Stila All Over Shimmer Liquid Luminizer 3 - gold [DISCONTINUED]

Stila All Over Shimmer Liquid Luminizer 3 - gold [DISCONTINUED]

4.1

on 12/16/2009 12:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

So many liquid luminizers are too shimmery/glittery. This one is not - it's a perfect shade of warm candlelight, and the shimmer is fine. Not quite as fine as my beloved BB Beige Shimmerbrick, but for a liquid, it's the finest shimmer I have encountered. I love that this is a liquid so you can mix it with foundations to make them more glowy. I don't care for the nail polish -type of packaging though becuase I never want to contaminate by applying directly to my face, and also when trying to get a good-sized blob in the hand for mixing with foundation, it also is not ideal. I normally like to dab this on my upper cheekbones.

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

I looove this! OMG i would upload a picture of this but it would just be my face looking glowy and beautiful! haha but seriously! when applied on the cheek and blended to the brown bone it gives any olive or yellow toned person the most amazing glow!
i use my fingers or my 190 to blend this color (prefer my fingers though).

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I got this stuff because my friend had it..gave a very slight sheen to her skin. Honestly, I haven't used it much if at all because I feel like it rubs my makeup off if I apply it on top (it is a liquid, after all) and I decided I'm not a fan of applying wet shimmer on my face. I much prefer powder formulas. Plus you have to be careful when it dries. I will try applying it under my brows and in the corners of my eyes, maybe I will like it better that way!

on 10/19/2008 2:38:00 PM

Samples do work! I never had interest in trying this until accumulating a few samples of AOS #3--a few packets and tiny tubes. I love this product, but only use it mainly on my eye (brow bone or alone or over shadows), as I'm not a fan of shimmer on my face. However, it looks very natural on my face when mixed with my moisturizer. The color complements my medium skintone perfectly. I'd rate this a five if the full-size product came in a smaller bottle with pump, or if a handful or mini tubes were packaged in a set. As is, it's not the most portable or hygienic of products.

on 10/14/2008 8:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got this as a Beauty Insider sample at Sephora, and have used it for "going out" nights as a mix-in to my liquid foundation. A little goes a long way, and I am pleased with the look it gives me. However, the terrible packaging is enough that I wouldn't buy a fullsize, especially for the price. It seems to me that this stuff should be in a pump bottle or even a tube. I rather hate the nail-polish applicator. I suppose that some people would find this convenient, but since my purpose would be to mix it in with my foundation, for me not so much. I think I'm better off with my Vanilla pigment and moisturizer as a luminizer than re-buying this product. Nonetheless, this is a very nice product that does what it says it does, and gives the skin a believable, luminized finish. A good product. I just hate the price and packaging.

I mainly use this to highlight my brow bones. I love how it cools my skin. It's very soothing. The color is more silver than gold and is pretty sparkly.

on 12/28/2007 2:01:00 AM

I bought a bottle of this and have basically put it on the backburner because it makes me look a little Tin Man-ish. I like the product well enough and the packaging is cute but it's just not the right color for me.

It comes in a bottle similar to nail polish but bigger. The cap contains a little brush to dab on the product wherever you want it. It's not the most sanitary thing in the world. Considering I would only put this on my cheekbones and maybe my brow bone, it is a huge amount of product for $20. I know that there were other colors in the past, so I'm not sure why they only have this color now. I think a diluted version might be better but I know some girls just mix in with their liquid foundation or tinted moisturizer.

Similar highlighting products include Benefit High Beam and Moon Beam and Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector. I believe Prescriptives and Clinique also have a liquid version out.

on 12/2/2007 6:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I would buy it (again) tho right now I'm using a Sephora sample. I'm not one for highlighters, generally, but this one I really love because somehow - even tho it's gold - it looks really natural on my NC20ish, yellow-toned skin. (This is what I *thought* GA FluidSheer #10 would be like, but on my skin the GA is too dark & can only be used for "sculpting." Meh.) Anyhow, I draw a light line of the Stila #3 right down the center of my nose, and PRESTO - what a perfectly straight nose I have. When the light hits it, there's a natural gleam (truly!) that just ends up making my nose look really perfect. I've also dabbed just a touch across the top of each cheekbone & that, too, is a lovely, and realistic, look. If you're looking for a natural golden gleam, this is it!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I love this product! Mixed with my foundation before hand, it gives me a fantastic glow! In a nice natural way! Great product! The texture is amazing too. Exactly the look i wanted to achieve, a great smooth sheen for a healthy alive look.
I really want to try no. 6 now for summer.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Wow, this stuff is so pretty and subtle. I bought it based on the reviews here and I am not disappointed! I ordered it online through Sephora and was worried it wouldn't work well with my extremely oily skin, but I actually put it on today - all over my face - just over moisturizer, and it looks so glow-y and pretty. Adds just enough kick to brighten my face without too much garishness. I had tried Laura Mercier's several months back and ended up returning it; it was just too much "something" for my liking. But this stuff is pleasingly perfect, and I love the brush applicator too, as opposed to most who use a pump. Just loverly! =)