Lancôme Le Crayon Poudre in Natural Blonde

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
No Image

3.8

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have been using this brow pencil for the past year and have gone through countless of them. The pencil is very soft and it truly is a "powder pencil". Just an FYI, I am Chinese with naturally dark brown hair. I have dyed my hair into a light ash brown color and the shade Natural Blonde works very well. I think its because my brow hairs are very dark so the color mixed with my brow hairs equal the perfect shade. But that's just my theory

I really do like the pencil. It draws on my brows very well and I get very sharp lines that I cant get with a normal powder and brush so I'm very grateful for that. I do think that the pencil snaps very easily so if yours is breaking, look at the sharpener that you're using. I was using a cheap one and it made the pencil break since the blade wasn't sharp enough. I went through half a pencil before I realized so don't make the same mistake as me :(

Despite the price being a little high for an eyebrow pencil, I think I have found my current holy grail brow pencil as the color is one that I've been looking for for a while.

on 11/28/2012 10:57:00 AM

Thank goodness for Joy2uandme's review (under the Taupe color)! If it hadn't been for her, I would have never tried Chantecaille's eyebrow pencil. I had purchased this one and considering the price, wasn't overly impressed. Although the color was light it was a little orangey on me and definitely not a match. The concept is good; powder in a pencil form but the coverage isn't there. This would probably work if you were simply filling in or coloring existing brows but I am "recreating" brows where only skin exists due to over-plucking from when I was younger (damn you Linda Evangelista! lol). I didn't keep it long enough to have to sharpen it so I can't say if it would have fallen apart when I did but I tend to believe that it would have since so many fellow reviewers had a problem with it. If this didn't work for you, try Chantecaille.

on 7/28/2011 2:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Medium

I like this eyebrow pencil because it's soft and applies easily. The color softens my darker brow color. The pencil is expensive, but it lasts a long time and I haven't found any other brand that I like as well. I don't use the brush on the end of the pencil. I've found this pencil works equally well to line my lower lids.

on 4/6/2011 2:52:00 PM

This is probably the only makeup item that I have purchased again and again. It is perfect! The color is perfect the pencil is perfect, and it lasts forever! It goes on flawlessly! With medium blond eyebrows I have to fill them in and this is the only pencil I have found that looks natural. I tried the Anastasia pencil and it was awful, it actually made my eybrow hairs come out when I used it. I will always purchase this, thank goodness it usually lasts me like a year.

on 10/24/2008 11:01:00 AM

I've been using this pencil for years, and gives me such a great natural color. My brows are so light that they need a little definition, and this color blends well. The consistency is soft, and with the bristle brush I can ensure that the color is distributed evenly. Some reviews mentioned the brush being stiff, but I have never had that experience. I'll continue to use this pencil as long as they keep making it.

I've been using Shiseido's eyebrow pencil for years and years and years, but I was attracted to Lancome's Crayon Poudre b/c of the convenience of having an eyebrow brush/spoolie at the other end of the pencil w/ its own cap. I use "Ash Blond" in Shiseido, and couldn't decide b/t "Taupe" and "Natural Blond" in Lancome, so I purchased both. I like the NB color better, b/c it seems warmer and more auburn, and not taupe-y and grey. Unfortunately, when I applied the pencil, I wasn't used to the powdery texture, and even though I applied w/ a light hand, my eyebrows ended up waaaay too dark. I thought I could use the brush to wipe off some of the excess and make my brows look more natural. But the brush bristles were so harsh that after brushing my brows, my brows (and the area around them) were red! =( However, what was great about the Lancome was its longevity. Because the formulation is powdery and not waxy (like Shiseido), I thought it would wear right off, but it's just as long-lasting as the Shiseido. I may decide to keep the Lancome only if I can get used to the powdery texture and use an extremely delicate touch. Otherwise, I'll end up putting on too much color, brushing my brows raw, and having ultra-dark eyebrows.

Popular Brows Products