Pink Flower Scents (A Zaftig Woman) Vanilla Sandalwood

No Image

3.8

on 1/12/2018 4:36:00 PM

It's such a shame this company is no longer in business, because this was one of my favorite lotion scents of all time. I bought this back when it was AZW. The mix of vanilla and sandalwood was warm and comforting, which is my favorite type of scent. I also wore this on my honeymoon, so there's definitely some nostalgia there. The Shea Butter lotion was extremely thick and moisturizing, but one caveat was the bottle. The pump never worked on these lotions because they were way too thick, so I always had to open the bottle to force the product out. But if this company was still around I would buy more in a heartbeat.

on 12/20/2005 11:20:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love the combo of Vanilla and Sandalwood and so does my significant other. So much so that I call the combo "Bona fide *insert SO's name here* Attractant". I decided to try out AZW's version in the Shea Butter Body Cream and while the scent was very nice, they sent me an old, black and silver bottle of the Body Pudding formula which was so thick from age that it was completely congealed and stuck to the bottom of the bottle. I fought with this bottle and cream for about a year then pitched it during my big Fall clean-out. If I knew that they were going to send me a *new green* bottle, I might order this again because it did smell very nice. Caveat Emptor.

(NOTE: haven't tried the lotion, but this review is of the tart & body spray...)

The tart got such raves among the males in my household (including never-before-seen attempts to self-anoint their bodies and clothes with any tiny soy-wax remnants in order to "bathe" in the fresh, clean, woody scent) that I was compelled to get the body spray as well. Oh my, but this is a heavenly true sandalwood softened ever so slightly with warm vanilla! Another hit for AZW -- love their excellent scents and service...

on 9/17/2005 5:59:00 PM

I normally love, adore AZW scents but I did not like this one. I like AZW's vanilla so it can't be that...it must be the combo with Sandalwood. It smelled very nice in the bottle but on my skin, the Sandalwood morphed into a sweet, burning leaves smell. Must be my body chemistry does not like Sandalwood. I literally had to wash it off. On the same note, I didn't care too much for Hula Girl either...it was too flowery sweet for my tastes and almost overwhelming. As usual, I got great service from AZW, I just didn't pick the right scents for me this time!

Popular Lotions / Creams