Stila All Over Shimmer Liquid Luminizer 3 - gold [DISCONTINUED]

Stila All Over Shimmer Liquid Luminizer 3 - gold [DISCONTINUED]

3.8

on 10/26/2011 10:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This product is too glittery to use as a highlighter (which is what I originally purchased it for). Also, I'm not a fan of the gold color. It just doesn't look right on my light skin. I gave it to my mom (who is much tanner) and she loves it.

Pros:
Easy to apply
Long Lasting

Cons:
Too much glitter
Gold color

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

OK, by itself I did not like this product very much. Like every other luminizer out there, it's kind of goopy/streaky/obvious looking, and it would always erase or smudge my concealer/foundation. The only good thing was that it doesn't have huge glittery pieces like some of them. But two weeks ago I would have given this a 2.

BUT THEN... I bought a mini spray bottle (tiny tiny) and filled it with a little bit of water, put some luminizer in, shook it up, and sprayed it on my face a few times. I LOVE IT!! It's just enough sparkle to make me glowy looking all over, but not too crazy looking and you don't have to deal with the application problems. So, I think the product itself is decent, although it blows to have to spend this kind of time and energy figuring out how to make it work for me.

on 5/31/2011 1:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

i bought this as an alternative to to moonbeam.
pearls are wayy more noticeable than moonbeam/highbeam! if you want subtle effect, this is not what you should get.

This product has a nice dewy finish but it doesn't stay on as long as I'd like. The tiny gold shimmers looks amazing in a candlelit room, I love pairing it with Nars' Albatross powder highlighter.

on 12/16/2009 12:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

So many liquid luminizers are too shimmery/glittery. This one is not - it's a perfect shade of warm candlelight, and the shimmer is fine. Not quite as fine as my beloved BB Beige Shimmerbrick, but for a liquid, it's the finest shimmer I have encountered. I love that this is a liquid so you can mix it with foundations to make them more glowy. I don't care for the nail polish -type of packaging though becuase I never want to contaminate by applying directly to my face, and also when trying to get a good-sized blob in the hand for mixing with foundation, it also is not ideal. I normally like to dab this on my upper cheekbones.

on 10/27/2008 12:37:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I received several tiny samples of this with a Sephora Beauty Insider purchase, and I took it with me when I went to my 10-year class reunion. Hey, if there was ever a time for my skin to glow, it should be after seeing my high-school classmates, right! :) I used it after applying liquid fdtn (MUFE F&B), and before blush and powder...I just painted two stripes on my cheeks and blended them in, then dotted some on my forehead, chin and nose, and blended those as well. I didn't really notice much of a difference until later that night at dinner, when someone else's DH (!!!) told me my skin glowed. :D I save this product for special occasions so I haven't used it much, but if I ever run out of my little samples I'd probably hit Sephora and get some more. ;) I like this product a lot!

on 10/14/2008 8:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got this as a Beauty Insider sample at Sephora, and have used it for "going out" nights as a mix-in to my liquid foundation. A little goes a long way, and I am pleased with the look it gives me. However, the terrible packaging is enough that I wouldn't buy a fullsize, especially for the price. It seems to me that this stuff should be in a pump bottle or even a tube. I rather hate the nail-polish applicator. I suppose that some people would find this convenient, but since my purpose would be to mix it in with my foundation, for me not so much. I think I'm better off with my Vanilla pigment and moisturizer as a luminizer than re-buying this product. Nonetheless, this is a very nice product that does what it says it does, and gives the skin a believable, luminized finish. A good product. I just hate the price and packaging.

I actually got this at the CCO near me, hence the rating on the price ... I use this to mix with my winter foundation to give me a dewy look, which looks great in photos. It looks as if I'm radiating from the inside out; it really enhances my medium complexion with golden undertones. My only complain is the weird nail-polish style dispenser. I would prefer a pump for sanitary reasons.

on 4/23/2008 4:37:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

As a rule I'm not a fan of gold with makeup (my skin is neutral toned, so the only colours I usually have trouble pulling off are those at the extreme ends of the warm and cool spectrums, which are invariably golds and silvers), but as I love Stila's Peach Liquid Luminizer so much and the reviews here were so good I decided to take the plunge.
I usually just apply it around my orbital bone (I already use Stila's Illuminating Liquid Foundation so I don't need to mix it with my base). Application is really easy with the oversized nail polish-like bottle and the product blends easily and smoothly. The result is more of a glow than a shimmer which gives it a big advantage over powder highlighters which can tend to look glittery in artificial light.
The colour is a soft pale gold, so it's really flattering on me, and makes my skin look luminescent. This shows up more on my skin more than the Peach, especially on my brow bone, so I tend to wear it more for evening.

I mainly use this to highlight my brow bones. I love how it cools my skin. It's very soothing. The color is more silver than gold and is pretty sparkly.