Stila All Over Shimmer Liquid Luminizer 3 - gold [DISCONTINUED]

4.5

on 7/28/2011 6:24:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This product must be the best kept secret in the industry. If I forget to put it on I don't even look like my look is complete. It adds a gorgeous glow from within look. In the summer people always ask me if I just got back from an exotic vacation. It is really that good. A little last a long time, so worth every golden penny.

on 5/29/2011 11:35:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

I've tried several luminizer type products in the past. I've tried various powders and creams. This is my first liquid luminizer I've tried.

This is the only luminizer that blends well into my skin. I have dark beige skin that usually uses the "tan" colored foundations in the drugstore. I have olive undertones. (My skin tone strongly resemble people I have seen from southern Italy, to give you an idea of my skin tone.)

Other luminizers have been too light, and too obvious on my skin. Just not flattering. Even when I'd try to blend them and use a bit with my foundation, etc. it just didn't look good at all.

This luminizer looks BEAUTIFUL with my skin tones. It is exactly right for my skin color. It blends in beautifully and doesn't look too obvious. It gives a lovely glow and luminous sheen without screaming "I have a highlighter on."

If you have skin tone/skin color similar to mine and have had trouble finding a luminizer that works for you, please give this one a try as I think you might be very pleased with it.

As others have mentioned, the "nail polish" type applicator is not the best but it's still a very good product overall I think.

on 5/10/2006 9:38:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This is my favorite liquid highlighter out there. It gives such a natural glow that lasts all day. I usually keep this shimmer only on my cheeks. It doesn't look right as an all-over shimmer on me. When I want more of an all-over glow, I reach for my Smashbox powder highlighter, which is a bit more subtle and natural looking. I have mixed my Stila in with oil-free moisturizer and applied all over my face. The look is pretty, but my skin is combination, and within an hour, my oily t-zone looked soooo shiney. It was impossible to control the "shine" for the rest of the day, because my natural oils were mixing with the illuminating liquid for a super slick effect. Basically, if you have an oily t-zone, keep this product away from your oily spots. I feel that Stila is perfect for the cheeks, but may be a bit over the top, applied all over, for anyone with combination skin, or oily skin, wheras with my Smashbox powder, I can apply it to my forehead, chin and cheeks. I still end up using my Stila Luminizer almost everyday for a healthy, gorgeous glow to my cheeks, that looks great over any blush color, or on its own. Keep in mind, a little goes a long way. A tiny dab should be more than enough to cover your whole face, so do not be put off by the price, because the bottle will last forever!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Wow, this stuff is so pretty and subtle. I bought it based on the reviews here and I am not disappointed! I ordered it online through Sephora and was worried it wouldn't work well with my extremely oily skin, but I actually put it on today - all over my face - just over moisturizer, and it looks so glow-y and pretty. Adds just enough kick to brighten my face without too much garishness. I had tried Laura Mercier's several months back and ended up returning it; it was just too much "something" for my liking. But this stuff is pleasingly perfect, and I love the brush applicator too, as opposed to most who use a pump. Just loverly! =)

on 10/2/2005 3:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This is a great product! I was intrigued after seeing it on QVC's presentation but waited a few weeks to see it in person at Sephora. I was very pleased in the store because it is a GOLD color... not bronze... no red undertones... just golden shimmer. And it's an awesome "brightener". It's not greasy in the least which is important because I have extremely oily skin. Leaves a great silky-feeling finish. I'm NC42 and this shows up nicely but not overpoweringly so. The lil brush inside the cap is good for controlled application of the product and then I just blend with fingertips or brush. The value is great when you look at the amount you get for the price. I'm very impressed!

on 5/29/2007 7:21:00 AM

This was one of my free samples in my last Sephora order. I think this is a really nice luminizer. Don't go overboard with this though - just a bit on the cheekbones and browbones is sufficient to get that glowy, dewey look. I would like to try this in the peach color next for summer.

on 11/29/2006 7:25:00 PM

I like Stil's All Over Shimmer, but because it's a cream, it's a bit harder to apply and much more obvious. This one is a lighter liquid that's perfect for the face, and the color is very attractive. I use it in the summer mixed with some Neutrogena skin clearing tint and have started using it in the winter alone, on the top of my cheekbones and on my brows, and even a little swipe on my eyelids, as I don't usually wear any eye makeup. Great product, as is most of Stila's stuff.

on 10/14/2008 8:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got this as a Beauty Insider sample at Sephora, and have used it for "going out" nights as a mix-in to my liquid foundation. A little goes a long way, and I am pleased with the look it gives me. However, the terrible packaging is enough that I wouldn't buy a fullsize, especially for the price. It seems to me that this stuff should be in a pump bottle or even a tube. I rather hate the nail-polish applicator. I suppose that some people would find this convenient, but since my purpose would be to mix it in with my foundation, for me not so much. I think I'm better off with my Vanilla pigment and moisturizer as a luminizer than re-buying this product. Nonetheless, this is a very nice product that does what it says it does, and gives the skin a believable, luminized finish. A good product. I just hate the price and packaging.