get this effect with my MAC Beauty Powder or Clinique Loose Powder in Gold Dust. One other thing I do not care for is the thicker consistancy of the liquid. It does not seem to apply evenly or very easily. Will not repurcahse. You do get a lot of product for $20, which is a plus.

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

Why arent people raving about this? anyway, this is a wonderful liquid highlighter its perfect for people who use foundation or powder coverage, since it helps the powder stick better and look more velvety, and it blends wonderful with your foundation since it is all liquidy. I have light olive yellow toned skin & i always use the second lightest color in most foundations. This stuff did not make me break out and did not look oily on me. Looks very natural if you dont apply too much. It also gives you that look that celebrities acheive when they have a red carpet event. My holy grail!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Wow, this stuff is so pretty and subtle. I bought it based on the reviews here and I am not disappointed! I ordered it online through Sephora and was worried it wouldn't work well with my extremely oily skin, but I actually put it on today - all over my face - just over moisturizer, and it looks so glow-y and pretty. Adds just enough kick to brighten my face without too much garishness. I had tried Laura Mercier's several months back and ended up returning it; it was just too much "something" for my liking. But this stuff is pleasingly perfect, and I love the brush applicator too, as opposed to most who use a pump. Just loverly! =)