Stila All Over Shimmer Liquid Luminizer 3 - gold [DISCONTINUED]

Stila All Over Shimmer Liquid Luminizer 3 - gold [DISCONTINUED]

4.6

on 1/14/2012 9:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Love!!!! I consider this cheap for the amount you get- $22 for such a big bottle? You use such a small amount of product this will last a long time. I considered buying the tinted moisturizer by Stila w/luminzer but chose this for its versatility. This can be used mixed with foundation or alone, as a highlighter. I used today w/my foundation (NARs sheer glow) and w/my Shiseido color stick in tan. I put it under brow bones, along cheek bones and in bow of my lip. It looks superb! I also love the applicator- the brush is perfect for choosing the amount you want- my sister has a similar luminizer (Lorac luminizer in silver) which has a pump- it puts out way too much- brush is excellent!!!!!!!!

This is a lovely addition to my highlighter collection. I use NARS, Benefit, and Fresh, and I still reach for this, often and frequently. I like to dab a little on my cheek bones when I want to look a little more awake than I really am.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I, too, received this as a Beauty Insider sample at Sephora. I love this! I have a very tiny sample bottle, but it's lasted a long time. I do use it sparingly, though. It gives my face a nice warm glow, but it's not too glittery or obvious. My favorite way to wear this is layered over matte eyeshadow, particularly near my browbone. It gives my eyes a nice bit of pop. I love the bottle, it's very cute, and the brush is good for applying. It also never feels sticky or heavy on my skin. I'll definitely buy this when my sample runs out.

on 10/27/2008 12:37:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I received several tiny samples of this with a Sephora Beauty Insider purchase, and I took it with me when I went to my 10-year class reunion. Hey, if there was ever a time for my skin to glow, it should be after seeing my high-school classmates, right! :) I used it after applying liquid fdtn (MUFE F&B), and before blush and powder...I just painted two stripes on my cheeks and blended them in, then dotted some on my forehead, chin and nose, and blended those as well. I didn't really notice much of a difference until later that night at dinner, when someone else's DH (!!!) told me my skin glowed. :D I save this product for special occasions so I haven't used it much, but if I ever run out of my little samples I'd probably hit Sephora and get some more. ;) I like this product a lot!

on 4/23/2008 4:37:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

As a rule I'm not a fan of gold with makeup (my skin is neutral toned, so the only colours I usually have trouble pulling off are those at the extreme ends of the warm and cool spectrums, which are invariably golds and silvers), but as I love Stila's Peach Liquid Luminizer so much and the reviews here were so good I decided to take the plunge.
I usually just apply it around my orbital bone (I already use Stila's Illuminating Liquid Foundation so I don't need to mix it with my base). Application is really easy with the oversized nail polish-like bottle and the product blends easily and smoothly. The result is more of a glow than a shimmer which gives it a big advantage over powder highlighters which can tend to look glittery in artificial light.
The colour is a soft pale gold, so it's really flattering on me, and makes my skin look luminescent. This shows up more on my skin more than the Peach, especially on my brow bone, so I tend to wear it more for evening.

on 12/2/2007 6:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I would buy it (again) tho right now I'm using a Sephora sample. I'm not one for highlighters, generally, but this one I really love because somehow - even tho it's gold - it looks really natural on my NC20ish, yellow-toned skin. (This is what I *thought* GA FluidSheer #10 would be like, but on my skin the GA is too dark & can only be used for "sculpting." Meh.) Anyhow, I draw a light line of the Stila #3 right down the center of my nose, and PRESTO - what a perfectly straight nose I have. When the light hits it, there's a natural gleam (truly!) that just ends up making my nose look really perfect. I've also dabbed just a touch across the top of each cheekbone & that, too, is a lovely, and realistic, look. If you're looking for a natural golden gleam, this is it!

on 9/8/2007 10:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

i have so many luminizers and liquid highlighters that i when i was cleaning out my makeup case i decided to give this one away to my lil sis. After careful deliberation i realized i just couldnt part with it. Of all my highlighters this is the only one i must carry with me in the makeup bag. It is a great sparkly shimmer, not too glittery and not tan or bronzy at all. It blends into my skin perfectly and i luv it. the brush is much more convenient than the pump style of alot of highlighters, it allows you to dab it right where you want it:) i also mix it with my moisterizer or wear it under blush. I dont wear foundation and i really like the way this stuff makes my skin glow & sparkle. Will def. repurchase. Yay stila.

on 5/4/2007 2:26:00 PM

Stila All Over Shimmer in number 3 is a gold liquid highlighter. It's easy to mix with your foundation or with your TM. Normally I just apply it on the cheek bones (before blush) and on the brow bone to highlight.

I'm a big Stila fan. However, although I like Stila's highlighters I wouldn't repurchase this one just because the gold doesn't suit my skin tone very well. Great for special occasions but for everyday use I prefer a highlighter with more pink/champagne pearly tones in it. So to sum it up, the product is great but the shade isn't for me. I'll try other shades though!

For reference: I'm a pale blonde w/ blue eyes.

continued >>

I am so inlove with this stuff, it makes me look nice & awake when i pair it with my Biotherm foundation. my sister bought this for herself back in x-mas 2005, and i stole a dab to wear for a night out... let me tell you, my boyfriend asked me what did i do to myself (in a good way lol), and kept on asking if i did a facial. What i like about this is that its not pinkish at all, and doesnt look fake. It gives you a nice natural look, and doesnt make you look all greasy or oily like most liquid highlighters do. What strikes me as strange though is that i cannot really tell that i have it on when i look in the mirror, but somehow people keep on complimenting me on me skin. Perhaps i apply to little. This is also cheap compared to most stila products, and you get a plentiful amount that lasts long.

overall this is the best luminizer, highlighter, primer, whatever you wanna call it, liquid makeup that i have ever tried.