Stila All Over Shimmer Liquid Luminizer 3 - gold [DISCONTINUED]

Stila All Over Shimmer Liquid Luminizer 3 - gold [DISCONTINUED]

4.1

I prefer a powder highlighter because it seems to be less obvious. This stuff is really pretty but I use it more for party highlighter....like I'm going out and I'm overdoing my makeup. I don't use the brush because it seems to leave an obvious area where I used it. I also use it on my decolletage to add some shimmer. This bottle has lasted me forever so the price is worth it if you use it a lot.

on 10/26/2011 10:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This product is too glittery to use as a highlighter (which is what I originally purchased it for). Also, I'm not a fan of the gold color. It just doesn't look right on my light skin. I gave it to my mom (who is much tanner) and she loves it.

Pros:
Easy to apply
Long Lasting

Cons:
Too much glitter
Gold color

on 5/31/2011 1:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

i bought this as an alternative to to moonbeam.
pearls are wayy more noticeable than moonbeam/highbeam! if you want subtle effect, this is not what you should get.

on 6/10/2009 12:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I want something to add some "luminosity" to my medium deep to tan skin tone. Unfortunately, I really didn't see any difference when I used this product. Too little would result in no luminosity or shimmer at all and more would leave me with this greasy look. Maybe this just not the right color of shimmer for my skin tone. I also didn't like that the bottle would leak if not stored upright. For the $22 I spent I am disappointed.

on 1/2/2009 12:23:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I was so excited to try this. I used this on my brow bone, on tops of apples of cheeks, and on the inner corner of my eyes.

First, you need to dab this onto your skin right away or else you'll have a gold streak mark that is visible close up of where you applied this. It looks decent under the brow bone, very subtle in the inner corner of the eyes, but noticeable and not very pretty as a highlighter on the cheekbones. I think I will have to look for a better powder highlighter, as liquids just aren't for me.

on 8/25/2007 3:50:00 PM

It's not my favorite highlighter. It doesn't show properly on my skin, all I can see is glitter. Maybe it doesn't work because I'm fair with some yellow undertone.
If it worked I wouldn't be expensive because I can see it lasting for a long tim even using daily.
I'm giving it to my sister.

This didn't do anything for me at all. Maybe my skin is too pale for it to show up, but I just could not see any difference at all.

Got a sample of this in a swap, and was pretty excited because it looked a lot like Benefit's Moonbeam liquid highlighter, which I love dearly. While it's a similar golden yellow-y hue, it's way to shimmery for my liking. I'd rather have a subtle iridescence then the somewhat noticeable glitter flakes that this stuff has. The liquid is a nice enough consistency and goes on smoothly, but I just wish it were more natural-looking.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I got this stuff because my friend had it..gave a very slight sheen to her skin. Honestly, I haven't used it much if at all because I feel like it rubs my makeup off if I apply it on top (it is a liquid, after all) and I decided I'm not a fan of applying wet shimmer on my face. I much prefer powder formulas. Plus you have to be careful when it dries. I will try applying it under my brows and in the corners of my eyes, maybe I will like it better that way!

on 10/14/2008 8:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got this as a Beauty Insider sample at Sephora, and have used it for "going out" nights as a mix-in to my liquid foundation. A little goes a long way, and I am pleased with the look it gives me. However, the terrible packaging is enough that I wouldn't buy a fullsize, especially for the price. It seems to me that this stuff should be in a pump bottle or even a tube. I rather hate the nail-polish applicator. I suppose that some people would find this convenient, but since my purpose would be to mix it in with my foundation, for me not so much. I think I'm better off with my Vanilla pigment and moisturizer as a luminizer than re-buying this product. Nonetheless, this is a very nice product that does what it says it does, and gives the skin a believable, luminized finish. A good product. I just hate the price and packaging.