Stila All Over Shimmer Liquid Luminizer 3 - gold [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by age: 25-29
Stila All Over Shimmer Liquid Luminizer 3 - gold [DISCONTINUED]

3.7

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

OK, by itself I did not like this product very much. Like every other luminizer out there, it's kind of goopy/streaky/obvious looking, and it would always erase or smudge my concealer/foundation. The only good thing was that it doesn't have huge glittery pieces like some of them. But two weeks ago I would have given this a 2.

BUT THEN... I bought a mini spray bottle (tiny tiny) and filled it with a little bit of water, put some luminizer in, shook it up, and sprayed it on my face a few times. I LOVE IT!! It's just enough sparkle to make me glowy looking all over, but not too crazy looking and you don't have to deal with the application problems. So, I think the product itself is decent, although it blows to have to spend this kind of time and energy figuring out how to make it work for me.

I very rarely wear blush or highlighter on my face because I like to go for the pale look. When I saw this highlighter it looked so pretty I had to try it, very subtle gold tone with lots of shimmer but not chunky glitter.

The few times I've worn it I've used it to highlight my brows, inner corners of eyes and cheeks. Once I used it to add subtle sparkle to my collarbone for a party. I will continue to use it but not on my cheeks. My face just gets too oily when going to the club or a concert to have foundation, powder and this on. Maybe I will have to find a power highlighter for the cheeks.

I really like this for highlighting eyes and browbone. It blends so well underneath the brows and looks natural yet shimmery, instead of the"yes, I have put highlighter here, isn't it pretty?" look you can get with a lot of eyshadows.

on 6/10/2009 12:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I want something to add some "luminosity" to my medium deep to tan skin tone. Unfortunately, I really didn't see any difference when I used this product. Too little would result in no luminosity or shimmer at all and more would leave me with this greasy look. Maybe this just not the right color of shimmer for my skin tone. I also didn't like that the bottle would leak if not stored upright. For the $22 I spent I am disappointed.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I got this stuff because my friend had it..gave a very slight sheen to her skin. Honestly, I haven't used it much if at all because I feel like it rubs my makeup off if I apply it on top (it is a liquid, after all) and I decided I'm not a fan of applying wet shimmer on my face. I much prefer powder formulas. Plus you have to be careful when it dries. I will try applying it under my brows and in the corners of my eyes, maybe I will like it better that way!

on 10/27/2008 12:37:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I received several tiny samples of this with a Sephora Beauty Insider purchase, and I took it with me when I went to my 10-year class reunion. Hey, if there was ever a time for my skin to glow, it should be after seeing my high-school classmates, right! :) I used it after applying liquid fdtn (MUFE F&B), and before blush and powder...I just painted two stripes on my cheeks and blended them in, then dotted some on my forehead, chin and nose, and blended those as well. I didn't really notice much of a difference until later that night at dinner, when someone else's DH (!!!) told me my skin glowed. :D I save this product for special occasions so I haven't used it much, but if I ever run out of my little samples I'd probably hit Sephora and get some more. ;) I like this product a lot!

on 4/17/2008 10:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I love, love, love this product! I mix a little with my foundation and it gives me a nice dewy luminous glow. Its beautiful of the eyelids, and I also really like to put some on my legs whenever I feel the need to show them off a bit. The color is also ideal for anyone. Its nail-polish-like packaging also really helps to make sure that you don't end up adding more than you really need (I had a sample pouch of this before, and although I liked the product, squeezing made it impossible to get just the right amount). This is a great highlighter for anybody new to contouring, too. Basically, anything that works well and is multi-purpose is good for me!

This didn't do anything for me at all. Maybe my skin is too pale for it to show up, but I just could not see any difference at all.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I've had this for several months and love it! I have yellow toned Asian skin (MAC NC35) and I use this on my cheekbones for a dewey look. I wore it on my honeymoon in December and the pictures looked great. It gives a nice glow without being OTT and not too glittery at all. I don't use it everyday but I save it for special occasions. Could also be used on your chest or eyebrow bone. The color is a great versatile shimmery soft gold. It's very sheer and blendable and buildable. I just love this.

on 9/20/2005 10:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I love this luminizer--I walked around Sephora and tested every single liquid highlighter, and this was my favorite hands down. First of all, it is really hard to find a golden highlighter that doesn't have bronze to it. I like that this gives a warm glow without looking like you're trying to fake a tan. I love that it has so many uses--I will probably most often add it to my moisturizer and cream blush for a bit of shimmer for daytime, but it has the potential to be more dramatic swept across the cheekbones for night, or on the eyes, lips, etc. It seems to stay put quite well, although I will have to test drive it a few more times to make sure. I also agree with sara13 that the brush applicator is nice and allows more control than the pump style of most luminizers. Overall a wonderful product...highly recommend!

on 9/18/2005 11:29:00 PM

Nice liquid highlighter that can be blended with foundation, body lotion, eyeshadow, etc. to illuminate any area. More versatile than their cream and powder formulations, and good price point for the generous amount
Comparison with Giorgio Armani fluid sheer 2
Since I'm a big fan of each of these two brands, I decided to compare Stila's new liquid luminizer and GA fluid sheer 2.

For starters, there's a big price difference. Stila's is 0.85 oz for $20 (or $23.53 per oz.), whereas GA is $52.50 for 1 oz.

GA comes in a pump style, and Stila comes in a bottle with a nail polish type applicator. While the GA is more sanitary and spillproof, the Stila is much easier to control the amount used, and in some sense is easier to apply since you can do it directly to the area you want if desired.

Once applied, the two are almost identical. GA is perhaps slightly more shimmery w/ maybe a *tad* more of a whitish gold tinge, while Stila is a straight yellow gold. The two area nearly identical, however, and differences are very slight. (Couldn't take a pic because the shimmer reflects poorly on my camera.)

The only other notable difference is that GA has a definite odor, kind of like just a foundation odor, that I did not notice with Stila.

All in all, for the price point, I'd definitely opt for Stila, and I actually prefer the Stila applicator. On GA's side, though, they still have far more colors available in their fluid sheer collection (Stila only has three luminizers).
continued >>