Stila All Over Shimmer Liquid Luminizer 3 - gold [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin type : Dry
Stila All Over Shimmer Liquid Luminizer 3 - gold [DISCONTINUED]

4.6

awesome!! I got this as a sample awhile back (running out now, so I have to actually buy it). I use it on my eyelids and under my eyebrows every day.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I love this product! Mixed with my foundation before hand, it gives me a fantastic glow! In a nice natural way! Great product! The texture is amazing too. Exactly the look i wanted to achieve, a great smooth sheen for a healthy alive look.
I really want to try no. 6 now for summer.

on 9/20/2005 10:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I love this luminizer--I walked around Sephora and tested every single liquid highlighter, and this was my favorite hands down. First of all, it is really hard to find a golden highlighter that doesn't have bronze to it. I like that this gives a warm glow without looking like you're trying to fake a tan. I love that it has so many uses--I will probably most often add it to my moisturizer and cream blush for a bit of shimmer for daytime, but it has the potential to be more dramatic swept across the cheekbones for night, or on the eyes, lips, etc. It seems to stay put quite well, although I will have to test drive it a few more times to make sure. I also agree with sara13 that the brush applicator is nice and allows more control than the pump style of most luminizers. Overall a wonderful product...highly recommend!

I actually got this at the CCO near me, hence the rating on the price ... I use this to mix with my winter foundation to give me a dewy look, which looks great in photos. It looks as if I'm radiating from the inside out; it really enhances my medium complexion with golden undertones. My only complain is the weird nail-polish style dispenser. I would prefer a pump for sanitary reasons.

on 9/18/2005 11:29:00 PM

Nice liquid highlighter that can be blended with foundation, body lotion, eyeshadow, etc. to illuminate any area. More versatile than their cream and powder formulations, and good price point for the generous amount
Comparison with Giorgio Armani fluid sheer 2
Since I'm a big fan of each of these two brands, I decided to compare Stila's new liquid luminizer and GA fluid sheer 2.

For starters, there's a big price difference. Stila's is 0.85 oz for $20 (or $23.53 per oz.), whereas GA is $52.50 for 1 oz.

GA comes in a pump style, and Stila comes in a bottle with a nail polish type applicator. While the GA is more sanitary and spillproof, the Stila is much easier to control the amount used, and in some sense is easier to apply since you can do it directly to the area you want if desired.

Once applied, the two are almost identical. GA is perhaps slightly more shimmery w/ maybe a *tad* more of a whitish gold tinge, while Stila is a straight yellow gold. The two area nearly identical, however, and differences are very slight. (Couldn't take a pic because the shimmer reflects poorly on my camera.)

The only other notable difference is that GA has a definite odor, kind of like just a foundation odor, that I did not notice with Stila.

All in all, for the price point, I'd definitely opt for Stila, and I actually prefer the Stila applicator. On GA's side, though, they still have far more colors available in their fluid sheer collection (Stila only has three luminizers).
continued >>