Aesop Tuberose Lip Heal

Aesop Tuberose Lip Heal

3.0

on 3/1/2013 1:03:00 AM

I bought this along with the rosehip seed lip cream as recommended by the sales associates. I cannot get over the scent of this. I was already bothered by the lip cream and this turned out to be even worse. It's so strong I can taste it in my mouth. It's a very grassy/plant smelling oil that's supposed to moisturize and heal very chapped/dry lips. It's also quite expensive for something so small, and is supposed to double as a perfume (I can't imagine anyone wearing it though). I'm not sure it moisturized too well for me as it seemed to disappear quickly after I applied it. I don't have flaky or cracked lips but I do have dry lips that get irritated easily. It didn't irritate my lips, but I also couldn't get past the smell/taste. I tend to use it at night and by morning my lips are soft, but at the same time it still feels dry...not sure if that makes sense. For the price I wouldn't buy it again, I'll stick to my aquaphor lip repair.

on 3/17/2012 4:45:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product is advertised as a 'lip heal' and 'can double as a perfume'. They must be joking as it does neither of those things - it heals nothing and smells awful (and I'm someone who normally likes the smell of plant-based products). I don't normally have any particular problem with my lips, but since I started using this product, my lips have become the driest ever. A cheap Chapstick works better. AUD 31 is steep for this useless product but I guess it does last quite a while (I've been using it for a few weeks and the bottle is still almost full).

on 4/22/2011 11:16:00 AM

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this product. At first I thought it was a roll-on perfume and that's what I mainly use it for because I can't get enough of the scent. However, I've never used a better lip treatment. I don't have dry lips but I like to use this on my wrists and over lipstick because it seals in color.

on 4/18/2011 2:26:00 AM

Although im not a fan of the scent, i must say it works like a charm, i tend to have dry lips although im living in a humid country (living in UK is fun as i always get to buy lip balms). This lip treatment works like a charm, i apply it at night and woke up with soft, non-flaky lips.

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

I adore the smell of this product... like all Aesop products, this has a lovely earthy, natural aroma that also smells like 'quality' ingredients as opposed to additives and fragrances. I also adore the packaging. The dark glass roller-ball is really robust and is nice (and neat) to use. However, as a lip conditioner, this product isn't great. It slides on fairly thinly, coats the lips somewhat and slips off before it absorbs. And despite the fab smell, it doesn't taste great so don't reapply before sipping a drink.

I hate this as a lip treatment, but love it as a perfume oil: it is a very earthy green but floral scent.

Nice & convenient packaging. A thin "oil" that is very light, and it manages to moisturize my chapped lips. However, it dissapears quickly. Smells quite bad though, like decaying flowers....and the smell lingers..... Will not be repurchasing. I cannot stand the taste on my lips...

on 12/7/2005 8:56:00 PM

This product is sort of strange. It has a really strong smell to it, the "oil" glides on to the lips, sinks in, but never fully moisturizes. BUT I found the oil to completely heal my chapped, flaky lips, which was quite a wonder. I found that all you have to do is roll this onto the lips, wait for maybe 10 minutes - in that time it will fully fade away, or sink into the lips, then after that, just apply regular chapstick to moisturize. It DOES heal flaky lips, and I'm so happy to discover this as usually my a regular balm won't get rid of the flakes.

Product Description: Exquisite therapy for dry or fragile lips needing hydration.
Roll on some of this seductive blend in the lead up to any romantic moment, or use regularly to soften and regenerate dry lips. The roll-on top enables speedy application and the streamlined glass vial can slip easily into the slinkiest of vintage purses. Exquisite Jasmine, Violet and Tuberose set the mood whilst the pure nut and plant oils penetrate and hydrate to give you the softest, shiniest, most kissable lips. Will also double as a botanical perfume.

Damage: AUD$27.50 = 10ml

On Me: the packaging is kinda cute. much bigger than a usual lip balm stick, comes in a glass tube bottle with a black plastic screw top cover. doesnt cover very well cos the oils has flowed out of the bottle. It has a roller ball on the top that dispenses the oil when you roll it on your lips. personally i find it unhygenic. and it would be a huge mess if you wear lipstick/lip pencil then roll the ball over!
i have no idea why this is recommended as a perfume. it smells so viled to me and tastes terrible.
It does indeed give the shinest lips...not too sure about the kissable part. I find that the oil disappears fairly quickly on the lips that you have to reapply fairly often. Might be the alcohol in the product which i think is ment for preserving this product cos i really cant think of alcohol having a hydrating effect. LIkewise, this is okay on lips that fine. however if you have cracked lips, do not expect this to heal the cracked lips. i was suffering cracked lips for a week when trying this...thought it would work wwonders with a name like 'lip heal'. got fed up and went back to my usual nivea vitamin power & the cracked lips healed within a day! tried this again with my healed lips & realised that this was causing all the cracked lips. wont be repuchasing...shall stick to the cheaper nivea vitamin powder which does its work, is cheap, fab under and over lipsticks or lip pencils, tastes good & smells like mangoes!!

Ingredients: Prunus Amygadalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) oil, Triffcum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba Seed Oil), Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) oil, Corylus Avellana (Hazel) Seed Oil, Linalcol, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Viola Odorate Oil, Polianthes Tuberose Extract, Jasminum Officinale (jasmine) oil, Benzyl Benzoate, Geraniol, Benzyl alcohol, Farnsol, Euenol, d-limonene, Benzyl Salicylate. continued >>

Top Rated Lip Treatments