Stila All Over Shimmer Liquid Luminizer 3 - gold [DISCONTINUED]

Stila All Over Shimmer Liquid Luminizer 3 - gold [DISCONTINUED]

4.1

on 1/10/2013 6:50:00 PM

I've used this for years, and have never gotten around to writing a review until now. I love this product,and it's my go-to highlighter. I find many other highlighters are too dark or too pink to pass as highlighters on my fair skin (I'm really pasty, yet olive toned), so I love that this one is both light and golden. I mix it in with liquid foundation, or apply on it's own after foundation. I find that however you choose to use this, it's just right- not too frosty, and gives a lovely luminescent pearly glow. I've repurchased several times over and the bottles are quite large, so they last a long time and are a decent value, considering the amount of product and the quality. Highly recommended!

on 1/14/2012 9:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Love!!!! I consider this cheap for the amount you get- $22 for such a big bottle? You use such a small amount of product this will last a long time. I considered buying the tinted moisturizer by Stila w/luminzer but chose this for its versatility. This can be used mixed with foundation or alone, as a highlighter. I used today w/my foundation (NARs sheer glow) and w/my Shiseido color stick in tan. I put it under brow bones, along cheek bones and in bow of my lip. It looks superb! I also love the applicator- the brush is perfect for choosing the amount you want- my sister has a similar luminizer (Lorac luminizer in silver) which has a pump- it puts out way too much- brush is excellent!!!!!!!!

on 7/28/2011 6:24:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This product must be the best kept secret in the industry. If I forget to put it on I don't even look like my look is complete. It adds a gorgeous glow from within look. In the summer people always ask me if I just got back from an exotic vacation. It is really that good. A little last a long time, so worth every golden penny.

on 5/29/2011 11:35:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

I've tried several luminizer type products in the past. I've tried various powders and creams. This is my first liquid luminizer I've tried.

This is the only luminizer that blends well into my skin. I have dark beige skin that usually uses the "tan" colored foundations in the drugstore. I have olive undertones. (My skin tone strongly resemble people I have seen from southern Italy, to give you an idea of my skin tone.)

Other luminizers have been too light, and too obvious on my skin. Just not flattering. Even when I'd try to blend them and use a bit with my foundation, etc. it just didn't look good at all.

This luminizer looks BEAUTIFUL with my skin tones. It is exactly right for my skin color. It blends in beautifully and doesn't look too obvious. It gives a lovely glow and luminous sheen without screaming "I have a highlighter on."

If you have skin tone/skin color similar to mine and have had trouble finding a luminizer that works for you, please give this one a try as I think you might be very pleased with it.

As others have mentioned, the "nail polish" type applicator is not the best but it's still a very good product overall I think.

on 2/11/2011 7:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I use this on my brow bone and it looks amazing. I think it's a little too much shimmer to put on the rest of my face though. I don't think I'll ever run out of this! But if I do, I will definitely repurchase.

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

I looove this! OMG i would upload a picture of this but it would just be my face looking glowy and beautiful! haha but seriously! when applied on the cheek and blended to the brown bone it gives any olive or yellow toned person the most amazing glow!
i use my fingers or my 190 to blend this color (prefer my fingers though).

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I, too, received this as a Beauty Insider sample at Sephora. I love this! I have a very tiny sample bottle, but it's lasted a long time. I do use it sparingly, though. It gives my face a nice warm glow, but it's not too glittery or obvious. My favorite way to wear this is layered over matte eyeshadow, particularly near my browbone. It gives my eyes a nice bit of pop. I love the bottle, it's very cute, and the brush is good for applying. It also never feels sticky or heavy on my skin. I'll definitely buy this when my sample runs out.

on 8/2/2008 11:26:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Best highlighter product ever!! There is nothing bad to say about this at all! The gold shimmer is amazing! I use it to highlight my cheekbones, one the bridge of my nose, chin and on my cupids bow. I personally think its a bargain for the price you pay as it lasts ages!! The brush is similiar to nail polish brush what i tend to do is dot it on my face and blend it in rather than streak it as sometimes it can dry quick fast and you are left with a gold streak on your face. The only problem with the product is sometimes when you open it some of the product is round the neck of the jar and its become hard, I dont know if thats happened to anyone else but I just clean it off. A bit annoying as its bacteria can bread there but I use this daily so its never left like that for a long time. Otherwise I definately give this product a five out of five!!

awesome!! I got this as a sample awhile back (running out now, so I have to actually buy it). I use it on my eyelids and under my eyebrows every day.

on 4/23/2008 4:37:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

As a rule I'm not a fan of gold with makeup (my skin is neutral toned, so the only colours I usually have trouble pulling off are those at the extreme ends of the warm and cool spectrums, which are invariably golds and silvers), but as I love Stila's Peach Liquid Luminizer so much and the reviews here were so good I decided to take the plunge.
I usually just apply it around my orbital bone (I already use Stila's Illuminating Liquid Foundation so I don't need to mix it with my base). Application is really easy with the oversized nail polish-like bottle and the product blends easily and smoothly. The result is more of a glow than a shimmer which gives it a big advantage over powder highlighters which can tend to look glittery in artificial light.
The colour is a soft pale gold, so it's really flattering on me, and makes my skin look luminescent. This shows up more on my skin more than the Peach, especially on my brow bone, so I tend to wear it more for evening.