Stila All Over Shimmer Liquid Luminizer 3 - gold [DISCONTINUED]

Stila All Over Shimmer Liquid Luminizer 3 - gold [DISCONTINUED]

3.6

on 10/26/2011 10:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This product is too glittery to use as a highlighter (which is what I originally purchased it for). Also, I'm not a fan of the gold color. It just doesn't look right on my light skin. I gave it to my mom (who is much tanner) and she loves it.

Pros:
Easy to apply
Long Lasting

Cons:
Too much glitter
Gold color

I very rarely wear blush or highlighter on my face because I like to go for the pale look. When I saw this highlighter it looked so pretty I had to try it, very subtle gold tone with lots of shimmer but not chunky glitter.

The few times I've worn it I've used it to highlight my brows, inner corners of eyes and cheeks. Once I used it to add subtle sparkle to my collarbone for a party. I will continue to use it but not on my cheeks. My face just gets too oily when going to the club or a concert to have foundation, powder and this on. Maybe I will have to find a power highlighter for the cheeks.

I really like this for highlighting eyes and browbone. It blends so well underneath the brows and looks natural yet shimmery, instead of the"yes, I have put highlighter here, isn't it pretty?" look you can get with a lot of eyshadows.

on 6/10/2009 12:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I want something to add some "luminosity" to my medium deep to tan skin tone. Unfortunately, I really didn't see any difference when I used this product. Too little would result in no luminosity or shimmer at all and more would leave me with this greasy look. Maybe this just not the right color of shimmer for my skin tone. I also didn't like that the bottle would leak if not stored upright. For the $22 I spent I am disappointed.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

This is a beautiful sheer gold highlighter in a bottle similar to that in which nail polish is usually packaged. The little brush is awesome, because it prevents me from globbing on too much - I just put a little dab on my cheekbones, then blend in with my finger. It makes my skin glow without looking gaudy or glittery. There are no chunky particles in this, just a fine, pretty sheen. It also goes on right over my sunscreen without smearing it around or sheering it out, which is a problem I've had with cheaper highlighters. Basically, this is just a great product and I'd buy again if I ever ran out, which is pretty unlikely given the generous amount you get.

on 5/10/2006 9:38:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This is my favorite liquid highlighter out there. It gives such a natural glow that lasts all day. I usually keep this shimmer only on my cheeks. It doesn't look right as an all-over shimmer on me. When I want more of an all-over glow, I reach for my Smashbox powder highlighter, which is a bit more subtle and natural looking. I have mixed my Stila in with oil-free moisturizer and applied all over my face. The look is pretty, but my skin is combination, and within an hour, my oily t-zone looked soooo shiney. It was impossible to control the "shine" for the rest of the day, because my natural oils were mixing with the illuminating liquid for a super slick effect. Basically, if you have an oily t-zone, keep this product away from your oily spots. I feel that Stila is perfect for the cheeks, but may be a bit over the top, applied all over, for anyone with combination skin, or oily skin, wheras with my Smashbox powder, I can apply it to my forehead, chin and cheeks. I still end up using my Stila Luminizer almost everyday for a healthy, gorgeous glow to my cheeks, that looks great over any blush color, or on its own. Keep in mind, a little goes a long way. A tiny dab should be more than enough to cover your whole face, so do not be put off by the price, because the bottle will last forever!