Stila All Over Shimmer Liquid Luminizer 3 - gold [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Stila All Over Shimmer Liquid Luminizer 3 - gold [DISCONTINUED]

3.8

I prefer a powder highlighter because it seems to be less obvious. This stuff is really pretty but I use it more for party highlighter....like I'm going out and I'm overdoing my makeup. I don't use the brush because it seems to leave an obvious area where I used it. I also use it on my decolletage to add some shimmer. This bottle has lasted me forever so the price is worth it if you use it a lot.

on 1/10/2013 6:50:00 PM

I've used this for years, and have never gotten around to writing a review until now. I love this product,and it's my go-to highlighter. I find many other highlighters are too dark or too pink to pass as highlighters on my fair skin (I'm really pasty, yet olive toned), so I love that this one is both light and golden. I mix it in with liquid foundation, or apply on it's own after foundation. I find that however you choose to use this, it's just right- not too frosty, and gives a lovely luminescent pearly glow. I've repurchased several times over and the bottles are quite large, so they last a long time and are a decent value, considering the amount of product and the quality. Highly recommended!

on 10/26/2011 10:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This product is too glittery to use as a highlighter (which is what I originally purchased it for). Also, I'm not a fan of the gold color. It just doesn't look right on my light skin. I gave it to my mom (who is much tanner) and she loves it.

Pros:
Easy to apply
Long Lasting

Cons:
Too much glitter
Gold color

This product has a nice dewy finish but it doesn't stay on as long as I'd like. The tiny gold shimmers looks amazing in a candlelit room, I love pairing it with Nars' Albatross powder highlighter.

I very rarely wear blush or highlighter on my face because I like to go for the pale look. When I saw this highlighter it looked so pretty I had to try it, very subtle gold tone with lots of shimmer but not chunky glitter.

The few times I've worn it I've used it to highlight my brows, inner corners of eyes and cheeks. Once I used it to add subtle sparkle to my collarbone for a party. I will continue to use it but not on my cheeks. My face just gets too oily when going to the club or a concert to have foundation, powder and this on. Maybe I will have to find a power highlighter for the cheeks.

I really like this for highlighting eyes and browbone. It blends so well underneath the brows and looks natural yet shimmery, instead of the"yes, I have put highlighter here, isn't it pretty?" look you can get with a lot of eyshadows.

Got a sample of this in a swap, and was pretty excited because it looked a lot like Benefit's Moonbeam liquid highlighter, which I love dearly. While it's a similar golden yellow-y hue, it's way to shimmery for my liking. I'd rather have a subtle iridescence then the somewhat noticeable glitter flakes that this stuff has. The liquid is a nice enough consistency and goes on smoothly, but I just wish it were more natural-looking.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I got this stuff because my friend had it..gave a very slight sheen to her skin. Honestly, I haven't used it much if at all because I feel like it rubs my makeup off if I apply it on top (it is a liquid, after all) and I decided I'm not a fan of applying wet shimmer on my face. I much prefer powder formulas. Plus you have to be careful when it dries. I will try applying it under my brows and in the corners of my eyes, maybe I will like it better that way!

I really like this product a lot. It provides a really nice gold shimmer that helps brighten up your face. It is a little expensive, but the container is so big I don't think I will need to repurchase again for a year, at the very least. It comes with a little brush applicator-- it reminds you of nail polish. Maybe a tube applicator would be nice? But overall, a good product.

on 8/2/2008 11:26:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Best highlighter product ever!! There is nothing bad to say about this at all! The gold shimmer is amazing! I use it to highlight my cheekbones, one the bridge of my nose, chin and on my cupids bow. I personally think its a bargain for the price you pay as it lasts ages!! The brush is similiar to nail polish brush what i tend to do is dot it on my face and blend it in rather than streak it as sometimes it can dry quick fast and you are left with a gold streak on your face. The only problem with the product is sometimes when you open it some of the product is round the neck of the jar and its become hard, I dont know if thats happened to anyone else but I just clean it off. A bit annoying as its bacteria can bread there but I use this daily so its never left like that for a long time. Otherwise I definately give this product a five out of five!!

I mainly use this to highlight my brow bones. I love how it cools my skin. It's very soothing. The color is more silver than gold and is pretty sparkly.