Stila All Over Shimmer Liquid Luminizer 3 - gold [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by age: 30-35
Stila All Over Shimmer Liquid Luminizer 3 - gold [DISCONTINUED]

I prefer a powder highlighter because it seems to be less obvious. This stuff is really pretty but I use it more for party highlighter....like I'm going out and I'm overdoing my makeup. I don't use the brush because it seems to leave an obvious area where I used it. I also use it on my decolletage to add some shimmer. This bottle has lasted me forever so the price is worth it if you use it a lot.

on 12/16/2009 12:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

So many liquid luminizers are too shimmery/glittery. This one is not - it's a perfect shade of warm candlelight, and the shimmer is fine. Not quite as fine as my beloved BB Beige Shimmerbrick, but for a liquid, it's the finest shimmer I have encountered. I love that this is a liquid so you can mix it with foundations to make them more glowy. I don't care for the nail polish -type of packaging though becuase I never want to contaminate by applying directly to my face, and also when trying to get a good-sized blob in the hand for mixing with foundation, it also is not ideal. I normally like to dab this on my upper cheekbones.

on 10/19/2008 2:38:00 PM

Samples do work! I never had interest in trying this until accumulating a few samples of AOS #3--a few packets and tiny tubes. I love this product, but only use it mainly on my eye (brow bone or alone or over shadows), as I'm not a fan of shimmer on my face. However, it looks very natural on my face when mixed with my moisturizer. The color complements my medium skintone perfectly. I'd rate this a five if the full-size product came in a smaller bottle with pump, or if a handful or mini tubes were packaged in a set. As is, it's not the most portable or hygienic of products.

on 4/23/2008 4:37:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

As a rule I'm not a fan of gold with makeup (my skin is neutral toned, so the only colours I usually have trouble pulling off are those at the extreme ends of the warm and cool spectrums, which are invariably golds and silvers), but as I love Stila's Peach Liquid Luminizer so much and the reviews here were so good I decided to take the plunge.
I usually just apply it around my orbital bone (I already use Stila's Illuminating Liquid Foundation so I don't need to mix it with my base). Application is really easy with the oversized nail polish-like bottle and the product blends easily and smoothly. The result is more of a glow than a shimmer which gives it a big advantage over powder highlighters which can tend to look glittery in artificial light.
The colour is a soft pale gold, so it's really flattering on me, and makes my skin look luminescent. This shows up more on my skin more than the Peach, especially on my brow bone, so I tend to wear it more for evening.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

This is a beautiful sheer gold highlighter in a bottle similar to that in which nail polish is usually packaged. The little brush is awesome, because it prevents me from globbing on too much - I just put a little dab on my cheekbones, then blend in with my finger. It makes my skin glow without looking gaudy or glittery. There are no chunky particles in this, just a fine, pretty sheen. It also goes on right over my sunscreen without smearing it around or sheering it out, which is a problem I've had with cheaper highlighters. Basically, this is just a great product and I'd buy again if I ever ran out, which is pretty unlikely given the generous amount you get.

on 8/25/2007 3:50:00 PM

It's not my favorite highlighter. It doesn't show properly on my skin, all I can see is glitter. Maybe it doesn't work because I'm fair with some yellow undertone.
If it worked I wouldn't be expensive because I can see it lasting for a long tim even using daily.
I'm giving it to my sister.

on 6/24/2007 11:00:00 PM

I agree with the last poster. This product is wonderful! I am African American and am a medium brown color and this gives my skin a beautiful glow. I get so many compliments on my skin. People don't think I'm wearing anything...lol. I also use this with my bare minerals products (warmth is a bronzer of sorts, and I also use the tinted mineral veil)--the result is perfect skin. I love that people don't believe I'm wearing makeup. I use this product on my cheeks, tip of nose, browbone and sometimes I highlight my eyewbrows with it (right beneath). I now love Stila!

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I bought this because a) I'm obsessed with liquid highlighters and b) the fabulous reviews here were hard to ignore. Do I love it? No. I do like it, however, but it doesn't deliver what Prescriptives Magic seems to do for me so it's up for swap. The Stila provides a warm, sheer wash of color that shows up sparkly in the sunlight. I feel it is "too much" for me in direct sunlight though I do love the color. I already get this effect with my MAC Beauty Powder or Clinique Loose Powder in Gold Dust. One other thing I do not care for is the thicker consistancy of the liquid. It does not seem to apply evenly or very easily. Will not repurcahse. You do get a lot of product for $20, which is a plus.

Very nice and subtle shimmer. . . . I use it on top of my cheek bones and brow bones. . . can't wait to try it on my collar bone and shoulders.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I love this product! Mixed with my foundation before hand, it gives me a fantastic glow! In a nice natural way! Great product! The texture is amazing too. Exactly the look i wanted to achieve, a great smooth sheen for a healthy alive look.
I really want to try no. 6 now for summer.